Depression causing a drop in NSX resale prices.

Very very broad statement here, but the economy is doing fantastic for certain groups & industries, and terrible for others. For those in the "others" category (and I'm talking about income source, not due to debt from overconsumption) -- buckle down and start seriously reassessing your career. Globalization is changing EVERYTHING, some U.S. workers will benefit (a lot), many will suffer, and all U.S. consumers will benefit from cheaper goods & services. Read The World is Flat if you have any doubts.

That said, right now at least, the only industry that is really suffering *that would have had workers buying NSXs* is residential real estate. Although there seem to be a number of Primers whose careers are in R/E, I doubt there are enough that you would see much of an impact on the price of such a low production (and niche enthusiast) car. It sounds contradictory, but I *do* think you are seeing serious devaluation of F355/360s though, due to the real estate bust. At least in Miami, that is the vehicle of choice for the newly minted, now newly broke, real estate mogul. NSXs sure aren't. Probably some great deals coming our way on 911s for the same reason.

It sounds contradictory, but I *do* think you are seeing serious devaluation of F355/360s though, due to the real estate bust. At least in Miami, that is the vehicle of choice for the newly minted, now newly broke, real estate mogul. NSXs sure aren't. Probably some great deals coming our way on 911s for the same reason.

Interestingly, I have been following both these markets for the last 6 months as I decide what car I want next.

The 355 market is flat to good. Not dropping in value. There are certainly those out there for $80k that have not had a major service in 3-5 years and/or are 3-5 owner cars. The last year, 99s are holding strong in the high $90s to $100s for good examples.

360s are a another story. The market for those seems to be softening. 99s and 00s can be had in the low $100s for less than great examples. This is a shift.

Pcars are a strange breed all their own. The 993 market continues to be STRONG with excellent Turbos selling for 80-100% of original 1996/97 MSRP and Turbo Ss selling for 25-50% OVER original MSRP.

996 prices are dropping like a ROCK! You can get a WAY newer 996 turbo for much less than a previous generation 993. If thats what you want. 997 sales are starting to soften as well.

Just my $0.02

This is a pretty good representation of how consumers out there feel about the market.
Some think it's great...some think it's not... and some may not even care.
Nothing in life is constant, except for change. Our NSXes will change as well and that change is... there will be less and less of it.

For those that may suffer from our market condition... I feel your pain. Read this book called "Who Moved My Cheese". It will make you feel better.
Good luck everyone.

in July 07 I bought a 05 with 4200 miles for $73K and in Oct 07 I bought another 05 with 2900 miles on it for $68K. Only difference was the color. The cheaper was bought in an area where the car would not be driven in the winter and the time of year I'm sure was a factor in the price.

As long as I can remember the NSX market, it happens every year during this time........no need to worry about. If you need to sell, sell it....if not, store the car away and wait until spring.

You're not really trying to prove a point using the Kelley blue book value whose derivation methods are entirely fallacious for low-volume cars, are you?

No. What I'm saying is, potentially there could be less buyers for those older model cars, because due to most bank will not provide finance for them, and those potential buyers whom used to have easy access to their equity line may evaporate due to the current real estate bust.

By the way, on the other hand, this situation may create some good opportunity for those buyer who actually have cash on hand.

Back