Dentless Repair

Hi Guys,

I am visiting my parents in California. So my parent's E-class has this big dent from hitting a parking pole (not me :eek:). Any opinons on if this can be fixed by dent repair people (without going to the body shop). If yes, any recommendations?

If no, any recommendations of body shops near Claremont, CA?:confused:

Thanks a lot for your inputs and opinions are greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• 2012-05-21 14.05.59.jpg
    2012-05-21 14.05.59.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 107
Re: Dent Removal Option...

Sorry the title should read dent removal, not dentless repair (which doesn't really make sense)....:confused:

Hi Guys,

I am visiting my parents in California. So my parent's E-class has this big dent from hitting a parking pole (not me :eek:). Any opinons on if this can be fixed by dent repair people (without going to the body shop). If yes, any recommendations?

If no, any recommendations of body shops near Claremont, CA?:confused:

Thanks a lot for your inputs and opinions are greatly appreciated...

I've used a guy named Joe. He made my NSX perfect. Also worked on my Ridgeline. He'll come to you as well. His number is 9099211653. Good luck!

That would require a bodyshop. I've fixed dents larger, but that metal is too deformed to get perfect.
Hope all is well,
John

5-b.jpg
5-a.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks John and everyone for your recommendations.
I ended up going with the paintless repair route. I couldn't wait, so took it to fix the next morning. After 2.5 hours of wait time, below pic shows the result. Not 100%, but it's an old car so will have to settle. :eek:

That would require a bodyshop. I've fixed dents larger, but that metal is too deformed to get perfect.
Hope all is well,
John

Attachments

• 2012-05-22 10.48.48.jpg
    2012-05-22 10.48.48.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 76
Surprisingly there weren't any scratches on the fender surface. They were able to buff out everything. Just needed a little touch up paint on the edge in between the bumper and fender. Only minor scratches on the bumper. :biggrin:

Sam, that looks amazing! Are the scratches just not visible, or did you have those touched up?

Last edited:
Surprisingly there weren't any scratches on the fender surface. They were able to buff out everything. Just needed a little touch up paint on the edge in between the bumper and fender. Only minor scratches on the bumper. :biggrin:

Wow you lucked out. Congrats!

Back