Cooling issue on LoveFab NSX

That is definitely true but Juice did not have issues with the same setup on the track despite a very warm day and long sessions (30 minutes)

Looking at the top of your radiator, I also have the Downforce shroud which completely seals the top of the radiator to the front bumper. Only issue is that you have to remove the shroud to fill the washer tank.

what does juice have to do with the OP? Juice isn't the one complaining. My point wasn't that he has a similar setup. my point was track driving is not the same as street driving, regardless of what the mssg poster says.

Hopefully no issues with head gasket. that's a $5k suckage.

Not to get in a p---ing contest but I was actually trying to suggest to the original poster that the issue may not be the actual cooling setup since others have not had issues even though they were using a stroker motor which presumably would stress the cooling system further and to look for other cheaper and simpler alternatives like making sure the cooling system is "burped" appropriately, getting rid of obstructions, looking at air diversion setups, etc. Before my personal overheating issues at XPO last year, I had no problems with overheating on the track using the stock radiator and a boosted built motor with 600+ RWHP using the same turbo system.

Not to get in a p---ing contest but I was actually trying to suggest to the original poster that the issue may not be the actual cooling setup since others have not had issues even though they were using a stroker motor which presumably would stress the cooling system further and to look for other cheaper and simpler alternatives like making sure the cooling system is "burped" appropriately, getting rid of obstructions, looking at air diversion setups, etc. Before my personal overheating issues at XPO last year, I had no problems with overheating on the track using the stock radiator and a boosted built motor with 600+ RWHP using the same turbo system.

what was the issue you had at xpo? I've had overheat track issues ever since I went FI. Since I went turbo, the issues have gotten worse.

what was the issue you had at xpo? I've had overheat track issues ever since I went FI. Since I went turbo, the issues have gotten worse.

Don't know what happened first but ended up with slightly warped heads and a split coolant tank. I do know that I smelled coolant before I saw the temperature guage spike. Initially thought that I had blown a hose although my hoses had been replaced. Pulled over and turned off the motor within seconds.

Couldn't find a replacement tank so I ended up using JB weld to seal the tank, refilled with antifreeze and burped the coolant system at the track. Drove the car back to the hotel and eventually drove it home from NJ to MI. If you look at NSXDRIVER, there is a picture of "morning mist" from the back of a blue NSX, I think that is actually "aerosolized antifreeze" from the back of a blue NSX:rolleyes:

After taking the engine apart, the cylinders were washed and had mild scoring. The heads were minimally warped but engine is undergoing a complete engine rebuild. I now have a 3.5 stroker motor from DA with the DA radiator, haven't tracked yet and probably won't hit the track until XPO in CO. Trying to squeeze in a day a Gingerman but too busy to plan right now.

Did you remove the plastic radiator shroud? - its an important piece for the cooling system

Im not kidding about the " important for cooling system part "

Did you remove the plastic radiator shroud? - its an important piece for the cooling system

Im not kidding about the " important for cooling system part "
Ross, you are right!
The radiator shroud is missing!!!!
I believe they forgot to replace it when my car was modified to 2002+ spec...
Many thanks!
John

Following the general advice that a radiator shroud is a must, I purchased a new one and after cutting it to pieces:mad:, I managed to get it on the car!
I still need to tighten everything in place but here's what it looks like.
One really wonders how the main radiator can still get enough air to cool the engine but we'll see soon enough...
b47a1c7b.jpg

607916be.jpg

277b7b04.jpg

Here's the video!
Sorry it's a bit long and overexposed but it's my first recording:frown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoFMxOwRUXE&feature=youtu.be

You shift your hands around a lot on the steering wheel, that could become problematic and is a poor habit to have on the track. You should try to maintain both hands on and not move them around on the corners, this will allow you to easily correct the steering and knowing the center wheel position at all times. Has any instructor mentioned this before in the past?

Back