CTSC: 5speed vs. 6speed

remember from the wiki that 95's changed second gear to eliminate the flat spot:
Changes by Year

From NSX-Wiki

Changes for 1995
  • Added targa top version: the NSX-T
  • Only -Ts were avilable in 1995 in the US; coupes were unavailable.
  • Roofs now all body colored
  • New color: Midnight Pearl
  • Not Available in '95: Grand Prix White
  • Black interior changed from interior code E to code J. It's a little lighter.. a dark charcoal color.
  • Different Exhaust Tips
  • Sportshift "Tiptronic-style" shifting for Automatics
  • Power Steering becomes standard for Manuals as well as Automatics
  • Changed gearing of 2nd gear in Manual Transmission
  • Modified airflow to brakes to improve cooling
  • Traction Control Light no longer shines green when activated, still shines yellow when inactive
  • Throttle-By-Wire
  • Limited Slip Differential Changes on manual transmission cars. Went from Torque Control Ddifferential to a Torque Reactive Differential - when combined with Throttle-By-Wire, increases speeds out of a corner by 10%. Automatic cars keep old differential.
  • Bumper reinforcements were changed to extruded aluminum instead of the stamped steel
  • Approx. 100 lbs heaver than 1991/1992 models due to reinforcements for targa top, including: The base of the B pillar where it joins the rocker panel, larger rear bulkhead crossbar, thicker trunk leading edge panel, a redesigned and thicker-walled rear roof section, a redesigned front roof rail section, additional rib in the center rear bulkhead section, a completely redesigned and thicker upper A-pillar. There's also a redesigned and thicker upper dashboard cross member and a redesigned front lower floor section. The extruded aluminum side sills were extensively reinforced - wall thickness of the vertical center web of the 5-sided extrusion went from 2mm to 6mm.

When cruising on the freeway sometimes I wish I had a 6 speed.

I totally agree, for long highway driving, that 6th gear would be nice...lots of time when your cruzing in 5th gear, I'm always thinking I need that next gear. :frown:

Back