Considering an NSX

Hi, I am living in Frankfurt Germany and have been considering buying a 99/00 M Coupe for some time now. I have also been considering an NSX. I think the exclusivity, and the depedability of the NSX places it on top. I will be shopping Stateside and have the car shipped over. This is the second time that I haved lived in Germany and I really like to take advantage of the liberal speed zones while I can, thus the performance car search. I have read through several threads on this site and would like some information on the pros/cons of an automatic transmission in the NSX. My current ride has a Tiptronic that is excellent. Especially on heavy traffic days. My preference would be a manual, but my wife prefers an auto and let's face it, if she's happy, I'm happy. I will simply have her sell her SUV and give her my Bimmer so that I can enjoy the autobahn a little more. Further, the hill country in our area has backroads that would be a blast in the NSX.
I would potentially be looking for 91-94's as that would be my most comfortable cash purchase price range. Any suggestions or advice would be welcome. Thanks for the consideration. :cool:
MJ
Current rides: 01' 325 iT, 01' FLHRI, 96' FLSTN

Auto vs manual is all about preference. Most prefer the manual and the auto's don't have the same horsepower rating. Auto's also have a lower resale value.

But buy what you want and will work best for you.

What is the reason you will buy a US version for a European version?

The US model would give me the opportunity to bring it back to the States when I leave here and not have to take a hit to unload a Euro spec. I would consider the Euro model, but I haven't been able to find the resources to buy them like we have in the U.S. I have tried some of the Euro classifieds, but I sure haven't been able to find any NSX's - in the year/price range that I am looking for. They were relatively easy to find while I was living in Japan.
Is the automatic considered a pretty stout unit in the NSX? I haven't been able to get much info about that in the forums.

Back