Danica still causing a stir at Indy ... but this time it's F1 and an NSX!

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Im still waiting for some pics of her in the NSX!

Picture from the local paper web site ... but the caption reads :( ...
Main attraction: Danica Patrick draws a big crowd after taking a spin in a Ferrari

Attachments

• danica.jpg
    danica.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 600
I think too many people make a stink over her being female, including herself.

The photo shoots she has done just ruin it, makes me feel like she's cashing in on the whole "female racer" thing. And everyone accepts it like she's more amazing than any other past female racer just because shes sightly.

She's not butt-ugly.. thats great! Drive the car and quit trying to sell yourself.

I thought Bernie Ecclestone's comments about her were funny:

Formula One is getting its most high-profile United States presence with the U.S. Grand Prix at Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend, but Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone doesn't seem to be too crazy about Patrick joining her male competitors on the track, despite her recent Indy 500 success.

"She did a good job, didn't she? Super. Didn't think she'd be able to make it like that," Ecclestone told a gathering of reporters about Patrick's Indy 500 finish.

"You know, I've got one of these wonderful ideas that women should be all dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances," Ecclestone added.

gobble said:
I thought Bernie Ecclestone's comments about her were funny:

Formula One is getting its most high-profile United States presence with the U.S. Grand Prix at Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend, but Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone doesn't seem to be too crazy about Patrick joining her male competitors on the track, despite her recent Indy 500 success.

"She did a good job, didn't she? Super. Didn't think she'd be able to make it like that," Ecclestone told a gathering of reporters about Patrick's Indy 500 finish.

"You know, I've got one of these wonderful ideas that women should be all dressed in white like all the other domestic appliances," Ecclestone added.

Good job Bernie! Alienating race fans seems to be his strong point these days. :rolleyes:

gobble said:

I thought he came from the era of green and baby-shit yellow appliances. :biggrin:

old_S13 said:
I think too many people make a stink over her being female, including herself.

The photo shoots she has done just ruin it, makes me feel like she's cashing in on the whole "female racer" thing. And everyone accepts it like she's more amazing than any other past female racer just because shes sightly.

She's not butt-ugly.. thats great! Drive the car and quit trying to sell yourself.

Male drivers do the same to some extent. How many posters and ads do you see with Jeff Gordon. They are selling their looks as well.

I'm sick of the Danica hype.

Who says she's F1 grade? (well maybe the jordan team)

Besides that charity Toyota race where she beat a bunch of has-been celebrities in stock Toyota Celicas, how many races has she actually won?

Meh without the nsx I give her a 6/10, but the nsx adds 4 so.....

whealy said:
Picture from the local paper web site ... but the caption reads :( ...
Main attraction: Danica Patrick draws a big crowd after taking a spin in a Ferrari

Ferrari???? LOL

My observations on this are simple:

1.) ALL race drivers and celebrities sell themselves to some point, so she is no different there. If I was her I would be cashing in as well...it would be stupid not to.

2.) Bernie is a moron. Period. Rich.....but still a total classless moron.

beeker16 said:
I'm sick of the Danica hype.

Who says she's F1 grade? (well maybe the jordan team)

Besides that charity Toyota race where she beat a bunch of has-been celebrities in stock Toyota Celicas, how many races has she actually won?

Which race was that? the one i saw had Rhys Millen win...

Back