color of volk TE-37, on a red car

Which would you go with ? White, silver, bronze, or black for a red car

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The pics on the black NSX are indeed LE37s in what looks like Titanium Silver. The wheels on the BMW pictured in the link are not Volks at all. They're completely different wheels.

There is no variation in design between the LEs and the TEs. The only difference is the "polished" lip. You could even get the LE caps for TEs if you wanted them.

dave22 said:
That's half true. :)
4234avizcarra-med.jpg

Actually, those aren't TE37s. They're Technomagnesios that have stopped being made quite a while ago.

See Here.

Re: rock'it OEM size!

Nihilation said:
redna1_le28n_gold_pshop_copy.jpg

Using nsxhk's car as a guenia pig... hope he doesn't mind.

I voted black...
THESE are the LE37T's right ?

They also look like a different color bronze, more like a noble gold.

Never mind, I just found some pics and standard and optional colors for the TE37's VS the LE37T's.

NSXhks, your car looks banging!!!

Last edited:
Ponyboy said:
Actually, those aren't TE37s. They're Technomagnesios that have stopped being made quite a while ago.
Whoops! You're right. Those aren't TEs. But they are availale in black as a "custom color." I guess I'll keep browsing for a set of black ones on a red car.

dave22 said:
Whoops! You're right. Those aren't TEs. But they are availale in black as a "custom color." I guess I'll keep browsing for a set of black ones on a red car.
well they do look close. It would be nice to see the TE37 in black on a red car.

This post is is really starting to help in the color selection.

I black is hot. Gunmetal looks slick. Bronze and gold look racy, along with white. And IMO you can't go wrong with silver. IMO if going silver Titanium Silver or that mercury silver looks really nice. It's hard to pick !!!

Ro_Ja Boy said:
What size and offset do NSX owners get for TE and CEs?

Ryan

I am in the process of picking my wheels, so i don't know as much about offsets as some other member do here. You can look at this though:

17x8.5 +50, 18x10.5 +45 setup like the combo shown here on Ponyboy's car will give you the rear lip look:
4055aaa-med.jpg < click

OK, I have still that deiced on the wheel size's I am not sure about the color either. But i am leaning to wards gunmetal, though i voted for white. I will make the color discision after, I just want to get the wheel sizes out of the way.

I want to run to run a wide tire up front. I don't like understeer. 225, 235, can i run a 245 up front without rubbing?

It's hard to find street tires that are 225, 245, for the front. and 275. for the back. That are 50 series's for the front and 45 for the back. IN 15 / 16's or 16 / 17's that i want. I think i can get those sizes matching in 17 / 17. Minus the side walls that i want, I would get the width's that i am looking for going 17 / 17's. But i want to keep the staggered wheels sizes i like the look. So 17 / 17's are out of the que.

My theory is that if i am go to mod the car. I will try to save weight every where i mod the car, and down the line it will add up.

I hope this shit makes sense !

I am getting ready to say fuck it and just go 17 /18. There are all kinds of tires sizes in 17 / 18's. Here again i am try to stay with light wheels, and keep the handling.

Hey, at least i know which brand wheels i want.

Wish you the best luck in the decision. TE37 are ultra light and beautiful looking wheels, you may also consider CE28N.

Don`t forget about tires, the weight of tires can vary 3 to 5lbs each. For example Toyo T1S are 4 to 5 lbs lighter each than oem tires of same size. They are LIGHT.

I highly recommend you go with the 7-spoke version. Acura NSX's have 7 spoke wheels and they just look better. I love the LE and TE Volks. You can't go wrong with either choice.

kreh said:
I highly recommend you go with the 7-spoke version. Acura NSX's have 7 spoke wheels and they just look better. I love the LE and TE Volks. You can't go wrong with either choice.
Are you saying that the TE and LE37's come in a 7-spoke version ?

I thought that i would add to the colletion of the TE 37's on red cars.
Black TE 37's/ Mag. I found them somwhere on here. They were posted somewhere saying that they were 17 in. TE Mag's ( Japan Only)

7119DSCN0312_Large_99.jpg

I took a photo of a red NSX at Phase Japan and it had the TE37 MAG wheels on it. The color was a dark blue/black and it looked great. I say if you're going through all this trouble of deciding on size, may as well get a special order color. If you don't want to wait for the special color, then get it painted or powdercoated to whatever color you want.

Veleno said:
I took a photo of a red NSX at Phase Japan and it had the TE37 MAG wheels on it. The color was a dark blue/black and it looked great. I say if you're going through all this trouble of deciding on size, may as well get a special order color. If you don't want to wait for the special color, then get it painted or powdercoated to whatever color you want.
Thanks, I am just going to suck it up and wait for whatever i end up ordering.
I have been thinking..... if i went with the 15/16's. That down the road. and i have the money for the brakes. That there would be some type of custom brakes that could be put together to fit under the 15's.

8246volk3.jpg

8246volk6.jpg

8246volk4-med.jpg

Here are some white TE's. We have alot of different color TE's on red cars now.

I am not sure who's car this is, hope they don't mind. They are 18/18's

Although I am not a fan of any Volk wheels, these would be my first choice. Matte black TEs without the red on them.

mattblackte37.jpg

EndlessNSX said:
Although I am not a fan of any Volk wheels, these would be my first choice. Matte black TEs without the red on them.

mattblackte37.jpg
Yeah, that black is slick looking i am now leaning towards that for the color.
thanks. I would get rid of that red too, and get all black center caps with red Honda emblem's. Thanks for the pic.

You don't like volk why ? Whats your pick on wheels ?

Just never liked the designs and they are not BBK friendly for the S2000 (last car) and the fact that you see them everywhere. I like to be exclusive:smile: . I like Prodrives, Works, Mugens, etc... They look ok but I personally wouldnt buy a set except these black ones. They do offer these TEs with or without the red. Get them.

I like to be exclusive .

I feel you on that one. Us just having the nsx takes care of that. though i have only had my for 5 weeks. So i have not been around to see how many people run volks. I picked them b/c IMO they were the Best looking/lightest wheels i could find. weight was important to me. I guess the wait will be like 60-90 days. or is that color sp.order?

What wheels are you running?

ctrlaltdelboy said:
TE 37 Mags in 17"??

where can I get some?!?

anyone know the spec? - width, offset, weight? (price :biggrin: )
I can tell you that last i read the TE's in 17's were Japan only.
If you want TE 18 in mags, Thats going to cost you...

example here is the MSRP for the Mag TE37 blue
18x8.5 $1250ea
18x9.5 $1300ea
18x10.5 $1325ea

Back