CTSC Autorotor running lean over 5K - suggestions please

Several logical questions to ask first.

• What size injectors?
  • What type of fuel pump are you using?
  • What are you using to tune the fuel maps?
The first thing you need to do is hook up a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail. If the fuel pressure drops under boost this typically means one thing...the fuel pump is not keeping up with the injectors

I would guess that if the injectors are sized properly and the fuel pressure drops that your pump is not keeping up with the injectors.

I also hope that you are using some type of rising rate regulator. Remember, because there is a pressure differential across the rail and intake manifold you need to raise your fuel pressure 1psi for every 1psi of boost. If you have 42psi baseline fuel pressure (0psi or pressure when car is not running) then you should have 55psi of fuel pressure at 13psi of boost.

Verify the pump pressure is good and let us know the results.

Last edited:
Didn't Autorotors have a problem in the beginning with running lean in cool weather? I remember people saying you needed to get the car good and warm before getting on it in cooler weather. Was that ever fixed?

It was fixed almost immediately on the release of the Autorotor.

FIC IT!
And do it now, then drive the car all the time everywhere.
Trev

Finally got my car back from Autowave, tuned and ready to go. See new dynos attached. The red line was the baseline with low boost and standard setup. Blue line is with AEM and higher boost pulley plus supporting mods. So now it runs like a raped ape, confirmed by the speeding ticket it received not 10 minutes after leaving the shop. I say "it" received, as it did quite a bit of ticket receiving in the course of the day, some without me being anywhere near it or driving it, lol. Anyway, that's a story for another time.

I was perfectly fine with low boost levels, but the AF was scaring me and I decided on the AEM and dual uego with serial gauge for piece of mind. The added power and response is just an added bonus.

Attachments

• dynoaem1.jpg
    dynoaem1.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 77
  • dynoaem2.jpg
    dynoaem2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 78
Back