• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

CompTech Headers Instock

I have 1 set of 95-99 instock and 2 instock for 2000 and up both retail for $1375.00

But as always please call me for best pricing!!!

Last edited:
prices are usually req'd to post in this forum. respectfullly, either follow the rules that all others have to or don't post.

CLINTNOPI said:
yes SIR ! I am just trying to give the best deals I am very Sorry! Again!

Respectfully, you've been asked before to always include prices in your for sale threads. And yet you continue to break the rules.

When I politely ask you to follow the rules, you respond by being a smartass.

Your continued refusal to follow the rules is disrespectful to all the other vendors on this board as well as all of its members.

Nice work, you've just ensured that you'll never earn me as a customer. No matter how "cheap" you are.

Shady, just shady.

Neutral observer here - the issue (as he explained) is that Comptech prohibits public advertising of prices lower than retail.
Rather than shady, my interpretation is he is respecting his supplier's rules in effort to not publicly undermine other Comptech vendors in a global ad. Anyone who is truly interested will surely take the trouble to ask for a direct quote.
All he is asking is that if you really are interested in buying, just send an e-mail or PM then decide if it's a good deal or not.
It may be splitting hairs but I'm not sure that listing retail "but pm me for best prices" is substantively different than anyone asking $xx OBO for their item.
He has listed a price - I'm quite, quite sure he would sell the item if someone offered that price! It's not like he has listed a low-ball or no price, then is being selective about whether he will sell or not - for me anyway that's a subtle difference.
Just my $0.02

I think this has been discussed before. Sometimes the manufacturer will only allow the retail pricing to be "advertised."

This is done by many companies who want to offer their customers a better deal but are not allowed to advertise the price that they can give it for. Being that I work for a very large online retailer myself, I understand that many people may see this practice deceptive, I can assure that it is not.

I know prime has its rules and a price should be posted, but I think its sufficient if a retail price is provided and a note that a better price can be obtained.

I agree with D'Esosse and Sgvnsxrated I think Clint was simply following Comptech rules by not posting lower than retail prices.

CLINTNOPI said:
I have 1 set of 95-99 instock and 2 instock for 2000 and up both retail for $1375.00

But as always please call me for best pricing!!!

Neutral observer here too :smile:

Clint, next time make your post like this;

Comptech header, $1375, call for special customer appreciation incentives.

Viola, now we have sale price, potential for best deal AND in full compliance of the forum rules. :wink:

sgvnsxrated said:
I know prime has its rules and a price should be posted, but I think its sufficient if a retail price is provided and a note that a better price can be obtained.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys but what you're failing to get is that as I recall, in his original post to this thread (before both HybridNSX and I posted) Clit didn't have any prices listed at all. Only after we made mention of Prime's policies (again) did he edit the post to include a retail price. And then he was a smartass about it.

Da Hapa said:
And then he was a smartass about it.

Just my .02cent

Not sure if I am missing anything, but I can't tell where he was being a smartass :confused:

Having vendor offering good pricing is always welcome, sure beats having to pay more for same exact products.

CLINTNOPI said:
yes SIR ! I am just trying to give the best deals I am very Sorry! Again!

Granted, it's difficult to interpret things in written format but I take the capitalization of "sir" and two exclamation points as indicators of his tone. To me, he was being a wise ass. Maybe I'm wrong.

Good God....can't we all just get along? I agree the exclamation points seem like he is a little miffed as he is answering. But some people use exclamation points to emphasize their point, without intending it to be shouting or wiseaxx.

I agree with D'Ecosse; it does appear he has complied with policy by posting a price, allbeit not the price he may ultimately be selling headers for. Maybe we should all just count to 10 or something and factor in differences in language, tone, education, etc., when we read and write as some write more frequently than others.

Oh, I am assuming that calling him "Clit" was just a slip of the tongue...... :eek:

Prime example of why moderating is needed.
1. Clints thread would have never been approved without a price.
2. Clint edited his price into his post after someone asked.
3. Comptech has a policy for vendors called MAP. Which is Minimum Advertised Pricing.
4. Gentlemen, please govern yourself accordingly.

Da Hapa said:
I'm not disagreeing with you guys but what you're failing to get is that as I recall, in his original post to this thread (before both HybridNSX and I posted) Clit didn't have any prices listed at all. Only after we made mention of Prime's policies (again) did he edit the post to include a retail price. And then he was a smartass about it.

I am not a SMARTASS at all you can ask any of my customers! if you are gonna post something about me at least spell my name correct! I will not tolerate you degrading me on a public post! if you have a problem with me call me 1-800-241-2362 ext 278 Mon -Fri 9am to 6 pm

Clint will give you good price on CT products. Just call him. No need to bash him on technicality. If you do not like the price he lists and you do not want to call him, just move along.

1. My apologies to Clint. In the haste of typing on the internet, I misspelled his name above. As bad as it may look, the typo was not intentional and I apologize.
2. To all of you bashing me, do yourselves a favor and take a moment to re-read this entire thread. Clint's original post (as verified by Anytime the moderator) did not include a price. This forum's policies (even for Comptech) is that all posts for sale have to include a price. Clint has been asked to do this in previous posts and both HybridNSX and myself asked him to do that here.
3. Clint went back and added a price. IWhile I appreciate the fact that he did this, I thought his response was childish and disrespectful but as I said earlier, it's difficult to interpret intent over the internet. Perhaps he was typing quickly (as I was before). Perhaps English isn't his first language (as it isn't for many of us). Whatever reason, if it wasn't his intent to be a smartass, then I apologize again.

I said before and I'll say it again. This board has policies which apply to everyone. A pattern of not following those policies isn't fair to the other vendors and isn't respectful to the membership.

And again, to Clint. I apologize for not spelling your name correctly. It wasn't my intent.

Da Hapa said:
1. My apologies to Clint. In the haste of typing on the internet, I misspelled his name above. As bad as it may look, the typo was not intentional and I apologize.
2. To all of you bashing me, do yourselves a favor and take a moment to re-read this entire thread. Clint's original post (as verified by Anytime the moderator) did not include a price. This forum's policies (even for Comptech) is that all posts for sale have to include a price. Clint has been asked to do this in previous posts and both HybridNSX and myself asked him to do that here.
3. Clint went back and added a price. IWhile I appreciate the fact that he did this, I thought his response was childish and disrespectful but as I said earlier, it's difficult to interpret intent over the internet. Perhaps he was typing quickly (as I was before). Perhaps English isn't his first language (as it isn't for many of us). Whatever reason, if it wasn't his intent to be a smartass, then I apologize again.

I said before and I'll say it again. This board has policies which apply to everyone. A pattern of not following those policies isn't fair to the other vendors and isn't respectful to the membership.

And again, to Clint. I apologize for not spelling your name correctly. It wasn't my intent.

Apology very excepted! but then again i really have never even read the rules to be truthful ( i am a regular guy trying to make a living thats all)

Back