Comptech wide body kit for $1200

Re: CT Widebody kit

iasports said:
Raceonusa.com is a home based business that buys all the parts from IMPORTFAN.COM. Importfan/GTP is the manufacture of the CT widebody kit...

If true, then it may explain a lot. Perhaps their deal with CT included a non-compete that has now expired. That would explain the big drop in CT prices but may also mean that you can get virtually the same part at bargain prices direct from the source. It would be nice to know id the CT units are held to a higher QC standard or get a higher level of prep, reducing the work to install.

Guys!!! I just got a email from the owner stated that , he had a NSX on the test fitment for the kit now!!! we will know the fitment out come next week!! just think about this if the fitment is good or comptech like, than this is a GOOD thing. No longer we have to buy that style of a wide body kit for $6000.00.
the owner(Jorge) is very cool...
-Aaron

Ps....Gorge..please go up on the prices....Thanks for the saving!!!

Last edited:
Zanardi 0 said:
Guys!!! I just got a email from the owner stated that , he had a NSX on the test fitment for the kit now!!! we will know the fitment out come next week!! just think about this if the fitment is good or comptech like, than this is a GOOD thing. No longer we have to buy that style of a wide body kit for $6000.00.
the owner(Jorge) is very cool...
-Aaron

Ps....Gorge..please go up on the prices....Thanks for the saving!!!

I guess you missed my post 3 up... :D

I sent them a note about the wing.

Last edited:
Better pics...

Here's more pics , of the fitment of the kit on the car.
Hope these help..
The kit fits great, the rear bumper and fender show a small gap, that was because we did not install the kit 100% and use all the oem mounting holes, since we just wanted to take quick pictures, the owner of the black NSX wants the carbon fiber version, so we will be taking more pictures and post them for you all when we get that on the NSX. The kit is HUGE, as you can see by the recessed wheels behind the large flared fenders.

nsx_91_raceon_frp_competition_front_01.jpg

nsx_91_raceon_frp_competition_rear_01.jpg

nsx_91_raceon_frp_competition_sides_01.jpg

nsx_91_raceon_frp_competition_fenders_front_01.jpg

nsx_91_raceon_frp_competition_fenders_rear_01.jpg

1TITENSX said:
Looking at the first two pics, why is the gas tank opening on both sides of the car :confused:

It's not. If you look closely you'll notice that the steering wheel is also on same side as the fuel door opening in both pictures. This obviously indicates that the pictures were flipped.

Wow. The OEM wheels look tiny in there! How big do you need to go with that kit to fill it up?

i don't know but, the fitment looks horrible. soo many mis alignments. quarter panel and rear bumper, sideskirts to quarter panel and front fenders.

Agree with Tobal! Fit is terrible!

Take it easy guys, I saw the original comptech widebody on the nsx at my buddy bodyshop and the fitting isnt perfect like comptech stated. But The price for the copied kit is so cheap, I guess cause it made in Asia.

The kit fits great, the rear bumper and fender show a small gap, that was because we did not install the kit 100%

did you guys miss this line?

This looks like a great alternative to those who don't want t drop the money for the real comptech one. Where is the replica made? Heck, it might be more JDM than comptech, hahahaha :D

I would agree. Until we see one fully installed and painted, we don't know what the finished product will be like.

For those of you who say that this kit fit like carp!!! All I can say is you don't know anything!!! have you ever see a comptech kit in fiiting? well! I HAVE! its like CRAP too...need a lot of works from the body shop guys...Just look at what you are paying...1200.00 VS 5600.00..:rolleyes: ...damn ,you guys are so smart!!!!
-Aaron

Great find Zanardi 0!

It would be nice if they had a side skirt that tapered down to the stock front fender. I think the best looking NSX I have ever seen is the yellow wide body here in Dallas. It has the Comptech wide body rear with an 02 updated front. The side skirt must have been custom made. I think this NSX may be the one that BikeEvil worked on?

I wonder how much it would cost to modify that side skirt to taper down to the stock front fender? Would that be hard? Also, Did anyone find out what labor is going to be for install?

EssTooKayTD said:
The kit fits great, the rear bumper and fender show a small gap, that was because we did not install the kit 100%

did you guys miss this line?

As someone who has been in the community for several years, we've all heard this type of explanation before and it, very frankly, doesn't resonate well in this community. Why did they not install it 100%? Especially, if it is going to be photographed and the photos used as sales material. Doesn't it make sense to put your best effort out there and then take pictures of the finished product? Nobody wants a half completed product installed on their car and the pictures suggest a kit of substantially less than good quality.

I'm all for giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. But don't expect a partially installed body kit to receive rave reviews on this site or any car forum.

I have to admit I don't know much about wide body kits.

Once installed, what do you do about the inner fender lining? How do you make it cover the new expanded area? What about the side markers? Do you have to cut out the holes?

What about the wheels? How do you make them stick out to look flush with the wider fenders? Do you use spacers or buy crazy wide wheels?

charleysung said:
I have to admit I don't know much about wide body kits.

Once installed, what do you do about the inner fender lining? How do you make it cover the new expanded area? What about the side markers? Do you have to cut out the holes?

What about the wheels? How do you make them stick out to look flush with the wider fenders? Do you use spacers or buy crazy wide wheels?

Good question, as I use to wonder the same. I have sprayed my fenders with bed liner to prevent rock damages to my fenders. I haven't had any problems thus far. I have used spacers which bolt to the hub and the rims bolts to the spacers to keep my rims flush with my fenders. I plan on eventually getting rims with the correct offset to alleviate using spacers. Some aftermarket fenders come pre-cut for side markers while some don't. My Sorcery fenders didn't come pre-cut but I like it without them anyway :)

Edwardo said:
Great find Zanardi 0!

It would be nice if they had a side skirt that tapered down to the stock front fender. I think the best looking NSX I have ever seen is the yellow wide body here in Dallas. It has the Comptech wide body rear with an 02 updated front. The side skirt must have been custom made. I think this NSX may be the one that BikeEvil worked on?

I wonder how much it would cost to modify that side skirt to taper down to the stock front fender? Would that be hard? Also, Did anyone find out what labor is going to be for install?

Does anyone have any pics of that? I am very curious to see how that looks.

Back