Coil Pack differences

TitaniumVtec said:

I will keep this thing updated if anything else changes. But for now, I am happy again with my X.

James

Last night went for a ride and the car started to run funny again. Almost 3 weeks of running smoothly and now I am back to sounding like Subaru. No CEL or anything. I am going to buy at new O2 sensor for the front and see what happens.

In the end, my problem turned out to be a front O2 w/ intermittent code 43. Good luck with the replacement procedure. I’m not sure how many times you’ve removed the main beam but just in case it’s been awhile, here are a few fresh tips: shift cables do not need to be removed as long as the case and cable holder things are removed and as long as you are careful moving the beam. Tape or glue the “special” engine mount nut to the beam before installation.

Good luck and keep us informed.

DanO

TitaniumVtec said:
Last night went for a ride and the car started to run funny again...No CEL or anything.

I was able to reproduce a CEL somewhat consistently by coasting in 3rd gear 35mph to about 5mph.

DanO

DanO said:
In the end, my problem turned out to be a front O2 w/ intermittent code 43. Good luck with the replacement procedure. I’m not sure how many times you’ve removed the main beam but just in case it’s been awhile, here are a few fresh tips: shift cables do not need to be removed as long as the case and cable holder things are removed and as long as you are careful moving the beam. Tape or glue the “special” engine mount nut to the beam before installation.

Good luck and keep us informed.

DanO

I changed both my O2 sensors by lying on my back and just reaching under the car..it took all of 5 minuets.

digimanoc said:
I changed both my O2 sensors by lying on my back and just reaching under the car..it took all of 5 minuets.

That is because you have DC headers. Try it with manifolds and I think your time will go up a tad. ha, ha

DanO,
I am ordering a new front sensor tomorrow. I'm tired of dicking around with this problem. By the way, which brand did you buy?

James

TitaniumVtec said:
which brand did you buy?

I ordered the part number from the parts manual 36532-PR7-JO2. It came in a "Honda" box. Don't tell me I ordered the wrong brand. :(

It's frustrating that the problem can be so intermittent. I THINK replacing the front O2 sensor finally fixed the problem but I won’t consider the problem closed until a few hundred miles of trouble-free driving.

Good luck,

DanO

digimanoc said:

That makes me mad :)

I have RM headers and have to remove the main beam (same with OEM maifolds) to gain access to the sensor.

DanO

DanO said:
I ordered the part number from the parts manual 36532-PR7-JO2. It came in a "Honda" box. Don't tell me I ordered the wrong brand. :(

It's frustrating that the problem can be so intermittent. I THINK replacing the front O2 sensor finally fixed the problem but I won’t consider the problem closed until a few hundred miles of trouble-free driving.

Good luck,

DanO
I believe that DENSO's are the OEM sensors...so I'd bet you're ok now.

had a similar problem recently

My car would miss at idle and especially after washing the car. At high RPM it would clear up. I thought it could be water around the coil on the rear bank, but paid 60$ for a new set of plugs and it idles better than ever and no more miss even after washing the care. I suspect cracked porcelain.
Hope this helps someone

Re: had a similar problem recently

mattdaggett said:
My car would miss at idle and especially after washing the car. At high RPM it would clear up.

I have experienced this also. Not sure the cause, but obviously water is getting to some place it should not. Thanks for the info!!

Back