Checked out Kelly Blue Book...Wow!

Throw the books out, I'm thinking NSXs prices are on the rise!

<TABLE id=vi-tTbl cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=vi-tTblC1>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>1993 Acura NSX

1993 Acura NSX - NO RESERVEResearch 1993 Acura NSX

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=ipics-cell><FORM name=ssFrm action="" method=post target=ssFrmWin><INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=ssr><INPUT type=hidden name=iurls><INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=dtid><INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=vs><INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=sh><INPUT type=hidden value="Acura : NSX" name=title></FORM><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vs_w-a><CENTER></CENTER>
Please wait
Image not available

• Enlarge

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vs_w-spr id=vv4-35_sp> </TD></TR><TR><TD>

<TABLE class=tg-tb id=vv4-35_tbl height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR id=t_r_vv4-35_0><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_0 width="16%" height=42>
!B)3DI+g!mk~$(KGrHqR,!j!Ew5Sp6dnhBMPQb+YfMg~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_1 width="16%">
!B)3DKR!CGk~$(KGrHqF,!hsEw5B7hiuuBMPQcE,+DQ~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_2 width="16%">
!B)3DLQQ!mk~$(KGrHqV,!i8Ew5osqKodBMPQcIpB,w~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_3 width="16%">
!B)3DMHwBGk~$(KGrHqN,!jcEw47N!+YtBMPQcMKTow~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_4 width="16%">
!B)3DNZwBmk~$(KGrHqV,!iEEw5CeLNHVBMPQcQFB0g~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_5 width="16%">
!B)3DOhQCGk~$(KGrHqF,!iEEw5OFLFY4BMPQcU!Tr!~~_14.JPG
</TD></TR><TR id=t_r_vv4-35_1><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_6 height=42>
!B)3DQ5!!Wk~$(KGrHqF,!g8Ew5G0+mC,BMPQceHE-g~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_7>
!B)3DR7Q!2k~$(KGrHqN,!h0Ew5M8dgB)BMPQcie6fg~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_8>
!B)3DSvwBWk~$(KGrHqN,!hUEw43iTcrSBMPQcmICOg~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_9>
!B)3DTu!B2k~$(KGrHqF,!h0Ew5QsVqbPBMPQcqKvIg~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_10>
!B)3DUwQCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!jIEw49O4KO+BMPQcufvZg~~_14.JPG
</TD><TD id=t_c_vv4-35_11>
!B)3DV5QCGk~$(KGrHqJ,!i!Ew5FV5-9dBMPQczzWpw~~_14.JPG
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

s.gif

</TD><TD class=isumv1_5-cell><FORM class=vi-is1-s4 id=v4-25 name=v4-25 action=http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MakeBid&_trksid=p4340.l1356&item=160456034697&fromPage=4340&fb=2 method=post><TABLE class=vi-is1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl>Time left:</TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>4d 23h (Jul 20, 201017:45:47 PDT)</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl>Bid history:</TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>44 bids[Refresh bidhistory]</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-bdr colSpan=4>

</TD></TR><TR><TD class="vi-is1-lblp vi-is1-solidBg">Current bid:</TD><TD class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tbll">US $666,766.00</TD><TD class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tblb" colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-solid colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class="vi-is1-lblp vi-is1-solidBg"><LABEL for=v4-29>Your maximum bid:</LABEL></TD><TD class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tbll"><TABLE class=vi-is1-prcp cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class="vi-is1-prcs vi-is1-cur">US $</TD><TD><INPUT class="vi-is1-tet vi-is1-mb" id=v4-29 maxLength=10 size=8 name=maxbid></TD></TR><TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tblb" colSpan=2>Place bid<INPUT id=but_v4-8 type=submit value="Place bid" name="">Place bid</TD></TR><TR><TD class="vi-is1-lblp vi-is1-solidBg"></TD><TD class=vi-is1-solid colSpan=3>(Enter US $666,866.00 or more)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-solid colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR id=wchMidRow><TD class=vi-is1-solid></TD><TD class=vi-is1-solid id=watchLabelDiv></TD><TD class="vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tblb" colSpan=2><BUTTON class=sfbtn id=watchbutton name=watchbutton>Watch this item</BUTTON></TD></TR><TR id=wchMidRow1><TD class=vi-is1-solid></TD><TD class=vi-is1-solid colSpan=3>Now watching in My eBay Now watching in My eBay </TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-bdr colSpan=4>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl></TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>
iconLowMonthlyPayments.gif
Get low monthly payments- opens in a new window or tab

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl>Payment:</TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>Full payment required within 7 days of auction close.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl>Shipping:</TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>Buyer responsible for vehicle pick-up or shipping. Vehicle shipping quote is available.
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl>Item Location:</TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>Saint Thomas, VI, United States</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl>Coverage:</TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>This vehicle is eligible for up to $50,000 in Vehicle Purchase Protection- opens in a new window or tab. (Not eligible for eBay Buyer Protection)

</FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HotHonda,

Didn't say anything about a cheap price....not sure where you get that. I'm sure it didn't go for a cheap price - and you know it's so atypical there isn't much to be gained from knowing what it sold for.

Snooping.....that's pretty funny Steve, you tell everyone you've sold your car then get mad when folks write you about why you didn't put it on prime etc. - you post you leave yourself open. I really believe the only reason you posted was to brag about the price the dealer put on the car.

Then you tell us it's sold and again don't want any questions. I'm assuming you don't know otherwise why would you care or think it poor taste to tell us what it sold for, but that's your business. This is Prime - it's all about sharing - it's a public forum.

If you don't want people asking you questions about the sale of your car why not just go gently into that "good nite". You don't change your avatar as if you still own the car - let it go man. If you don't like questions - quit posting things that beg them. And if you think what I was doing is snooping - you miss the point of Prime.

Sorry I made an issue out of your "market value" comment. Believe me you'll get no more questions or comments about anything you post from me. So maybe we can agree to live and let live. That would be nice.

HotHonda,

Didn't say anything about a cheap price....not sure where you get that. I'm sure it didn't go for a cheap price - and you know it's so atypical there isn't much to be gained from knowing what it sold for.

Snooping.....that's pretty funny Steve, you tell everyone you've sold your car then get mad when folks write you about why you didn't put it on prime etc. - you post you leave yourself open. I really believe the only reason you posted was to brag about the price the dealer put on the car.

Then you tell us it's sold and again don't want any questions. I'm assuming you don't know otherwise why would you care or think it poor taste to tell us what it sold for, but that's your business. This is Prime - it's all about sharing - it's a public forum.

If you don't want people asking you questions about the sale of your car why not just go gently into that "good nite". You don't change your avatar as if you still own the car - let it go man. If you don't like questions - quit posting things that beg them. And if you think what I was doing is snooping - you miss the point of Prime.

Sorry I made an issue out of your "market value" comment. Believe me you'll get no more questions or comments about anything you post from me. So maybe we can agree to live and let live. That would be nice.

Too much time on his hands. Always concerned about what someone else has or does - try sending that energy inward, you might be surprised how it can change priorities.

If want to know what '05 NSX's are worth- step up & purchase one. Your first comment when you found out the asking price from the dealer was something about how you wished them luck in this economic climate blah, blah. 20 days later it sold at
a price a buyer was willing to pay. None of your business. End of conversation.

As far as my Avatar goes...why do you care? WTF's wrong with you?......Comments like "Good nite" & "let it go man" & " I really believe the only reason was to brag about the price the price the dealer put on the car" - my God man - get some professional help.

I was an NSX owner for 16 years and NSXCA member for 11 and owned 5. How about you?

You are one sick puppy.

Last edited:
Either you are self employed or work for the government for the amount of time you spend on-line snooping into other people's matters on NSX Prime.....

The self employed don't have time for long, tedious blathering on everything that inspires them to reach for a keyboard to register their input on subject regardless of their knowledge. My guess is the former.

In my experience, here in NY, the Kelly Blue Book is not used to document vehicle's actual cash value when a Insurance settlement offer is made.
N.A.D.A. is the most popular data for vehicle value documentation being used here.

I feel sorry for his NSX.

Guys its definitely subjective and specific to the car. Steve's 05 White sold in rather quick time for the kind of economy the U.S. has at the moment. Someone had to have been looking for a white and nabbed it very quickly.

My 2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx was a similar example in that it was the 1 of 1 for its year, 1 of 8 ever made. I sold it for $65k with no haggling last year! Another Silverstone 2003 that was listed for a long while during the time my car sold, was purchased for $45k. One year newer, same mileage yet such a difference in price.

Not all colors of the same year car can be compared to others and thus determine values. Some colors sell better than others; its a simple fact. Yellow's unfortunately are posted for sale longer and more frequently on Prime and I know this because I study the NSX market prices and have for a long time. Just take a look of 2002-2005 NSX's in recent postings...

Steve knows his NSX's and worked out a deal that suited him perfectly. I can see why he'd be a little frustrated as there are keyboard heroes that spout off and don't know the history of these cars or the buying demographic.

He, like I experienced, would have had the same people emailing him on Prime saying its worth x when we both know the rare colors are worth more.

I think some of those people emailed me about buying the Imola before you bought it. :biggrin:

Guys its definitely subjective and specific to the car. Steve's 05 White sold in rather quick time for the kind of economy the U.S. has at the moment. Someone had to have been looking for a white and nabbed it very quickly.

My 2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx was a similar example in that it was the 1 of 1 for its year, 1 of 8 ever made. I sold it for $65k with no haggling last year! Another Silverstone 2003 that was listed for a long while during the time my car sold, was purchased for $45k. One year newer, same mileage yet such a difference in price.

Not all colors of the same year car can be compared to others and thus determine values. Some colors sell better than others; its a simple fact. Yellow's unfortunately are posted for sale longer and more frequently on Prime and I know this because I study the NSX market prices and have for a long time. Just take a look of 2002-2005 NSX's in recent postings...

Steve knows his NSX's and worked out a deal that suited him perfectly. I can see why he'd be a little frustrated as there are keyboard heroes that spout off and don't know the history of these cars or the buying demographic.

He, like I experienced, would have had the same people emailing him on Prime saying its worth x when we both know the rare colors are worth more.

Sorry, it was a joke based on their commercials. :redface:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ff9soPDP7Pc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ff9soPDP7Pc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sorry, it was a joke based on their commercials. :redface:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ff9soPDP7Pc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ff9soPDP7Pc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Now I get it......

Loved the Holiday Express commercial!

I really don't think the negative comments towards BRomley are necessary. He is offering only his opinion which frankly, I find to be accurate many more times than not!

Now I get it......

Loved the Holiday Express commercial!

I really don't think the negative comments towards BRomley are necessary. He is offering only his opinion which frankly, I find to be accurate many more times than not!

Have you seen the timing belt thread? :rolleyes:

HotHonda has every right to lay into him for his comments about him and his car. Bromley thinks he has a right to publicly question him about the sale of his car, and even has the gall to state that he's missing the point of Prime.

So apparently the point of Prime is to piss off longtime members who are 100x more knowledgeable about the car than he is and who can give real world advice based on experience in order to give some price guidance to potential buyers. Right.

I concur

Have you seen the timing belt thread? :rolleyes:

HotHonda has every right to lay into him for his comments about him and his car. Bromley thinks he has a right to publicly question him about the sale of his car, and even has the gall to state that he's missing the point of Prime.

So apparently the point of Prime is to piss off longtime members who are 100x more knowledgeable about the car than he is and who can give real world advice based on experience in order to give some price guidance to potential buyers. Right.

+100. noobs with one year seniority and 1500 post can be annoying. Im not speaking of Tbromley specifically but some of the new registered users and their comments and expertise. I been here a while and log in daily, but here lately some of the noob post are making me wonder. Im a noob on 2 other cars sites and i try to show a great deal of respect when i post on any forum when im looking for info. just my .02

opinions will always be polarizing, I think the critique of others and thier posts help both the poster and prime.Those that don't heed the majority "suggestions" and fail to adjust acordingly are far more annoying.

Anybody want to talk about Kelley Blue Book? :biggrin:

When KBB and Edmunds don't have enough raw data for car prices, such as with low-volume cars like the NSX and Integra Type R, they take a depreciation percentage for high-volume cars, and they apply it each year to represent the car's decline in market value. That works fine for high-volume cars like an Accord or Buick, which decline at a predictable percentage every year. However, many low-volume specialty cars decline little if at all in price.

If I could buy cars at the prices they quote, I'd buy a dozen of them.

To everyone:

I am the original poster of this Thread and now I am really disappointed in myself!

The whole purpose of the Thread was for me to enjoy for a few minutes with me fellow NSX'rs that KBB thought my car was worth $62k. I know it is not worth that much. Everyone on here knows it is not worth that much. Again, I was just enjoying the dream of thinking it COULD (not would) be worth that much. Next thing I know, everyone is bashing each other.

Life is short. I live in Phoenix where it was 118 degrees yesterday and several people were killed in town. When it is 188 degrees, people living on the street suffer...something none of us have probably ever experienced. Lets remember how lucky we are just to be in a position to own a NSX regardless if it is worth $62k or $15k; regardless if it is the one and only perfect color combination, regardless of miles or condition. Instead lets just treat each other a little nicer and enjoy our cars....Please?

Rob - point taken.:wink:

Trust me I'm a believer that NSX's are under rated at the moment and in the future will become collectible. To what extent remains unknown but I'm with you on the good feeling.

Last edited:
HotHonda,

To everyone:

I am the original poster of this Thread and now I am really disappointed in myself!

The whole purpose of the Thread was for me to enjoy for a few minutes with me fellow NSX'rs that KBB thought my car was worth $62k. I know it is not worth that much. Everyone on here knows it is not worth that much. Again, I was just enjoying the dream of thinking it COULD (not would) be worth that much. Next thing I know, everyone is bashing each other.

Life is short. I live in Phoenix where it was 118 degrees yesterday and several people were killed in town. When it is 188 degrees, people living on the street suffer...something none of us have probably ever experienced. Lets remember how lucky we are just to be in a position to own a NSX regardless if it is worth $62k or $15k; regardless if it is the one and only perfect color combination, regardless of miles or condition. Instead lets just treat each other a little nicer and enjoy our cars....Please?

Rob....Bromley has issues. Read his post above that he sent to me again. These words are from someone who has some deep rooted problems.

RE: Change my Avatar; Let it go man; Bragging about the price; I tell everyone I sold my car so I leave myself open; if you don't like questions, quit posting things that beg them ; etc etc........

Hey, this is a car forum. You started this thread. Bromley imploded because I shared that my car sold in 20 days for market value (he asked the question in an early post remember?) For most that would suffice. For Bromley, who obviously needs to be in control, it was not enough. He had to know the selling price - "75 or 72" ? - "we ain't buying lobster at a restaurant" in one of his posts. He continues to repeat the doom & gloom in the economy and the prices being asked for some cars are unreasonable in these times. It's none of his damn business!

To follow this gloomy path is a strange distortion of faith - it is a faith in the negative. Any forecast, whether hopeful or pessimistic, is a step into the unknown. Why does he choose the dark one? He occasionally get's a payoff that keeps him hooked. There is more risk in being open to something positive because we cannot force positive things to occur.

" If you keep on saying things are going to be bad, you have a good chance of being a prophet"

- Isaac Bashevis Singer-

Back