• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing

I sent Mark @Dali racing a money order for two aluminium sill plates over 6 months ago. He took the money, never sent the sill plates and has not even returned my emails in over 5 months. When I ordered them he said it would take about a week. At this point I realize I have been totally ripped off. Has anyone else had similar experiences with him? I am going to hire a lawyer in his area to sue him on my behalf, if anyone else got ripped off and wants to join in let me know. Thanks

Robin

I have ordered ALOT of parts from Mark. As the parts are fabricated he does send them out. I also have had to wait for some parts for quite a while, but I always get them. I met up with him a couple of weeks ago and I too would like a set of the sill plates and he said they would be completed soon.

IMO if you are worried about receiving the product and do not want to pay for it until it arrives use COD. At the point when you pay by a paypal or money order you have not been notified by Mark that the part is in stock, therefore you are out your money until the part is manufactured.

Have patience I do not know of anybody he has ripped off. I am sure you will get your parts, it just sucks to wait. I am impatient also.:)

Have patience I do not know of anybody he has ripped off. I am sure you will get your parts, it just sucks to wait. I am impatient also

Turbo NSX, I am now publicly stating to you and everyone else

I have been ripped off, Dali Racing is a Fraud and Robin's experience is just another example of how MJ pulls it off. I would suggest the next time you see MJ, ask him Why he has not sent my Zenardi Floor mats. He has said on two different occasions that they were in stock and ready to ship.

I will anxiously await Mark's answer.

Dash,
Do you know anybody at NSXPO that you could email and have them ask MJ directly?
I hate to say but I have had only very good experiences with him and don't like hearing/seeing that somebody else hasn't. I truly hope you get this issue resolved to your complete and total satisfaction very soon.

Filing complaint with Better Business Bureau against Dali Racing

http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/

Just follow the links to file a complaint and enter Mark's contact info:

Mark Johnson
DALI RACING
Suite - #5
6391 Rancho Mission Road
San Diego, CA 92108

The following link was provided by a member who had issues with Dali Racing. I would strongly suggest that anyone who has had issues dealing with Mark Johnson of Dali Racing follow the above link and fill out a formal complaint. I believe this is a good first step in trying to protect others who have not dealt with MJ yet.

Turbo NSX said:
I do not know of anybody he has ripped off. I am sure you will get your parts, it just sucks to wait. I am impatient also.:)
That's not what I have seen and heard. Where have you been? In fact Mark Johnson is probably the most notorious NSX person I know as far as ripping people off. Do a search and you will see the sheer number of people that lost their money to him. Mark will more likely rip you off if you are a foreigner since it is much harder to get him prosecuted from a foreign country. See these poor guys from Hong Kong and Canada losing their hard earned money which could have been well used to buy toys/gifts for their loved ones.
Steve

I too have had to wait for parts (up to 4 months) and I understand where you are coming from, but here is my point.

Order your part COD and you will never get ripped off.

If you use paypal at the end of your order and you do not know for sure it is in stock, then you pay the consequences and have to wait for the part to be fabricated.

You guys compain like there is someone else who makes these parts and there is not. I have had alot of custom work done on my car and all I do is wait. I have owned my car for 18 months and it has been in the shop for 9 of those months (Turbo, engine rebuild, paint, etc). Such is life with customization of an exotic. I sometimes regret buying the car because of the lack of custom shops/parts for the NSX....but only for a second.

This is not intended to piss anyone off, it is just the way it is.

;)

It's clear that Mark targets out of country customers. We can't pay COD, we have to pay by money order up front. They won't accept COD for an american company outside of the US. Since I posted my first comments numerous non-US customers have contacted me, all have been ripped off too.

It really sucks because the market for parts is so limited.

I posted this on anther thread, but some of you might find it helpful. Here is the link for the Better Business Bureau in
the region for Dali Racing.

http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/

Just follow the links to file a complaint and enter Mark's contact info:

Mark Johnson
DALI RACING
Suite - #5
6391 Rancho Mission Road
San Diego, CA 92108

I am confident this will ensure he never ships my stuff, and he certainly will never do business with me again, but who really cares, doing business with this guy is like playing Russian Roulette.

If he doesn't settle my account, I'll make it my mission to take apart his business. Unfortunately for him, as a private Investigator I have the means to do so.

It's pretty crappy that in such a limited market a guy like this can get away with ripping off so many people for so long. My next step will be to file formal fraud charges with the San Diego Police Department. I'll post how I make out with the BBB, if MJ doesn't take it seriously, I'll post again before contacting the Police to see if anyone else wants a charge or two laid on their behalf.

sorry to hear about this

I just ordered a the front license plate holder and the window fix it thingies by COD. I hope everything works out for everyone including myself even though people are having problems with there orders. This happend to me with a product i had sold and no money was recieved. I flew over and got in the guys face and my money in hand, no one should be scammed but unfortuantely people do. Im not gonna prejudge anyone but I dont play games especially if I was promised or a good customer.

laters
gil

Another group of people MJ has stiffed are in the cupholder thread.

Edit 10/27/03:

After 10 months of silence, I recieved a paypal refund tonight for the cost of my cupholder. While I question the purity of his motivation given the recent BBB complaints (none by me), but appreciate the gesture by MJ and the support of the NSXPrime community for helping 'encourage' a resolution to the cupholder scandal. Hopefully others have been equally lucky. The full text of MJ's note accompanying my refund is below:

"the cupholder backorder file is now officially empty, and I was able to delete your e-mail address from the database successfully.

MJ"

Now, does anyone ELSE have a cupholder they want to sell?
:D

Last edited:
White94 said:
Another group of people MJ has stiffed are in the cupholder thread.

That thread is closed, but there is this one that's not.

My take on this is that Mark should respond to the individuals' emails and to these threads. Failure to do so is costing him business and credibility. And finally, taking someone's money is not a hobby, in his case it is a business and eveyone he does business with should be treated fairly. He wouldn't accept treatment of this sort from Macy's or the local dry cleaner, and neither should any of us.

BBB

I received a letter from the Better Business Bureau indicating that they have sent mj a letter outlining my problems with his service. Their letter requests that he resolve the problem with me. If he does not, they will follow up with more correspondence and wait for a reply. If he still avoids rectifying the problem they will register his business as a poor service to do business with. The ball is in his court.....

Crew,

All I can say is "wow." If there is a problem with Dali fulfilling orders its news to me. I've been working with Mark on all aspects of my car since day one, and that's many years ago. I asked for brake rotors, he drove them to Dallas for me. I asked for a very expensive upgrade for my car (that shall go unnamed) and he asked me to wait until issues were sorted out, and wouldn't take my money. That's not what I would call poor customer service.

Anyway, I'm not him, and thus I can't say one way or the other how things got to this level of unrest. I can tell you that under all situations I've dealt with MJ on have been clean and prompt.

If anything, email response could be quicker, but some of my customers tell me the same thing! Yes, I have to work on that...

I look at shops like Dali and SOS as huge resources for our small community. They are run by people and will therefore be flawed, but not having those sort of businesses out there where they actually use the parts on cars they own and race, do development work, etc. is unacceptable. Without them around we all lose. I want what they have to offer and couldn't do it myself without spending more time and dollars than I care to commit.

I agree that patience is sometimes a virtue when dealing with parts suppliers, and even more so with car builders! I've got plenty of stories to tell.

Take care guys, and make sure you are unhappy with the governor BEFORE you order the recall.

-Ed
www.nsxbuilder.com

Who Mark scams

After contacting many people who Mark has ripped off, it has become very clear the the vast majority of them are from outside of the US. I guess he figures it is easier to rip us off. His ONLY supporters are people within a reasonable driving distance from him.

I have received a response from the BBB. They sent Mark a letter, he never responed, they have just sent him a second letter and will advise me if he responds. If he doesn't respond they will give him an unsatisfactory rating.

I have Purchased 5-6 times from Mark at Dali, never a problem.

Purchased:
-sway bars
-window thingy
-window motor assy.
-billet fuse cover
-billet belt cover
-billet manifold cover

I used paypal each time, and had the items 3 days later. Mark always replies with fast emails and service.

Just my experience, thought I would share it.

Tommy

I received a second letter from the better business bureau, they contacted Mark a second time in an effort to get my parts or money and he has again refused to even acknowledge them. No legitimate business person would ever allow something like that to occur. He will now have a poor rating with the BBB and I am going to find a lawyer in his area to represent me. Once I have found one I will post his info for anyone else to join in. Also I am going to report him to the San Diego police and have him charged with fraud.

Back