Dealers!!!!

I need a new clutch and the timing belt/water pump done. Just for yuks I called the nearest dealer, Rally Acura here on Long Island. The service manager took two days to get me a price which, he let me know when he finally called, is his "Straight up price." For the clutch (and labor) he wanted $2885 and $1750 for the timing belt/water pump!!! He was actually surprised when I told him he was quite high. After I told him I could get it all done for $3k, he asked who would do this. "Oh, an independant, yeah, their labor is much lower than ours!" ...

Park Avenue Acura quoted me about $1600 to replace the water pump and timing belt, which includes parts and labor. They do have a few NSXs that come in for service.

I've considered using Larry who is fairly local to me, but I like being able to have a service receipt and a loaner car.

Is the clutch service really that much though? Sounds outrageous!

MoogieBoogie said:
Park Avenue Acura quoted me about $1600 to replace the water pump and timing belt, which includes parts and labor. They do have a few NSXs that come in for service.

I've considered using Larry who is fairly local to me, but I like being able to have a service receipt and a loaner car.

Is the clutch service really that much though? Sounds outrageous!

I would highly recommend Larry. Your car (and your wallet) will receive much better service then a dealership. I can't emphasize this enough.

matteni said:
I would highly recommend Larry. Your car (and your wallet) will receive much better service then a dealership. I can't emphasize this enough.

I 100% agree!!!

Tom Kehoe said:
I need a new clutch and the timing belt/water pump done. Just for yuks I called the nearest dealer, Rally Acura here on Long Island. The service manager took two days to get me a price which, he let me know when he finally called, is his "Straight up price." For the clutch (and labor) he wanted $2885 and $1750 for the timing belt/water pump!!! He was actually surprised when I told him he was quite high. After I told him I could get it all done for $3k, he asked who would do this. "Oh, an independant, yeah, their labor is much lower than ours!" ...

If you need a 6spd. clutch I have the parts here for a great price:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67221

Back