Coming through Albuquerque?

Pardon me for barging in, but you might want to check your local radio rental companies to see if you can't rent a club radio for the drive:

http://local.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&q=radio+rental&near=Albuquerque%2C+nm&btnG=Search&sc=1&rl=1

It should be cheaper than buying one, and you'll have the benefit of using it during NSXPO. Just be sure to provide the rental company with the NSX club frequency so they can configure the presets:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Resources/clubradios.htm

See you in Phoenix!

I'll check into the rental idea. Thanks for the tip. I'm not real hot on spending that money either for something I won't use much. Good idea Steve. Bring your FRS with you and I'll have mine. We can at least chat on the way down. Are you still coming here next week?? Apparently, there are quite a few CO NSXers going, but not many of them are on prime. It's too bad we couldn't get together and caravan. I was told last week at Pike's Peak Acura of 4 or 5 others going from CO to the NSXPO. Can't wait to meet you guys in Albuquerque. Take care.

I am still planning on coming down. I hope we do run into the other CO NSXers, it will be a good opportunity to get them on Prime, and maybe have some more drives next year than we were able to do this year.

I will leave Denver at 3-3:30 depending on what time I want to arrive in Trinidad. Hopefully, I won't get caught too bad by traffic in the springs.

If you shoot me a PM we can work out the details.

Thanks,

Steve

Viper Driver said:
Yes, it's still a go! I'll finalize all of the details and post them here soon. Also, I will PM everyone on this thread who has shown interest to get a count of the number of people showing up.

I'm going to have an NSXCA-capable radio for the trip as well. Anyone else on this journey going to have one?

Will you also give some directions to the restaurant?? We'll be coming down from I-25 southbound. Thanks. Looking forward to it.

OOps. Nevermind!!! Directions already given!!!!

Last edited:
Sent a PM to those of you expressing an interest in this.

I'll expand a bit on the directions to El Pinto:

The restuarant is called El Pinto, and it is right on the north central side of town west of I-25. Just take Tramway Blvd west when you get to the north side of town, cross the bridge and stay in the right lane. Right after that, the road bends to the south and turns into 4th St. Right at the bend to the south, the restuarant is on the left (you can miss it if you aren't careful. The restuarant is hidden by trees on a large estate, and there is a large wooden sign and cobblestone entrance to the parking area.)

The address is 10500 4th St. NW.

As mentioned before, Albuquerque (and this side of the city) is packed with people this time of the year due to the International Balloon Fiesta. El Pinto will be busy, as will any decent hotel. If anyone is coming into town the night before and needs anything, PM me here or call me on the cell phone # in the last PM I sent out.

Chuck

Back