DEANERS lives on

The unofficial, official Porsche club of NSX owners would like to send everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ;)

HO! HO! HO!

Sean...we might only be in Dubai for another year and then back in Canada (company has mandated that I live in Abu Dhabi and there's no point - we'd rather come back home as Abu Dhabi kinda sucks...).

Dave - its Dec.24th, 21C outside and I'm going for a ride on the bike! Sunny and clear...haha

Last edited:
The unofficial, official Porsche club of NSX owners would like to send everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ;)

HO! HO! HO!

Sean...we might only be in Dubai for another year and then back in Canada (company has mandated that I live in Abu Dhabi and there's no point - we'd rather come back home as Abu Dhabi kinda sucks...).

Dave - its Dec.24th, 21C outside and I'm going for a ride on the bike! Sunny and clear...haha

Just realized that aside from nsx's and pcars, Sean, Dave, Cam and I also have the road biking thing to iron out the trifecta!

Just realized that aside from nsx's and pcars, Sean, Dave, Cam and I also have the road biking thing to iron out the trifecta!

Nothing like having carbon fibre between your legs!

Bumping this thread for all of you (OWEN!) who are wondering what life is like with a Pcar.

One word, AWESOME!

It has been almost two years since I bought this car (and over two since I sold my NSX to our deserving partner in the 'Peg) and its reliability, performance, practicality and general awesomeness has been flawless. It really is an impressive car - faster than pretty much anything you will ever come across (700+ hp will do that), as or more reliable than my NSX was (only thing to go wrong during my ownership was an ignition switch - $25 part that I fixed myself, and a battery), but what has been the best is that my boy and I spend a lot of time together in and with this car. It takes us to baseball touraments for the weekend, we do exotic car cruises, it gets us and his sister around all year.... It has been an incredible car that is extremely practical. It checks all the boxes!

Only additions are the GT2 wing blade and the GT3 wheels.

Loving it, still.

20130602_132659.jpg

Awesome to hear Dave!

Funny that in 2011 I had posted above that we'd be leaving Dubai and its literally 6 days until we fly out for good!

Thx Dave but how often do you get to put all that power to use? Not to say it isn't impressive but I find 700+ hp borderline ridiculous. What we enjoy now is just right, no more no less.

So far it has been difficult to picture anything but an NSX in my garage. I see your point on practicality and reliability but still the urge hasn't really been that strong to make a move.

To be honest a number of us still see your 02 Y/Y as one of the more special car driven in Toronto. Too bad we couldn't keep it in town, and Stu now gets all the looks.

A Porsche will come eventually but not yet!

It doesn't check the good looking box. ;). For that you need a 997 turbo.

Bumping this thread for all of you (OWEN!) who are wondering what life is like with a Pcar.

One word, AWESOME!

It has been almost two years since I bought this car (and over two since I sold my NSX to our deserving partner in the 'Peg) and its reliability, performance, practicality and general awesomeness has been flawless. It really is an impressive car - faster than pretty much anything you will ever come across (700+ hp will do that), as or more reliable than my NSX was (only thing to go wrong during my ownership was an ignition switch - $25 part that I fixed myself, and a battery), but what has been the best is that my boy and I spend a lot of time together in and with this car. It takes us to baseball touraments for the weekend, we do exotic car cruises, it gets us and his sister around all year.... It has been an incredible car that is extremely practical. It checks all the boxes!

Only additions are the GT2 wing blade and the GT3 wheels.

Loving it, still.

View attachment 102248

c'mon Dave! you mean you don't miss this?? :tongue:

9053620301_64b1aef4ca_b.jpg

^lol they are in my old thread in the gallary. heres a vid for you though.

That video is awesome if the goal is to show how unattractive folks in Winnipeg are but all I can see of the car is the mirror.

I love the black wrap. I should have done that! Can you still pull the roof off?

Lol yeah it was suppose to be a "reaction" vid. The angles were off. My buddy just wanted to see how well the go pros work.

Yeah roof still comes off its wrapped separately.

Last edited:
Thx Dave but how often do you get to put all that power to use? Not to say it isn't impressive but I find 700+ hp borderline ridiculous. What we enjoy now is just right, no more no less.

So far it has been difficult to picture anything but an NSX in my garage. I see your point on practicality and reliability but still the urge hasn't really been that strong to make a move.

To be honest a number of us still see your 02 Y/Y as one of the more special car driven in Toronto. Too bad we couldn't keep it in town, and Stu now gets all the looks.

A Porsche will come eventually but not yet!

Its not borderline ridiculous, it is completely and utterly ludicrous. The power that comes with the boost is something that you need to experience to understand - my eyes have a tough time keeping up with what is coming at me! And the sounds coming from the turbos and the wastegates dumping boost is also something out of a movie. I have my boost dialed down 95% of the time to a mere 550ish HP, which feels the norm for me now. I never believed the saying that once you go boost its tough to go back, but the yellow car gave me a taste of it and this gray car is the boost buffet.

I did love my NSX and yes it is a special car and I really love how much Shawn loves it, and the things he has done to it to make it his own, but it was time for me to move on from a practicality standpoint. Im glad none of you in Ontario bought it. You're not deserving enough!

Back