Daily Driver: Civic Si or RSX-S?

For those that have them, what do you think? Obviously the RSX is going to cost me about $75 more a month pmt/ins

This won't be to drive to work, just to get here and there in. I drove the Si hatch the other day it was nice but it needs a hondata reflash just doesn't seem to be as much power as I was hoping for, but the cargo space is nicer...

On the other hand the S has the power and looks great, but it's just another sports coupe. But 6-speed too..yummy

I think I want the RSX-S but should I bother?

TIA!

p.s. this is just a short term lease take-over...about 24 months, just to get me through 2 winters before I purchase a luxury sedan or SUV

Last edited:
My 2 cents...

satan_srv said:
nobody? BAH! I found a great deal on an Arctic Blue RSX-S so I'm gonna grab it!
Every dollar you spend on an RSX is a dollar you’re taking away from your NSX... ;) especially if they are Canadian dollars. :confused: :D

Seriously, RSX-S is a nice ride, but even if it’s a good deal: If you won’t get much use out of it and don’t really need it, I would just keep what you have and save the money.

EXACTLY.

Think of the Brembos, S/C's, and brown paper packages tied up with string you can get for that kinda kyesh and still get a decent daily.

The NSX is in pieces...it won't be functional until next year at the earliest..I'm just accumulating parts in the meantime I need something to drive daily...my prelude got stolen and all I have is another one but it needs to have a motor/tranny dropped in it. but I'l be selling it

I know what you mean though...I'm moving to a new job and if I could learn to live without a vehicle I would be saving an assload every month like$600 canadian which would get the nsx done even faster...hmm

ha I should just eat it and drive a cavalier LOL

I don't think so...:p

damn...you guys are convincing me to ride publuc transit and focus on the X....I guess that's good :)

Last edited:
If you were going to purchase the car then I'll vote for RSX-S basically for the used car market value and popularity. Trust me, I just helped my friend sold his Si, for 3 months, nobody was even asking for it despite it seems popular in those import magazines.

There's some people hate the shifter, but most of them were the one never even drove the car... it's handy being so up high.

Now since you are leasing it, I guess you really have to test drive for a longer period of time and see if that extra $75 per month's going to worth it... I guessed it really comes down to what other car are you driving now, ever since I had the nsx, I lost interest on driving any other cars (well except Ferrari, aston martin, porsche... but like I know anybody would have hand me their keys to me :rolleyes: ) The practicality, gas mileage and other ownership issues supposingly pretty simular, but you get "generally" better cust. service from Acura dealership. However it seems like you can get a better deal from Honda than
Acura. Wait you are going to lease the car...

Anyway, there's a real alarming choice of choosing these two cars if your objective of blowing your money on the nsx... I would say after you lived with the RSX/Civic for awhile, it's way too hard to keep it stock, and you add stuff here and there, your "nsx funds" going to get affected. If you have to lease, what about a hybrid civic or something...

NSXDreamer2 said:
Anyway, there's a real alarming choice of choosing these two cars if your objective of blowing your money on the nsx... I would say after you lived with the RSX/Civic for awhile, it's way too hard to keep it stock, and you add stuff here and there, your "nsx funds" going to get affected. If you have to lease, what about a hybrid civic or something...

I looked into an article that did a whole breakdown on cost of ownership on a hybrid compared to the regular civic sedan and it really didn't make a good case for itself.

Anyway, personally I'm of the philospohy either drive something nice or don't drive anything at all, and you're right if I had an RSX-S I would give it hondata in no time!

Maybe I will just assemble the other prelude and drive it until it sells then tough it out for the winter.I still need something...maybe find an older CR-V or something...

I drove both of those cars a few months ago. I wasn't interested in buying one, but my friend was and he doesn't drive stick (he wants to get a new car and then learn), so I test drove them for him. While the RSX definately had better acceleration, I liked the way the Civic handled better, and I think the shifter and the brakes on the Civic were better (or at least they felt better). Also, I liked the driving position and short front hood better on the civic, where as the RSX had that long front hood that you couldn't see over....

Just my 2 cents...

NetViper said:
Why dont you just use your prelude as a daily driver?:confused:

that one got stolen, and I have another 96 PRelude VTEC I am going to sell as well. Now that I got the NSX I don't want to spend money on a prelude anymore. Anyway I really don't need a daily driver as I don't drive to work.

I realized what I really need some light duty, towing and cargo for getting parts and moving stuff around mostly, so I think I'm going to grab a small pickup like a ford ranger, cheap and works well. An RSX-S would be just nother sports coupe..and I already have better examples of that than an RSX-S :)

Back