Consider Buying a '91 NSX Need Help!

Hi all. I'm from the S2000 boards and having seen Wilson's car, the blue NSX with the 2002 body conversion, boy do I want one now!

I've looked through the papers and found a 1991 in SF, where I live, with 140,000 miles. Can you please tell me whether $26,500 is a good price? What should I look out for? and most importantly, is it difficult and expensive to convert it to the new 2002 look? Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There are several things to look out for on the '91s. This is not to say they aren't excellent cars - mine is a '91. Look in the FAQ for info on particular year models and what to check for. See especially "snap ring failure".

I would think it would be expensive to convert to the 2002 look. From Wilson's pictures, I would think he spent several thousand dollars on the conversion (maybe as high as $10k?) You may wish to e-mail him directly and ask him.

Good luck in your search.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

A 1991 with 140K for 26,500 is not a good price. Maybe if it already has I/H/E and some extras it would be better. If that car is stock, i wouldn't pay that much.

i disagree, if its in great shape i dont think thats a bad price at all. 91's even with 70-80k miles are still going for low 30s, with the amount of miles youre talking about, thats about right if its a well taken care of car with no history of a major accident.

A friend of mine checked out that car the other day. Sounds pretty shady. He told me that the car has a total repaint and frame damage, "custom" interior, etc. The guy originally contacted my friend about his M3 for sale and offered him $4k below his reasonable asking price! when my friend declined, he said he has a NSX that he is trying to sell for $24,500 and he brought it back at night to show him. Too bad I didn't check it out myself. Go see it and offer him $15k for me!

Offer "HIM" 12,00.00 and see if he bites at it.... :O
smile.gif

Originally posted by NetViper:
A 1991 with 140K for 26,500 is not a good price. Maybe if it already has I/H/E and some extras it would be better. If that car is stock, i wouldn't pay that much.

Sorry but what's I/H/E?

Originally posted by ck:
A friend of mine checked out that car the other day. Sounds pretty shady. He told me that the car has a total repaint and frame damage, "custom" interior, etc. The guy originally contacted my friend about his M3 for sale and offered him $4k below his reasonable asking price! when my friend declined, he said he has a NSX that he is trying to sell for $24,500 and he brought it back at night to show him. Too bad I didn't check it out myself. Go see it and offer him $15k for me!

Well I haven't seen the car yet. I didn't want to waste his time, especially when I haven't gotten advice from you bros. I'm quite certain this is the same car. Black/Ivory. He says it has a clean title. He is also the 3rd owner.

Originally posted by newbie:
Sorry but what's I/H/E?

Intake/Headers/Exhaust

Vytas

Originally posted by newbie:
Sorry but what's I/H/E?

Invisible horsepower gains-intake
Helps a little bit-headers
Every NSX needs one-exhaust

------------------
G Dummy~

if you think I'm selling my go-fast parts to go back to stock, you are way wrong my friend ;)

Back