Dent repair in O.C. recommendation ?

Yesterday, while on the Fwy, something bounced up (rock?) and hit my hood, leaving about a quarter (coin) sized dent:mad:. There was some paint that got chipped off as well. I'd appreciate some advice on where to get this repaired---I'd prefer someone w/ NSX experience.....but if someone knows anybody that's really skilled regardless of the type of car.....

There is a great place in Huntington Beach....just don't remember the name of it. They took out 3 door dings on my NSX and did a great job. Its located close to Autowave on Warner. Call Shane or Ron at Autowave and they can give you the number. Autowave 714-841-2433

Tony

Mike, there is a dent repair by my shop.

Beach Blvd and Warner very close to the self serve car wash. They did my last NSX and did a great job!!! Talk to them.

Vance

I highly recommend...

Jeff
Hi-Tech Dent Repair
714-960-3143

He is mobile and reasonably priced. He took out a few dents for my on my NSX. NSXSUPRA referred him to me and I couldn't be happier! Tell him Brian with the Black NSX sent you and he will take care of you.

In researching this, it seems that most dent repair does not include the repair of the paint damage.....just the repair of the dent itself....In my case, I was told (over the phone) that unless I want a complete hood respray, my best bet is to just get some Berlina Black touch up paint and fill in the chip itself, leave it on for a few days, then smooth it out w/ some ultra fine sandpaper...The paint damage is about a 1/4 inch square chip w/ a "crack- tail" located in the middle of the dent.... Any thoughts or advice ?

You can have the dent removed with PDR and then use touch up paint - can you say half-ass'd!

If the paint is damaged then PDR is not the solution. For a flawless job you need to have the whole hood repaired and repainted. Maybe now is the time to buy that CF hood, you've been looking at :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

You can have the dent removed with PDR and then use touch up paint - can you say half-ass'd!

If the paint is damaged then PDR is not the solution. For a flawless job you need to have the whole hood repaired and repainted. Maybe now is the time to buy that CF hood, you've been looking at :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

Not to sound ignorant.....But what is PDR ? (Professional Dent Repair :confused:)

I highly recommend...

Jeff
Hi-Tech Dent Repair
714-960-3143

He is mobile and reasonably priced. He took out a few dents for my on my NSX. NSXSUPRA referred him to me and I couldn't be happier! Tell him Brian with the Black NSX sent you and he will take care of you.

FYI, guys, unfortunately Jeff ran into some health issues and will no longer be able to do PDR. He referred me to a good, honest, professional guy. He did work on my BMW... quick, reasonable, clean, on time etc. He offered to do a PDR "clinic" at the South Coast Acura Meets if organizers are interested. He has done PDR for over 14 years and has experience w/ aluminum panels.

His contact info:

Bud
Dent Techniques
(714) 349 2100

Jeff

FYI, guys, unfortunately Jeff ran into some health issues and will no longer be able to do PDR. He referred me to a good, honest, professional guy. He did work on my BMW... quick, reasonable, clean, on time etc. He offered to do a PDR "clinic" at the South Coast Acura Meets if organizers are interested. He has done PDR for over 14 years and has experience w/ aluminum panels.

His contact info:

Bud
Dent Techniques
(714) 349 2100

Jeff

Thanks for the referral, Jeff.
Bud just fixed a nasty dent on my GTR's hood. Punctual, consciensious and anal about his work. Did an excellent job. I would highly recommend him.

Thanks for the referral, Jeff.
Bud just fixed a nasty dent on my GTR's hood. Punctual, consciensious and anal about his work. Did an excellent job. I would highly recommend him.

GREAT to hear...I always hope my referrals stand up to my claims. BTW, you are in my neck of the woods...I am in Anaheim Hills. What color is your car? I have the red widebody 02 update w/ black top..92 so a hardtop w/ carbon fiber wheels. Unfortunately, I don't get her out much. BTW, did you reference my name so hopefully he took care of you $$ wise? Again, he said he would be interested in attending the south coast acura meet for a little shop talk on paintless dent removal on metal vs. aluminum panels.

Jeff

Last edited:
GREAT to hear...I always hope my referrals stand up to my claims. BTW, you are in my neck of the woods...I am in Anaheim Hills. What color is your car? I have the red widebody 02 update w/ black top..92 so a hardtop w/ carbon fiber wheels. Unfortunately, I don't get her out much. BTW, did you reference my name so hopefully he took care of you $$ wise? Again, he said he would be interested in attending the south coast acura meet for a little shop talk on paintless dent removal on metal vs. aluminum panels.

Jeff

Yes I did mention your name and he was $ reasonable. It was not easy as the GTR hood has three (Alu) skins in the area of the dent. Like his business card says, he is a "Master Craftsman".
I am in the East Lake area of YL. I have a black 97 CT NSX.

Last edited:
Just a little over a year after my previous post, with Jeff unfortunately no longer with us (RIP), I had to call Bud again to repair a very nasty dent in the pax door of my newly "transformed" NSX. As some of you may know, a good friend of mine put a Quarter-sized dent in my door by accident during NSXPO. Bud spent 90 minutes massaging the damage thru the window sill (he does not like to drill holes) and asked me to check the repair. I just could not see where the spot was. That's how good he is !! I highly recommend him for OC owners. He is truly amazing at what he does.

Last edited:
Just a little over a year after my previous post, with Jeff unfortunately no longer with us (RIP), I had to call Bud again to repair a very nasty dent in the pax door of my newly "transformed" NSX. As some of you may know, a good friend of mine put a Quarter-sized dent in my door by accident during NSXPO. Bud spent 90 minutes massaging the damage thru the window sill (he does not like to drill holes) and asked me to check the repair. I just could not see where the spot was. That's how good he is !! I highly recommend him for OC owners. He is truly amazing at what he does.

Does Bud have his own place to work on the cars? I spoke with someone (forgot the name) in the Summer about fixing some dings. He didn't have a shop/garage and was in an apartment and was difficult to arrange for a place to get it done. I ended up using someone named Mark.

Does Bud have his own place to work on the cars? I spoke with someone (forgot the name) in the Summer about fixing some dings. He didn't have a shop/garage and was in an apartment and was difficult to arrange for a place to get it done. I ended up using someone named Mark.

Twice he came to my home and did his work in the comfort of my garage with proper lighting..etc. I know he confines his calls to the OC but give him a call and see if he can suggest something for your case.

Bud
Dent Techniques
(714) 349 2100

Back