clean wheels

Any suggestions on how to clean some HRE wheels? I plan to get them totally polished and repair in a few months but until then, any suggestions? I tried to search on forum for discussion but unable to put in the right search words. thanks!

As Synth19 said, this for bare aluminum, but Mother's Powercone (or Powerball) and some metal polish.
0906cct_06_z+mothers_powercone_polishing_tips+power_cone_shape.jpg

0906cct_05_z+mothers_powercone_polishing_tips+polishing_results.jpg

Adrian, that looks good!!!!
Synth, how do you tell if there is clear coat? is it obvious?

I'm wondering if there is like a spray (just to de-bulk the grime) like Maguires or something like that for now before I give it to the wheel shop.

Ryan, great meeting you and your family in Jersey! any idea if the wheels have clear coat?

eyedoc bought my old HRE wheels

as far as im aware, the previous owner had the front wheels in chrome finish while the rear in polished. im not too sure if they have clear coat on them

I think the easiest way to tell is that if you don't have a clearcoat and have polished wheels, they begin to haze up after about a week after polishing them. That's because the aluminum begins to oxidize.

If it has a clearcoat, or is anodized, the finish doesn't generally doesn't oxidize or haze.

Hey Ryan; you got a sick car! your HRE wheels look fine right now after an hour with a towel,elbow grease. I was just so happy to finally drive my car this season! I'm going to get the HRE's totally done this fall. I just bought some 18, 19 BBS LM's.

Back