CTSC NSX vs Supra Turbo-I got smoked!

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Lets see 8lbs of boost Vs 29 lbs of boost :rolleyes:

yeah, see, the supra can DO 29 lbs.... and it doesn't need much to do it. let's get real. hp potential wise, supra dominates the nsx. it's not even on the same level, it's way above. face reality and leave it at that.

nsx is not known for hp. but i must admit, it's pretty responsive to mods..... but not like the supra. there is a reason why the supra and the skyline have such good reps.

i needa do something to my nsx to give it a sack. i wouldn't mind having 400whp..... i think that's a good number.

Thanks for bumping this old ass thread to remind of the brutal beating I was delivered:wink:

I owned a Supra that had every mod under the sun and last (before many more mods were added) time at the track ran 11.88 at 125 something. But I would not consider it a very refined car, it was what it was. A very nice car for what it cost.

I went from there to a Lexus SC400, which was to me a big step forward in refinement although it was slower. Still for daily driving I much preffered the SC and to me, it was a definite step forward.

From there I made another big leap, and bought a Mercedes CL600 V12 coupe, and it made my SC feel like crap in terms of luxury, refinement, and power.

I sold *THAT $140,000 coupe* and bought a 2005 NSX. Now seeing this big comparison to the Supra, which I owned looooong ago, is making me wonder why its being done (other than the original post which was about a street race). I just don't see the NSX and Supra as any sort of competitor.

The NSX is a terrific car that has many virtues. I would not even consider a Supra right now. If someone told me sell your CL6 and buy a Supra, I would look at them like they have lost their jimmies.

Its cool and all that the Supra can fly through the 1/4 mile... but I don't consider it in the same league as my NSX. The Supra was a great car, for what it was. It was 40K new.

If someone thinks that spending 80K on a new NSX is stupid, then they are seeing things from a completely different world than mine. Its a car that looks better than anything else in its range, is ultra reliable, has the feel of an exotic, is very quick, and has very low depreciation. I chose it over a 996TT, a 997S, a Maserati GS, an SL55, a new Jag XK, and a BMW 650. Nevermind my own CL600. These are not cheesy cars.

Last edited:
needspeed said:
Please stop bashing folks for buying new as if we were suckers.

Steve, my guess is that if you were a "sucker", you would not be able to buy a new NSX in the first place.

I did my homework before I pluncked down the cash for a new NSX as I am sure you did as well.

Back