could you buy the HSC......

http://www.diseno-art.com/images/hsc.jpgCould you buy the protptype HSC? Could you afford to ask honda to sell you the car that apparently wont be produced? Maybe Bill Gates already bought it. Fine. Are you rich enough to ask them to build another? Just curious if you could.......... WOULD YOU?

I think this is the closest to a replacement for the NSX. Especially with its 3.5L IVTEC motor making just over 300 HP. IMHO, another underpowered lightweight MR vehicle...sounds just like our NSXs. If I had the money, yes... but I would be making a phone call to Comptech (or whatever company it's called now) for a supercharger shortly afterwards.

if i could, i would - even though i dislike the rear of the HSC. It would be the ultimate in custom jobs.

(though technically a lot was not functional and even the trunk didn't open)

iamwithstupid.gif
The rear can do with a makeover, but I would still rock it.

I made some enquiries, the answer was no you couldn't buy it.

But yes I would if they woud sell it me.

the problem is tho, only 350hp??

good luck following the LF-A or GT-R.

CTSC is the solution for that. With a Type-R suspension, SH-AWD and a CTSC the HSC would be able to hang well with the modern crowd. Comparisons between the LF-A and GT-R aren't fair as nothing's faster than them anyway, not even the F430, Gallardo or the ZO6.

People forget how old the HSC is. If it had debuted in 2003 with those specs as it should have it would have been very, very competitive and innovative. None of the cars above had debuted yet and it would have been faster than any version of the Porsche 996.

All it would have needed was the 3.2L NSX-R motor, factory option high-boost CTSC with better tuning or AM factory engine management, a better exhaust & header design, good gearing (reliable, efficient clutchless manual would have been great), intercooler, more efficient engine internals and 375+ whp would have been easily achieved. A 3.5L or V-8 would have been nice but not entirely necessary. As sad as it is the NSX-R 3.2L would have been fine. They could have had a custom-order OEM suspension and non-FI motor option as well.

I agree it needed some minor body tweaks but by and large I would have hit it. Would I spend ~100K for it? Yes.

Back