• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cody, AEM & BBSC

LoveFab (Cody), AEM & BBSC

As some of you know, I'm an "early adopter" of the BBSC. I was one of the original 50 installs in May of 2002. To say I've gone through a lot of tribulations over the last 5 years and 30,000 miles is an understatement. I have a OBDII NSX(1999) and after two Split Second boxes and numerous tuners, no one could get it to run well on the street. It did OK on the track but the drive to and from the track was less then desirable and sometimes downright miserable. Two years ago, I had to change injectors, disconnect the supercharger to pass emissions here locally. Then of course I had to re-install the injectors and supercharger to get my horsepower fix. Last fall I had just about decided to go back to stock (another emission test was coming up) when I read about the new AEM FIC. I tried to read as much as I could about it but I've learned to always be a little skeptical of what one reads on the internet. I finally called and spoke with Cody. He had first hand knowledge of the unit and pretty much convinced me that my car would run like stock after the unit was installed. One of the biggest problems all of the tuners couldn't over-come was the drive-by-wire issues. Well I'm here to tell you that I picked up my car about 7 hours ago and after 175 miles, I'm still smiling. My car now runs like it is completely stock...right up to the point that the supercharger kicks in. I'm sure if Mark Basch had access to this box when he started, he'd still be selling superchargers (at least to OBDII owners). I can't say enough about Cody and how comfortable I felt after talking with him. He's a young man who takes pride in his work and cares about his customers (now if we could only get him a little closer to civilization). The point of all this is CODY IS THE MAN!!!. Also, if you have an OBDII car and you can pick up a BBSC, purchase an AEM FIC and drop your car off at Cody's place, you won't be disappointed. On the other hand, if you have a need for crazy horsepower, have Cody build one of those turbos he's so famous for, install and AEM FIC and have a blast. Either way you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
BBSC prices are now going to go up.:smile: I've always heard the only problem with that system was getting a good tuner and the SS box. Good to hear you are finally happy after all this time.

Hi all, just returned from our Illinois emission testing station. I guess that's one of the "benefits" of living near the big city:rolleyes: . As expected (but still apprehensive), I plugged the States emissions testing unit into my NSX's OBDII port and waited for the inspector to give me my result. Came back as "Congratulations this vehicle meets Illinois emissions standards". Not only does my car run as good as the day I bought it but it keeps the environment clean. I just can't thank Cody from LoveFab enough for the installation and setup. Oh yea, the one difference in my car from the day that I bought it is...it's way faster.

It passed AS IS, with the AEM box and BBSC still in place????? :eek:

can you post the numbers please?

Yep! Since I had my engine cover off, the gal said all cars should be made like that since is was so easy to do the engine inspection. As someone commented our emission only requires a clean tailpipe. I'm not sure any of our inspectors could tell the difference between a supercharged NSX or a factory unit (maybe it's because they don't have to know).
I don't have dyno numbers yet (Cody did a street tune and a damned good one at that):biggrin: . Should be on the dyno in a couple of weeks. BTW, I hear Cody's new turbo is making a ton of power but I'll let him tell you about that.

Chuck, does this mean we no longer have to push you in the paddock! :)

That is awesome news!

Tom

Hey Tom, last years relay trick fixed that. But I'll let you give a little shove if it makes you feel good.:smile: Just because you don't have to push, doesn't mean we don't want you to come to the track!

Hey Tom, last years relay trick fixed that. But I'll let you give a little shove if it makes you feel good.:smile: Just because you don't have to push, doesn't mean we don't want you to come to the track!

Great news Chuck...I believe this was just after we gave you a push to get her started. :biggrin: Hope to see you at Gman in spring.

Last edited:
Great news! The BBSC is sweet with the proper tuning. This new AEM sounds like a dream come true for many OBD2 owners.

Back