Cluster Ring Gauge Install

Attachments

• slimclusterrings.jpg
    slimclusterrings.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 199
  • JH4NA1157NT001153_032_LG.jpg
    JH4NA1157NT001153_032_LG.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 201
Definitely not a 20 minute job. If it's your first time getting into the dashboard, I'd estimate 1.5 - 2.5 hours, depending on how meticulous you are. It took about 90 minutes for mine, and that's with the assistance of someone who had taken his dash apart several times. We were constantly goofing around, so he probably could have done it in half the time if he wanted.

You may find THIS THREAD helpful.

The item is a great fix-up for an NSX interior.

It took me about 4 hours to do the install, but that was probably just me taking my time and doublechecking everything. I must say though that the hardest part for me was taking off the damn bolster. There were a couple of clips that just didn't want to come out and it felt like I was going to break the bolster in half with all the pressure I was applying. If you do a search there should be some threads about people's horror stories with the bolster!

When you are tinkering around with the cluster and as such you don't want to try and set a world record pace or anything. Take your time and do it right so you won't have to go back in again.

I took my sweet ass time doing mine...no damage to anything and didn't have spare parts at the end... took about 4hrs. Result was sweet!

wow....This is Involved... Thanks for info and posts...

I will have to rethink this one...

I wouldnt do this unless you are VERY patient, have a good afternoon available with lots of sunlight, and are pretty good generally on DIY jobs.

I took mine to a local NSX Mechanic, he didnt have any problems with it, took maybe 1.5 hour ( he took his time which I was very happy with), and as he pulled little pieces out here and there...I thought...wow never in my life would I be able to do this!

If you're nervous either pay or have a friend who's done it come out and help (thanks Garrick!)

Its SOOOOOO Worth it - makes the car look like its a 2007 model - now to get rid of the crummy old steering wheel and replace it with something that looks and fits like factory - an S2000 wheel would ROCK!

If you're nervous either pay or have a friend who's done it come out and help (thanks Garrick!)

Its SOOOOOO Worth it - makes the car look like its a 2007 model - now to get rid of the crummy old steering wheel and replace it with something that looks and fits like factory - an S2000 wheel would ROCK!

Thanks,,,for Input.

I had a small problem with mine but i would say alot 2 hours to do it right if you are not familiar with clusters, I have taken the one out of my teg a million times and so this was a cake walk- about 1.5 hrs but give yourself time and dont rush---

my small bump MAY cost me 500 bucks.................... :(

So the link to the instructions on SOS"s website is gone, since they don't sell them anymore. I have my entire gauge cluster removed and sitting on my desk inside my house. Problem is, the rings are too big to fit inside each area. Do I remove the original black rings around each gauge? Do I glue them in? Any DIY anywhere? I couldn't find one. Thanks!!!

So the link to the instructions on SOS"s website is gone, since they don't sell them anymore. I have my entire gauge cluster removed and sitting on my desk inside my house. Problem is, the rings are too big to fit inside each area. Do I remove the original black rings around each gauge? Do I glue them in? Any DIY anywhere? I couldn't find one. Thanks!!!

Yes, you have to remove the original black plastic rings from the cluster trim. From there my billet rings are just pressure fit in place.

Back