Cusco Cage/Safety 21 feedback

Hey guys,

I'm looking to order a Cusco cage for my car, and Cusco Japan called Cusco USA after the order was placed to say that there are fitment issues with the cage. They couldn't tell me what kind of fitment issues. I have quite a few fabricators at my disposal, so I don't mind minor to moderate modifications. However I'd like to hear if anyone has seen one of the cages for themselves. Michael Mao's NSX is the only one that I've seen with the cage.

Thanks!

If you are planning on having the cage modified anyway, why don't you have a custom built one from one of your guys? Just curious.

It can kill you on the street and it will never pass tech at any racing organization. I don't see the point of this thing.

Ready to be killed.

28511515102_2844f6b8c0_o.jpg

28001794943_0a38d8e112_o.jpg
[/
28001790703_f66449153e_o.jpg

Fitment wasn't great, it does contact part of the interior. I had to modify it to put on a harness bar, and that requires removing part of the interior and the center speaker. I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you have no problem drilling holes into your car, and you don't drive it on the street often.

Last edited:
Ready to be killed.

28511515102_2844f6b8c0_o.jpg

28001794943_0a38d8e112_o.jpg
[/
28001790703_f66449153e_o.jpg

Fitment wasn't great, it does contact part of the interior. I had to modify it to put on a harness bar, and that requires removing part of the interior and the center speaker. I honestly wouldn't recommend it unless you have no problem drilling holes into your car, and you don't drive it on the street often.

Nice mirrors. Did you just cover the hole with a sticker? Or did you have some other solution?

Nice mirrors. Did you just cover the hole with a sticker? Or did you have some other solution?

Thanks, They're covered with a sticker for now. I was going to make some CF cover plates, but it's about to go in for some major body work, so I'll weld up the original mounting holes.

STICKERS SOLVE EVERYTHING =]

loving this build. hopefully one day our car can meet. big wing, splitter, red seats, cage we are having very similar mods lol

Thanks man! I live in the SGV, so I'm sure we'll run into each other eventually.

Back