Dec 9-10 TWS Drivers Edge (Clockwise)

Who else is in?

I am 95% sure I'm going and it will be like a new track for sure since the 2 previous times for me have both been counter-clockwise.

EDITED: Just registered

Last edited:
DVDoughboy said:
Who else is in?

I am 95% sure I'm going and it will be like a new track for sure since the 2 previous times for me have both been counter-clockwise.

EDITED: Just registered

I think someone is addicted!!! :D

Sorry. I am missing that one.

Btw, Why don't we do a group buy for next spring at TWS. That way we can have 10 NSX/S2000's at the track.

Heck If I have my 2 car hauler then I might bring both my NSX and my SM.

Ritesh.

NSXLuvr said:
Sorry. I am missing that one.

Btw, Why don't we do a group buy for next spring at TWS. That way we can have 10 NSX/S2000's at the track.

Heck If I have my 2 car hauler then I might bring both my NSX and my SM.

Ritesh.

Sure thing.
I am currently using my S2KCA membership and going with the local chapter to get my group discount. I just figured it would be harder to get 10 NSX guys.
Pick a date for next spring and let's see if we can get 10 of us and our friends to go.
I originally am planning to go twice a year but since I haven't gone at all this year except for October, I figured December will be my 2nd time for this year. :biggrin:

I don't like going when it's hot. So early spring would be best for me except for April (going to be in Turkey for a month).

Quick question,

I was going to register and spoke to Rick @ Drivers Edge. I have not done an event with them. He says he has no one to "vouch" for me. I wanted to bring the Radical and he didn't think he would be comfortable with me on the track without references. Anyone here feel comfortable giving me a thumbs up? I've been through Barber and Panoz before, done dozens of DE's. Surely I've been on track with someone here before. I'm happy to have an instructor ride with me/critique me even in the beginner groups, but Rick is concerned about the speed differential (which is indeed going to be staggering).

Anyone?

Ben

Ben,

just a thought - If Vaughn Duarte was with you guys at NSXPO in Dallas then he can vouch for you. He is an instructor with TDE. I would ask Rick to talk to vaughn.

Ritesh.

Thanks Ritesh,

I've run with Vaughn at Dallas and I believe he was at Sebring for xpo this year. I don't know him particularly well, though; however, I think he'd be willing to vouch. We'll see.

Ben

beckertb said:
Quick question,

I was going to register and spoke to Rick @ Drivers Edge. I have not done an event with them. He says he has no one to "vouch" for me. I wanted to bring the Radical and he didn't think he would be comfortable with me on the track without references. Anyone here feel comfortable giving me a thumbs up? I've been through Barber and Panoz before, done dozens of DE's. Surely I've been on track with someone here before. I'm happy to have an instructor ride with me/critique me even in the beginner groups, but Rick is concerned about the speed differential (which is indeed going to be staggering).

Anyone?

Ben

Do you have an SR3?

I've ran with the radicals at Spring Mountain before. Its not too bad if you are in the fast group and the rest of the drivers are prepared for you to scream by at 11K RPM and make them look like they are standing still.

I registered last week when the event showed 65% full, but today I received an stating that I'm on stand-by since my run group could be sold out. Dangit, I hope I was not too late.

I'd imagine it'd be blue. Last time I was pretty fast in blue, but I've never been in yellow and I'm just going to be on street tires.

Last edited:
Yes, it is an SR3. I received a note from Rick today saying that he is not comfortable having me there in that car--at least not the first day. I guess I could have someone else drive another car there for me. I should know more in the next day or so.

Hope to see you guys there.

Ben

Ben,

TDE is a bit strict since they had 2 couple of "Off field excursions" last year at TWS. If you haven't done an event with them then I would recommend you do one with the NSX first couple of times. Once then know you are not CRAZY then I am sure they will let you take your SR3 out. You probably need to be in Blue - solo or Yellow run group before they let you do that. Once they know you they give you plenty of flexibility. I just go up to Rick or Dean and tell them If I want to do something different. Heck you could even trailer both of them and pick which one you want to drive. That's what I plan to do next year.

Ritesh.

Here is a video that I shot in November 2003 running TWS clockwise. I had the camera zoomed in to avoid the rearview mirror so the field of vision is a bit small. It's not the best time I am sure, but it was my best time. The full lap is a 2:04 and I hit 140 mph on the straight the second time around on the video. And yeah, that is a Miata in front of me the WHOLE way!
Teddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSx8pAKz6pg

Counter said:
Here is a video that I shot in November 2003 running TWS clockwise. I had the camera zoomed in to avoid the rearview mirror so the field of vision is a bit small. It's not the best time I am sure, but it was my best time. The full lap is a 2:04 and I hit 140 mph on the straight the second time around on the video. And yeah, that is a Miata in front of me the WHOLE way!
Teddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSx8pAKz6pg

Thanks for sharing. Going clockwise sure felt weird but I can't wait for this weekend.
See ya there

Have fun guys,

Ben - I told a friend of mine(Dennis) to drop and say Hi to you. He is an instructor in a Red Turbo miata #10.

I went. No pics. First lap, coming into turn 14, rear tires locked up. Towed back in. Long story short, the starter clutch hadn't disengaged, startor stayed on the flywheel until the startor motor grenaded and locked up on the flywheel.

Joy.

Ben

I just got back and boy, was it fun today (even in the wet).

Sorry you had to go early Ben. The 3rd and 4th sessions yesterday went great for everyone (track warmed up).

I am actually glad that it rained today since it gave me first exposure to wet conditions and I learned quite a bit today. I did get really lucky though when I came in too hot on turn 4 and spun out (missed the tire wall, whew).

Here are a couple of pics I took of Counter (Teddy) while he took my car out for a session (click on the thumbnail):

Thanks Teddy for the DVD

Last edited:
Matt,
Thanks for letting me drive your car (even backwards). It has given me inspiration for some mods. Please email a list of what you have done to it. I assume you got most of it done at Sterling McCall.
I agree that the weekend was great even in spite of the rain! I am very glad I made the effort and put the street tires on the NSX on Sunday. The Miata just wouldn't have been as much fun.

It was nice meeting you Ben. It is a shame about your car. I look forward to seeing you at future events.
Teddy

Sorry for your bad Luck Ben.

Teddy - you brought the miata - so I am guessing it is ready?

See you guys next year.

Back