Convertible NSX: Ice-T Representin' for the Cause

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
While you attempt to sound genuine in your advice and commentary, you continue to lace your dialogue with sarcasm and boastful undertones. An increasing amount of readers have told me that you are consistently stealing their sense of accomplishment by subtly suggesting their inferiority for buying less than new NSX's.

Well, I must say that I am surprised and shocked that the nature of your reply Todd. And I thought this was going to be such a nice little group.
smile.gif

I am sorry if Todd and an army of others take acception to my comments. The one nice thing about living in America is that freedom of speach is a God given right. I think your comments are unwarrented and unfounded. I think if you look back in the various threads and over the last 120+ posts, you will find that I have merely tried to pass along as much insight as possible that I have to share from experience. You might even recall a thread where I thougth this group was better than BMWCCA and others where a class structure seems to seperate others into groups. I have always felt that there is no difference between those buying a 1991 car or those buying a 2001 car.

The majority of the despariging remarks were pointed at those that buy a Ferrari for the ego factor and get a lot less car for a lot more money. I don't recall ever putting myself out there as being better than anyone because I have a 2000 NSX. If you take a look out there Akira3D has a new 2000 and he is a lot younger than I am.
smile.gif

I think that if you have no sense of humor, a chip on your shoulder, something to prove and terrible time paying for insurance and tires, then you might take issue with my comments. But that just means that you are taking life WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. The NSX is a car. It happens to be one of 15 that I have owned, but it is still a car. And reporting that I have owned 15 cars is not boasting, it is simply a fact. It means I have had the pleasure of driving lots of cars under a variety of circumstances and can fully appreciate how wonderful my NSX is.

I think if you ask anyone on this list that I have spent any time interacting with: Lud, Joel, Worldsport, Akira3D, you will find their opinion of me to be quite different than your would-be, so-called "group observations". I pitty you for taking anyone's comments, especially mine, so personnally that you feel you have to attack me in a public forum.

Somebody have something they want to get off their chest, then send me e-mail, but don't distort my record on these issues and don't read into my humerous quips some personal vendetta against younger owners that bought early year NSXs, I think that is unfounded and sad.

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

[This message has been edited by G-man (edited 01 July 2000).]

G-man,

I'm not sure who nsxotic speaks for when he says he's been asked by a "few of the members" -- but rest assured, he does not speak for everyone.

For my part, I find your posts witty, informative, and educational; and if they come off as a little boastful -- well, who could blame you? You have a brand new NSX -- you have every reason to boast! You also show the mark of a true gentlemen in that you can take a little ribbing yourself (such as when I suggested that your next car should be the Mach 5).

Please, keep posting, and if someone doesn't like your posts, that's their problem, not yours.

(Can we start a G-man fan club
smile.gif
?)

-Bob ('94 #496)

Originally posted by flaminio:
G-man,

I'm not sure who nsxotic speaks for when he says he's been asked by a "few of the members" -- but rest assured, he does not speak for everyone.

Please, keep posting, and if someone doesn't like your posts, that's their problem, not yours.

(Can we start a G-man fan club
smile.gif
?)

To Bob, Joel and all the others that have chimed in via post and personal e-mails, I thank you. I always figured my contributions were welcome here, and I am not about to let some "punk" stop me from enjoying this forum.

As far as the "fan club" goes, you are welcome to start one.
smile.gif
I return, each member will recieve a secret decoder tire tread depth gague and an autographed picture of yours truly... please specify vehicle of preference.
smile.gif

Mach 5 not included. Void where prohibited by law. Your mileage may vary. All tragemarks here in are property of their respective holders. Does not include taxes, title, freight and options.

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

Since G-man dragged my name into this, I figure I should add my two cents.

The one thing I've noticed from participating in forums is that it is way too easy for someone who hasn't been a part of a thread to hop in and simply misread something being said. Even the most humorous comments can be misconstrued as something harsh and abrasive if the context of (or personality behind) a post isn't fully understood. With that in mind, I try not to let any individual comment offend me or get to me...and I try hard not to be reactionary when such comments are made.

From my private e-mailings, I can tell you that G-man is someone who truly appreciates the NSX and one who continually enjoys sharing his enthusiasm of owning one.

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
By the way, G-Man, I need to address some of your comments as asked of me by a few members.

If anyone has a problem with a member of this message forum, try to work it out with them via PRIVATE e-mail.

If that does not work, contact me via PRIVATE e-mail.

What the hell happened here?? This thread went from an informative piece about Ice-T's NSX to flaming weeinies and owners of new NSX's.

Oh well! Now for my contribution to this train wreck. I bought my NSX without ever driving one or seeing mine in person. I knew nothing about the car and never even wanted to own one, but I'm very happy now that I own one. Having owned several cars, used and new, practical and rare, the NSX has by far been the best one. I wish that I had the resources to buy one at 20, but at that age a car was not my main priority. Now, after many years of school, I have the means to buy whatever I want, but I too have to work hard for it. Just my $.02

-Cheers

Originally posted by Dr.Lane:
What the hell happened here?? This thread went from an informative piece about Ice-T's NSX to flaming weeinies and owners of new NSX's.

Was that in any way directed towards me?

If so, I was just stating my opinion on the look of his car. No crime there.

*smootch*
biggrin.gif

Back