• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch spring / input shaft seal / time to replace clutch i suppose!

Well GOOD NEWS! I got the car running and figured out that just a 10 amp fuse was blown so hopped in and took her for a maiden voyage.

The EXEDY stage 3 is really jittery. no chatter at idle. Probably because it already has new trans fluid all over it.. sigh* at a low rpm takeoff. Not sure if that's normal or not.

Bad news. transmission is still leaking from clutch housing. Stopped and checked underneath the car at a gas station 2 miles down the road and there is a small drip. So the trans will have to come back out, and see if the fracture can be located and repaired. Or I'll have to get a new clutch housing. FUN TIMES! SO now everyone knows the danger of a clutch going kaboom inside your transmission housing.

goodluck man it sucks when your baby is hurt

Yes, yes it does. I got very depressed when I saw the drip from the trans at the Chevron station. This car is literally my drug, I've been so bummed out over the last month and was sooo happy driving the car for only 4 miles, then, instant depression when I pulled back in the garage and removed the key.

SO, does anyone know of a dye that is safe to use in a manual transmission? I plan on spending a lot of time this weekend making sure everything is immaculate under the car so I can dye the fluid and sit underneath to watch where its coming from. Just to make sure it is actually coming from the interior wall of the clutch housing, and not splashing from maybe one of the axle seals. Hopefully I just missed something small and its an easier fix this time.

But since I now know how to disassemble the transmission completely it shouldn't take a whole month this time. Thanks everyone for your help so far!

Back