Craigslist posting, 1991 Red CTSC NSX VIN: JH4NA1158MT003072 please be aware

I own the car and have no steering issues. A remanufactured steering rack is less than 500 bucks dude. LOL

I have had interest in the car. I had been searching for red and CTSC is always a plus. The small issues do not bother me, although the bigger ones would. My main concern is mechanical issues etc.

So you're posting some dude's VIN, and smearing the sale of his car, over something which you're not sure about, while guessing as to what component requires replacement?

wow.

:confused:

The OP made himself clear as a bell - a $3800 estimate from a PPI is the kind of information anyone would like to know before he looks at a car - this is not a smear campaign - on the contrary - it the kind of thing that make our site a friendly, family type site full of people looking after one another. I will say that a $480 part sounds more like the lower or upper control arm. Front end parts are damn expensive and a heads up on any car out there for sale is good to have. I mean why jump on someone for posting what he knows - if you were going to look at this car, which you are not, you'd be glad to have any kind of a heads up.
I will say that the estimate of $3800 seems a bit high though. A new steering rack installed is about $1000 - I know I had one done or maybe more. A remanufactured part might be good if you know the outfit doing the work and have confidence in them. Whoever the owner is - chimed in and says I have no steering issues but a rebuilt steering rack is 500 - maybe to buy not to install.
I think we all need to be happy when our attention is called to an issue like this - you want to know more - check it out and have your own ppi done but don't beat up on someone just because he's giving you his own account.

MY 2 cents....

- - - Updated - - -

Scorp965 - I'm with you on this one

Rjwong:
dude?!, whats the matter with you? ---- are you buying a 2012 car?
Ofcourse these cars are gonna have issues! They all do!
the "fan - control - thingy - problem" : you mean maybe a CCU fix? BIG DEAL - BrianK, 80 bucks later -- fixed.
the "steering - wheel - feeling - funny -thingy - issue": BIG DEAL - get it fixed and/or rebuilt : ~$500 at most.
the "car - has - been all over the word thingy issue" - come on man, over 20yrs!, it WILL get its way around.
Get a proper PPI done and you'll know what your getting into, that's it.

RJ - that's just wrong man. Do you have some info on this car? -if not why don't you save it. You aren't helping anyone and neither is Scorp . I'm going to say this - "maybe it's fixed now - what does that mean? - This car has had a chequred past or it wouldn't have been passed around like this and anyone that knows anything about used cars knows this. Man I don' t know how many times I've seen guys butts saved by someone that knows something about another car and lets the potential buyers in on it here. I'm always thankful about anything like this! I don't get this - you guys sound like you must be working with the seller?

It's hard selling an old car that needs work, it's hard selling them when you think it's in great shape - I get that. But, these cars are expensive to maintain - I know I've been there. I had a great car with 40k miles on it I bought for 28.5k and immediately put over 5k in the car fixing stuff and amongst that was a steering rack. It was 91 model too - in nice shape and after 2 years of ownership I guess I had put over 6k in the car. Anyone buying one of these cars needs to know as much as they can about them so they can make a decent decision - some people don't even get a ppi - so info like this might help them make the decision to do that - which in this case would be smart I'd say. I didn't get one and so I paid - a lot - but hey these cars are 20 years old - but there are 20 year old cars and then there are other 20 year old cars. You buy one that has a lot of miles and without a lot of records - you can bet it's going to need some work - it's in anyone's best interest to get a ppi on old cars with high miles or any 20 year old car. That's the smartest advice anyone can get - that and someone elses experience with a PPI on a car that's for sale. No harm in sharing info.

Last edited:
I almost bought that car for low 20's... but 100k+ miles including lots of drag racing on a high boost charger scared me off.

wow what is over the radio a peice of cloth LOL and the seats holy geez rip I would just take the seats out and ride on a milk crate.

$T2eC16d,!y0FIZCNe0hGBSL0!tMlEg~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqV,!qsFIdM5J4(gBSL0!myijw~~60_3.jpg

Well, I was going to go to bed without wanting to Vomit. Shawn, you just ruined that for me.

his listing said " he did everything right "..... um you dont put black cloth over the cut-opening where the radio and ashtray were and call it a day.

you need a new centerconsole lol

maybe its a curtain and he does little marienette puppet shows.

Back