Checked out this 1991 NSX, 2974 miles, red/black, manual JH4NA1157MT000843

Plan to replace most if not all of the fuel system - Tank, fuel pump, lines, injector. Hope Honda still makes parts for them. Fuel gumes up everything it touches.

Engine may have internal corrosion present and likely require a rebuild. Cranking the engine wasn't a great idea given it wasn't stored properly.

Good point... only tried for a few seconds to hear it turn over, knew it wasn't going to start anyways.

Best way to check to see if a motor is seized is to put it in 5th gear and rock it back and forth. Not actually trying to start the car. I would never assume this car needed a complete engine rebuild. But I've already explained that in another post.

I think this is an interesting find, given that a lot of the items you can't get anymore (interior pieces, etc) are going to be mint on this car. Here is what I would do:

Change all fluids.
TB/WP
Harmonic Balancer
All 23 hoses
Flush gas tank
Flush or Replace fuel lines and filter
Send injectors to RC for cleaning
Battery
Tires
FULL detail from someone who knows what they are doing and won't ruin the mint paint (i.e., Oakes, etc.).

Drain oil and remove filter. Fill with Walmart cheap 10W30 dino oil and filter. Add techron to new gas in tank. Run car 200-500 miles and get all that crud out of the system and into the oil. Drain oil and replace with your synth of choice 10W30 and a nice tall Denso filter. I bet the car runs like a top after that. It's a Honda. :D

Okay, has anyone found out how much this car is? If it is for sale, this should not be a secret, yet I do not see that posted anywhere.

Also, as for this guy being 'too busy' to drive the car AT ALL for 18 years, the guy is either stupid or lying. After a couple of years walking past a car that you have never driven in that period of time, you would think the choice would have been made way back in the day to sell it, not almost 2 decades after you parked it! I mean, I have owned cars that are rarely driven, but I made sure to give them at least a few hundred miles per year, and have them serviced yearly, in order to keep everything in proper running order. This poor car needs love. Putting the cover back on over all of that dirt is just going to scratch up that original paint too. :mad:

Okay, has anyone found out how much this car is? If it is for sale, this should not be a secret, yet I do not see that posted anywhere.

Also, as for this guy being 'too busy' to drive the car AT ALL for 18 years, the guy is either stupid or lying. After a couple of years walking past a car that you have never driven in that period of time, you would think the choice would have been made way back in the day to sell it, not almost 2 decades after you parked it! I mean, I have owned cars that are rarely driven, but I made sure to give them at least a few hundred miles per year, and have them serviced yearly, in order to keep everything in proper running order. This poor car needs love. Putting the cover back on over all of that dirt is just going to scratch up that original paint too. :mad:

It just doesn't make sense to store this car for 18 years, maybe the owner thought it as an investment at the time. I've seen pictures of 15-20 1987 Buick Grand Nationals in a storage facility, several of them under 1,000 miles. People do this, but I look at this car as a "partial barn find" as it just sitting does the car no good. Not the best comparison, but I've got stuff in the attic that has been sitting for 16 years and probably should just be thrown out. It's quite possible the owner does not have interest or doesn't obviously care about the car sitting especially if he's got other toys to play with and doesn't need the money. If someone offered me a decent price for my Grand National I'd sell it because I don't drive it and that is a shame, 300 miles last year driving around town. I think most primers generally agree our cars should be driven, but the owner of this car feels otherwise, doesn't make him stupid or a liar.

To the op. This is an opportunity of a lifetime. To the idiots who are saying naay, go polish your alternator wishing it looked like it had 3000 miles on it.

Prior to opting out, I had a deal with the seller for thirty K as it sits
It was advertised in a small corner of the Internet some time ago as a one liner ad with no picture. The ad isn't there anymore.
The owner's name is Don Veloso -
[email protected]
305-218-2742
305-696-1192
-
I don't know if he still has the car or if it is still for sale, thats his contact info

Last edited:
All I can say is that this car is a find and if there is someone out there looking for an early coupe with low miles that has the bucks and is inclined to follow Honcho's list of things to do - and maybe the gas tank needs to be replaced - like I say this is a great find and if I was in the market for a low miler i would buy this car.

I hope someone buys it that has the funds to really get it going. This isn't for the guy on a shoe string budget - it's for a fellow that is ready to drop about 35k in the car. I agree with the post to the "nay sayers'. This would be a really good car. Hope someone gets it and brings it back to life. It deserves that! Wish i was prepared to do it myself. If I had a high miler and bucks - I'd sell the high miler and get it now!

His email keep getting kicked back. Any other way to contact him, PM me if you'd like. I'd like this car...

Prior to opting out, I had a deal with the seller for thirty K as it sits
It was advertised in a small corner of the Internet some time ago as a one liner ad with no picture. The ad isn't there anymore.
The owner's name is Don Veloso - [email protected]
-
I don't know if he still has the car or if it is still for sale, thats his contact info

i think this is an interesting find, given that a lot of the items you can't get anymore (interior pieces, etc) are going to be mint on this car. Here is what i would do:

Change all fluids.
Tb/wp
harmonic balancer
all 23 hoses
flush gas tank
flush or replace fuel lines and filter
send injectors to rc for cleaning
battery
tires
full detail from someone who knows what they are doing and won't ruin the mint paint (i.e., oakes, etc.).

Drain oil and remove filter. Fill with walmart cheap 10w30 dino oil and filter. Add techron to new gas in tank. Run car 200-500 miles and get all that crud out of the system and into the oil. Drain oil and replace with your synth of choice 10w30 and a nice tall denso filter. I bet the car runs like a top after that. It's a honda. :d

+1 imo

"It's a Honda"

Last edited:
i havent been here in a while, but i can contest to a few things...

i found a 93 with 7400 miles on it a few years ago and joined this forum. i recently went back to the car and it hasn't moved since i drove it back in 2005, literally... i cranked it up and it started right up with no smoke, so i can assume that the seals are still good. the owner still had this 93 maintained, but it was towed to the dealership...

im trading the owner a piece of land for the car that i paid $13,000 for... so in theory i got a 93 nsx with 7400 miles for 13,000

i found a 93 with 7400 miles on it a few years ago and joined this forum. i recently went back to the car and it hasn't moved since i drove it back in 2005, literally... i cranked it up and it started right up with no smoke, so i can assume that the seals are still good. the owner still had this 93 maintained, but it was towed to the dealership...

im trading the owner a piece of land for the car that i paid $13,000 for... so in theory i got a 93 nsx with 7400 miles for 13,000

I'm sure the new owner of your property is not thinking he sold his car for 13k. You may have paid that for the property but the property is probably valued more highly now - just guessing. Anyway you got a good deal. But there is a lot we don't know from your short dissertation.

Hope you're enjoying the car!

I'm sure the new owner of your property is not thinking he sold his car for 13k. You may have paid that for the property but the property is probably valued more highly now - just guessing. Anyway you got a good deal. But there is a lot we don't know from your short dissertation.

Hope you're enjoying the car!

The car is a depreciating asset and land is usually a appreciating asset. So a trade like this benefits both parties.

The car is a depreciating asset and land is usually a appreciating asset. So a trade like this benefits both parties.

Well Eiffel that used to be true but my real estate has been devaluing not escalating since the market recession and it ain't gettin any better. But historically you are correct. I hope it works out that way for the seller.

I mean this with all sincerity. Why does he own that car? Parked it almost 6 years ago (maybe longer), and has not driven it since. What is the point?

Last edited:
I mean this with all sincerity. Why does he own that car? Parked it almost 6 years ago (maybe longer), and has not driven it since. What is the point?

I couldn't agree more but I think possibly the answer lies in your own signature - "because it's his life..." something like that. Others have answered a similar thread in that manner. I don't get it - cars are made to be driven but everyone has their own agenda and it seems crazy to me but that's the way it is out there in the land of the collector.

You know there was a fellow on here that answered the thread "how do you let it just sit" with I have other priorities that don't involve driving - well I can understand that - but man this situation has taken that to a whole other level. If you have a car - drive the damn thing - it's a whole lot more fun driving it than looking at it! My opinion and that's what I do cause it's my life that's why! :wink:

Yeah the guy that owns the car is almost 80 years old. He has a bunch of toys at his house, that pretty much just sit... I am back at work now, and just waiting on an answer from him i guess. I did buy a saab, haha

Back