CTSC installed and dynoed at Autowave (92 NSX)

Picked up the NSX at Autowave today. Like always, everything went smoothly, installation was perfect, car runs great, another 10/10 service + extras. Mark also took care of my ugly DIY boost gauge wires, end result looks clean and professional.

Dynoed 336rwhp on the first and only clean run as the dynometer broke during the 2nd run. The car is 92 5spd with CTSC low boost, Taitec GTLW exhaust, Cantell AIS, Uni Filter, basic weight reduction. Today also happened to be one of the hottest day we had so far this year in Southern Cal, the weather was definitely not favorable on my side. The car still did better than I had hoped. Assuming 15~16% drivetrain loss, the car makes approximately 400HP at the flywheel. I am looking forward to adding header (unlock additional hp) and AEM EMS for added safety and trunning during next stage of mods.

I will post the dyno graph on Monday and more detailed driving impression once I have chance to drive it more and take it above VTEC. I did drove around for 2 hours on the street today, however I have not took it above 5500rpm yet, mostly short shifting as the car have significantly more mid-range torque. The car also makes more hp at 5500rpm than before CTSC at peak. I found myself hitting the brake a bit too late on several occassions. My timing was all off:eek:

Congratulations Jason. Let me know how well you like it. I love the Comptech headers with GTLW. You may be interested in the header for your car.

See you in Crystal Cove some weekend. I would love to see your CTSC install.

Sincerely

Just got my '91 (header, exh, at bypass, light flywheel, etc.) back today with the new low bost CTSC.

Unfortunately, I did not have the self control to keep it at 5500 rpms and hit the rev limiter several times. The power is awesome! My adrenal gland hurts.

Don't forget w/ the AEM EMS to do the larger injectors, walbro fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator. Everything you have + headers yielded me 359 rwhp at Autowave on pump gas (cooler day than yours)

Jeff

Awesome jason.... headers should make a big difference for you

NetViper said:
Is that the autorotor unit?

yeah, he just got it. The engine is NA1 running a stock header keep in mind.

TURBO2GO said:
yeah, he just got it. The engine is NA1 running a stock header keep in mind.

Add another 15HP for headers and you are looking good.

NetViper said:
Add another 15HP for headers and you are looking good.

At least... I think 15-20 easy... you gettin a ztek Jason?

Racerxjling said:
Don't forget w/ the AEM EMS to do the larger injectors, walbro fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator. Everything you have + headers yielded me 359 rwhp at Autowave on pump gas (cooler day than yours)
Jeff,
Are you the owner for the blue NSX that was at Autowave yesterday? That NSX is got everything.

TURBO2GO said:
Awesome jason.... headers should make a big difference for you
Thanks Dave,
I think you will enjoy your CTSC as well. I am just glad it is complete for now, having patience was the only difficult part of the entire process. I have not decided on which header I am getting yet, I am going to pick one up in Japan, and carry it back like I did before with my exhaust.

All you CTSC guys - I have '99 and contemplating same move. Would anyone be willing to give me a ride before I take the plung. Live in Mission Viejo. Thanks.

Oligo said:
All you CTSC guys - I have '99 and contemplating same move. Would anyone be willing to give me a ride before I take the plung. Live in Mission Viejo. Thanks.
I can give you a ride at Crystal Cove or at SCA monthly meets.

Since you have NA2, you will get a better feel/comparision in Matt's NSX and it is faster as well.

I finally took the car onto freeway last night and ran up to 8000rpm, a few quick 40mph~!00mph runs, while the linear powerband on the graph might suggest otherwise. I can now actually feel the hit or sharp push at VTEC at around 5800rpm.

The postive points of CTSC have already been mentioned countless times by other members, so I am not going repeating same details.

CTSC is not without negatives, my exhaust note is gone, maybe it is a just an illusion or surpassed by the supercharger whine. But it sounds really quiet at higher rpms. Doesn't sound quite as explosive as before. The GTLW had really good high pitched tone from VTEC to redline. I guess it is a trade off for the Supercharger whine, not necessarily a bad thing, but I wish I had both.

If you think you are done, you are never done. It will make you want to spend more and get the supporting mods to get the most out of it.

It is depressing when I realized this is what NA1 oem exhaust manifold looks like:
11309headers-oem.jpg

A/F ratio, she definitely could use AEM EMS:
11309af2.jpg

HP/Torque:
11309dyno-1.jpg

Looks like you could get a lot more mid-range punch with the AEM.

Nonetheless, it looks like a ton of fun!

I agree about the SC whine taking over the exhaust though. Shame. :(

WHAT?!!! you mean I just wasted $2800 on a GT-One F1 V5 exhaust system??!!! What do you mean no more exhaust note? DAMN that SC!!! One CTSC, up for sale! :tongue:

I didnt notice an exhaust note change.

I get all the heavenly noises coming from the AIS over my left shoulder and all the glory out of the Taitec out back.

Plus, the whine. Gosh I love the whine.

Kinda off topic but does anyone else's AIS whistle?

Btw, congrats on the SC.

DVDoughboy said:
Kinda off topic but does anyone else's AIS whistle?

Btw, congrats on the SC.

Mine hisses... I wouldn't say it whistles...

Jason I would do that header as soon as possible, sounds like the Ztek is going to be real nice when it comes out... we'll see... are you running cats? I would really like to see a before and after with a CTSC with cats and sans cats. Lot of discussion on this before....

Back