Complete n00b here..

Like the subject says, I'm a compelte newbie to NSX's but I have read up on the FAQ's a little but I just want to make sure that the 1997 NSX is the first w/ a 6-speed manual transimission. And also do they offer the "hard top" (not targa) for the 97's also?

Thanks.. and do you guys think that the 6th gear is really all that nice to have / or worry about getting?

Originally posted by KajiPAX:
I have read up on the FAQ's a little but I just want to make sure that the 1997 NSX is the first w/ a 6-speed manual transimission.

Maybe you should read the "Changes by Year" section (under the General Info heading) some more.

And also do they offer the "hard top" (not targa) for the 97's also?

And the "Production Numbers" section (also under the General Info heading).

Come on, FN - give the newbie a break!

newbie.gif

The first two answers are yes and yes.

.. and do you guys think that the 6th gear is really all that nice to have / or worry about getting?

It's nice - it's the best gearing option for the NSX - but acceleration times benefit more from the extra 20 hp of the 3.2-liter engine introduced in '97 than from the six-speed.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 26 February 2003).]

Meh..I might as well look foward to getting a 1997 someday.. lol. This is an off-the-wall question but how much do you think lets say a 1997 would cost with average-low miles in good condition etc in 10 years? Serious.

[This message has been edited by KajiPAX (edited 26 February 2003).]

This is an off-the-wall question but how much do you think lets say a 1997 would cost with average-low miles in good condition etc in 10 years?

How much inflation will we have over the next ten years? How much unemployment will we have in 2013?

Predicting the future ten years out is pretty much a crapshoot - and not worth spending the time arguing about or even guessing at.

KajiPAX:

Take it from a 61 year old who has owned a couple Porsche and a BMW or two. You don't need to buy a 1997 to appreciate these car. Figure out what you can reasonably afford and test drive one or two within your budget - you should be impressed.

If not, maybe an NSX isn't for you. I am looking for my "last great sports car" and I think, having driven many cars and instructed with the Porsche Club, the NSX is IT.

------------------
Future NSX Driver

Back