Computer ?...Calc.exe

My calculator (calc.exe) is gone from my computer.

Where the icon/shortcut used to be, it just shows a white w/blue frame window. I click it and it tries to search for the file.

I have looked on the net and been unable to find a way to replace it.

Any ideas?

does the calculator load if you goto start---->run and type "calc" (w/ no quotes) in the box?

you can reinstall it from your windowze disk if it's been deleted somehow.
or even easier, I can email it to you.

Maybe just the shortcut icon has ben deleted from your desktop? Check and see if the program runs, like Octan said. If it does, navigate to c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\accessories and see if the shortcut icon is there. If it is, copy and paste to your desktop or where ever.

KGP said:
Maybe just the shortcut icon has ben deleted from your desktop?
Do a file search to see if the calc.exe program still exists on your hard drive. If it does, it's easy to create another shortcut to it. If not, you'll need to either reinstall it from your Windows disk, or have someone e-mail it to you. (LMK if you'd like me to do so.)

Same thing for Paint (mspaint.exe).

Just type in your math issue into Google. It will respond with the answer.

It is a lot faster than launching Calc and more accurate.

Actually, it is quite good. It can use perrins and heavy duty calculus functions.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/features.html#calculator

Drew

It even knows about extremely weird special cases where it can compensate for mechanical processing that returns a very small number that is almost exactly but not quite unlike the correct value.

nsxtasy said:
Do a file search to see if the calc.exe program still exists on your hard drive.
Not quite. calc.exe probably won't show up in a file search if using xp. That's why I suggested navigating to where it resides (in xp).

If the above doesnt work....

If they just dissapeared today try a system restore to yesterday. System Restore HERE .

-j-

Back