DEANERS lives on

It took a long time to find a worthy successor to my beautiful and beloved ex-NSX, which I miss everyday, but I think I found one. So I flew into NYC yesterday AM, took the train up into CT, and bought a Porsche Turbo! It's Seal Gray with Black leather inside.

Once the transaction was done, I drove it from CT to Buffalo, slept close to the border, crossed this AM and had it safetied, eTested, RIV'd and the title transferred and finally plated with DEANERS this afternoon.

Thanks to Sean who put up with literally thousands of cars flooding his inbox and to Stu who made my life much easier by helping me with a plate and to Bob for helping me behind the scenes.

It is a tuned 911TT. Hybrid turbos and and everything else power related, and coilovers. It dyno'd at 525 at the wheel on the lower map and 610 at higher boost (~750 at the crank in an allwheel drive car). It flies and there is very little to no lag.

The drive home went well. This car is so surefooted it is nutty. It was quite comfortable but, as I hoped it would be, its pretty loud! Passing anything was not a problem ;) It is basically the car I would like to build (but probably wouldnt!).

Once I pulled into home today after a long day and a half, the family piled in and we went for a short drive. It was nice to be able to do that.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics but here she is after a long drive home. I know I need a rear license plate frame!

My biggest regret? That I didnt have this in time to go to Sean's big weekend. That would have been an incredible way to enjoy the first days of owning it. But I loved the pictures that I saw of all of you enjoying it. It looked like an amazing time!

photo-32.jpg

photo-33.jpg

photo-35.jpg

photo-34.jpg

Last edited:
Best of luck with it.....btw how did you locate it and how did you do your pre purchase due diligence?

very nice love the color combo with the dark rims makes it look so stealth imagine driving that beast at night very nice

Beautiful Dave! Congrats!! That is some awesome power you're putting down

Thanks Doc, found it in autotrader and then communicated with the seller A LOT, called everyone from the Porsche techs who have worked on it to the tuner, had a PPI and spoke to that tech, had some NSX friends who we all know "look into a few things", called the previous lien holding bank (released a couple years ago), the CT DMV, googled the hell...and used my gut. It was probably a three way split between gut/PPI and the seller. Good seller usually means a good car.

I flew down with a bank draft that I had given him the ability to validate ahead of time. I was prepared to scramble for a way home if the car didnt pan out.

Last edited:
ahhh I knew the reality was more involved than your initial post led on...btw I had tons of fun in some modded TT's owned by a good friend, the acceleration is amazing and they are solid tanks of a car.

Beautiful Dave! Congrats!! That is some awesome power you're putting down

LOL - the car sure can put power down but I'm not letting it!

The car is laughing at me most of the time by showing:

BOOST

But I have to say that the loud whistle from the rear when the waste gates do open is a bit unnerving. Or maybe that's just me shtting my pants!

Dave - car looks sinister!
Shame that Ontario requires a front license plate...
Congrats. :smile:

Congrats Dave!

Car suits you man, and if it was built right, should give you many happy years of ownership!

I always tell friends that buying a car already modded is the way to go (if you're into modded cars). I don't have the patience to do it all over again the next time around ;)

Congrats on the turbo. They are very addicting to drive. I don't even want to know how the acceleration feels with the hp that you are putting to the ground. My turbo with the X50 package is faster than I'll ever need. I really have to look far down the road when going WOT compared to my NSX which seems to take forever to accelerate. I can't wait until it cools off down here for me to enjoy another winter of top down driving.

All I can say is finally.

Well done Dave & welcome to the Dark Side.

I knew it would be a Porsche! Congrats Dave!

Where does Deaners come from?

It's a nickname based on his surname. :)

Gratz again Dave, but change those wheels. 8)

I had the car plated within 7 hrs of crossing the border (including a 2 hr drive from the border).

Is that a record?

RIV, safety, eTest and title transfer!

Nice. :wink:

What would look cool is putting a NSXCA plate frame around that rear plate (btw I have one for sale!) ...and getting new wheels ...and bringing that thing up to CMP :cool:

Last edited:
Congrats Dave!

I know a lot of people don't like the 996's, but they are unbelievable cars! You can't go wrong with a well built German tank... my buddies Turbo S I was telling you about puts similar numbers down.

Want to have that 'shit in pants feeling'? Hit the Andretti straight on mosport full throttle and hold on for dear life.

:biggrin:

-Steve

Congrats! i have a 996TT with similar mods that is my daily driver. You won't believe how good these cars are - even in the snow. The power is addictive and makes my CTSC feel slow. The 996TT has to be the best value out there at the moment. Be careful with tire selection as getting the wrong size can result in a blown front diff. Check out 6speedonline and rennlist for more info on the cars. I have 13 cars and if I could only keep one it would be the 996TT.

OK - you've had it for a week. I know you've had time to wax it, drive it to Muskoka.... Time to post some driving impressions.

Ok - I've put about 1000km on the car, almost all of that is highway coming home from NYC.

Engine Performance.
The only word I can come up with is excessive. Ive spent time in F430s, other PTurbos, M6s, Z06s, etc... at the track and none of those have anything on this car. This tuned Turbo on the lower boost map (525 dynod at wheel) would completely obliterate any of those. I cannot imagine what the higher map would be like - I've turned the boost continued off entirely until I can get the maps confirmed as safe. Driving around at 450/475 whp, whatever it is, is already feeling slow - but I know it isn't! With the boost up, it is just madness.

Handling performance
It's not as neutral as my dialed in NSX was but given the engine location, no surprise. But it is unbelievably surefooted. It hunkers down and between the dialed in suspension, awd, and stability Mgmt, you feel like a hero pushing the car. The nsx was similar but without the electronic Mgmt.

Comfort
It's definately way more comfortable!

It's less exotic but more supercar.

Nice car Dean..........we shout hit Mosport and see how well it does against my bike on the back straight :>) That would be fun, eh!

He'll scream like a little girl down the back straight and then burn off a set of brake pads hauling that rocket down to sub-light speeds.

It's ok because Stu will have some herbal tea for him in the bath house.

Back