Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Audi R8 V8/V10

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • GT-R

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Viper/Corvette

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
I know this list is full of NSX fanbois but what other vehicles for those looking into the 2nd Gen are you considering? I know there are a lot of assumptions since we don't know what 2.0 will exactly be yet.

I have a new NSX on order. The only car I believe is a comparable to the new NSX is a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S. The Porsche has 400 hp, weighs about 3200 lbs, has 4 wheel drive, and a seven speed dual clutch manual. The new NSX specs would appear to be similar.
I would expect the new NSX would come out in the $120 K-130K range similar to the Porsche.
I think comparing the new NSX to any of the Ferrari's, Lamborghini's doesn't work as their price and performance numbers would look to be well in excess of the new NSX's potential.
The GTR has a lbs per hp of about 7 compared to the Porsche/new NSX of about 8 but at 3800 lbs it's not my cup of tea. Too heavy and too complex for me.
The R 8 has comparable lbs per hp of 8.3 but is also heavy at about 3500 lbs and has a higher price point.
The C7 Corvette will surely be a fast car but it's pushrod technology, leaf springs etc and not my preference either
Jim

Last edited:
Apparently Lotus has decided to proceed with their new Esprit, afterall - another car in the mix:

The-New-2013-Lotus-Esprit-7.jpg

Apparently Lotus has decided to proceed with their new Esprit, afterall - another car in the mix:

The-New-2013-Lotus-Esprit-7.jpg

MUCH better looking than the prior models :wink:

Good to hear. Lotus is a unique company in the age of growing weight/HP, and I hope they stay and produce their philosophy.

Good to hear. Lotus is a unique company in the age of growing weight/HP, and I hope they stay and produce their philosophy.

I too hope Lotus can deliver the new Esprit.
Lotus has such a great history but I worry they don't have the resources to produce a reliable car.
At this time I would rather have a Honda.

Jim

Back