Ctsc Braided Fuel Hose Blows Up

Well I think you hear wrong on this. You have to remember that these lines were originally created for the aircraft industry primarily for the military after WW1. This is why the Army/Navy, (AN) standards were created in which they standardized all the fittings, material specs., routing, protection from heat, bend radius restrictions and so on. Over the years and with newer materials those standards have been upgraded to take advantage of new materials and technology but rest assured the environment they were designed for are as hot and use many different types of fuel and oil than our cars do. Some of these hoses are used on jet engine connections to the aircraft which must pump volatile fuels and oils from the aircraft to the engine and back. They are designed to withstand high heat and vibration over long years of life but unlike most car applications, they do have to be inspected and tested every so many hours of use. During their normal maintenance schedule they are removed and tested at a facility and all hoses which fail are replaced with new ones. Those that pass are reused. If constructed and used correctly, these hoses should be superior to any standard OEM hose used for the same purpose they were designed to replace.

AL

Right, it would only be a concern if you were purchasing new fittings, for instance, if your old fittings were scratched & nasty-looking.
Actually, it turns out the old (Earl) fittings assume you'll be attaching and crimping a bare hose to them. So, the newer CTSC hoses don't work with them. The options seem to be:
1. Use your existing fittings to make new hoses or have new hoses made.
2. Buy new fittings that will work with the newer CTSC hoses.
3. Make new hoses with new fittings compatible with the fuel rails.

I made a new set of braided stainless lines when I installed my CTSC. I have a list of all the necessary fittings, if anyone is interested LMK & I'll post it up.
Add this info to this thread, I think it will be useful for others in the future who take option #3 above.

When I have part numbers, etc for the fittings I'll need to take advantage of my new hoses (for option #1) I'll post that info also.

AN Fittings for CTSC
All -6 size

<table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Qty & Description</td> <td>Earl's p/n</td> <td>XRP p/n</td> <td>Purpose</td> </tr> <tr> <td>(2) 45° 1/4 NPT fitting</td> <td> 824506ERL</td> <td>
</td> <td>Fuel Rail-to-Fuel Rail (under TB)</td> </tr> <tr> <td>(1) 90° 1/4 NPT fitting</td> <td> 829006ERL </td> <td>
</td> <td>Rear Fuel Rail-to-FPR</td> </tr> <tr> <td>(3) Straight Hose End</td> <td> 800106ERL</td> <td> 100006 </td> <td>Fuel Filter-to-Rail/Rear Fuel Rail-to-FPR</td> </tr> <tr> <td>(1) 90° Forged Hose End</td> <td>809006ERL</td> <td>209106</td> <td>FPR return line</td> </tr> <tr> <td>(1) Hose Clamp End</td> <td>900106</td> <td>
</td> <td>FPR return line</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

The best stuff on the market:

www.BMRS.net

-Aircraft grade, used in the top levels of motorsports, no other 'hotrod'/'tuner' line compares. Call them with the length, application, ends (banjo, AN size and angle, etc...) you need.

The previous post has some errors, here is corrected version...

Below are the parts necessary to upgrade to the new/current CTSC fuel hoses.

Complete NSX SC Fuel Hose Kit (from CT-Engineering, $130 + shipping):
  • (1) 816-001 24" -6 Fuel Inlet Hose
  • (1) 816-002 11.5" -6 Fuel Crossover Hose (ask for this to be made 1" longer than normal - 14" overall length, not 13" overall length)
  • (1) 816-003 8" -6 Fuel Rail to FPR Hose
  • (1) 816-004 FPR to Fuel Return Hose
OEM Bits:
AN Fittings, Etc:
  • (1) 3265-61 6AN to 12mm Single Banjo Adapter, Aluminum (each end of "inlet hose" gets one, you already have one)
  • (2) 3251-04-06 1/4 NPT Male to 6AN Aluminum 45' Elbow (for each end of "crossover hose")
  • (1) 3253-04-06 1/4 NPT Male to 6AN Aluminum 90' Elbow (for rail end of "rail to FPR hose")
  • (1) 3830-106 Aluminum AN Hose End Wrench, 6AN (optional, but will help tighten hoses to the fittings without marring them)
  • (~) Make-believe tool for easy and mar-free tightening of fittings to the fuel rails. (optional)
Why make one hose 1" longer than standard?
The newer CTSC kits route the "crossover" fuel line under the inlet for the supercharger. Our older kits have that line routed above. The 13" hose I received from CT was just a little too short for our routing and the newer routing doesn't seem to work for our older kits (stuff is in the way and with the bends it ends up coming up just short via this route also). I had them send me a 14.5" hose, but it is almost too long (bowing out enough to touch the vacuum lines). So, I think 14" would be just right (probably anything between 13-3/4" and 14.5" will work).

Last edited:
Here is an idea for you, once your new lines arrive and you have the old ones off, take them to a local shop, have them replace the hose parts and reuse the existing fittings, then sell the rebuilt lines in the forums and maybe you can get some of the cost of the new lines back.

Not quite the same thing, but how about I give away the fittings?

Free set for someone wanting to replace their lines with zero downtime (or with an incomplete CTSC kit, etc).

PM or email me your address if you want. Update: THESE ARE GONE

HoseEnds.jpg

Last edited:
I have had the same issue with braided steel fuel hoses on my CTSC. On the outside such a hose could look fine, but on the inside the steel can corrode and pinch the rubber. In the Netherlands it is prohibited to use these hoses in competition.

I've also had similar issue with a constant fuel smell from these hoses and finally changed over to teflon braided -6 hoses which eliminated that problem completely. Here in California and probably most of the U.S.A. my supplier for AN hoses and fittings says the providers of the hose blame the use of the ethanol fuels for somehow bleeding through the pores of the butyl type rubber inside the hose. It seems that the teflon braided hoses solved this problem. I'm sure there are other hose types that might also work.
Al

Back