Checked out Kelly Blue Book...Wow!

Just for the fun of it, I did a Kelly Blue Book appraisal on my 2000 NSX-T with 16k miles and was amazed that Private Sale Value was $62k.

Wow!

KBB won't buy it for that. Neither will anyone else I don't think. But I can't get what mine is worth either so that's just the way it is. Good friend just bought an 04 with 23k miles and a new clutch for 45k. There goes your KBB.....

I know that is rare but man 2000's are selling for a lot less than 62k.

KBB is crap. Do a Galves search and you'll get a nice wake up call. It's valued at $41,950 in saleable condition.

Last edited:
Dream Killer (lol)

KBB is crap. Do a Galves search and you'll get a nice wake up call. It's valued at $41,950 in saleable condition.

Edmunds and Kelly Blue Book are notoriously and ridiculously inaccurate in values for low-production vehicles, including the NSX.

all over zee place!

FWIW, an '00 NSX-T should have ~50k miles (avg. for NSX is 5k/year) & the 4yr/60k + 7yr/105k mile services completed (~$2.5k).

An '00 NSX-T NA2 w/ ~16k miles is truly difficult to price, as it can command a premium over other '97-'01 NSX-T NA2 offerings - to the right buyer. Quite an exceptional example you have Rob4092xx!

For arguments sake, if it can be valued/sold for ~$45k, it's in-essence a near brand-new NSX (in terms of wear-&-tear/cosmetics/mechanics). That's about what a lightly equipped Audi A5 2.0T, moderately equipped BMW 328i Coupe, heavily equipped Infiniti G37 Coupe, et'al go for. The extremely low-mileage '00 NSX-T NA2 will have minimal/marginal depreciation, relative to the others; offer a much more engaging/unique & visceral driving experience; prove to be more reliable/dependable & have lower maint'/service costs; blah-bla-bha... (I know, I know - comparing tomatoes to potatoes!?! :D)

2000 NSX-T with 16k miles...
Kelly Blue Book - $62,725 (as-per Rob4092xx)

Edmunds - $38,859 (as-per Dhalsim)

Galves - $41,950 (as-per DocL)

... another one:

NADA Guides - $43,400

Last edited:
you 91 would still command 19-20K dont sweat it.
keep it waxed and in good running condition and
you will get back most of your money you paid into it.

BETTER YET NEVER SELL IT. give it to your son/daughter, when you pass on to a better place. LOL

Thats what Im gonna do My unborn son will get my NSX
when he turns 16
so he can start pulling ass better than I did when
I was his age. LOL

I always laugh when a customer tells me that XYZ website says their car is worth thousands and thousands more than what it is really worth. I always want to ask, "And you didn't click the "buy it now" button?!"

KBB won't buy it for that. Neither will anyone else I don't think. But I can't get what mine is worth either so that's just the way it is. Good friend just bought an 04 with 23k miles and a new clutch for 45k. There goes your KBB.....

I know that is rare but man 2000's are selling for a lot less than 62k.

why did a 23k mile car have a new clutch? An 04 for $45k? I'd bet money that if my friend took a 5 minute look at it he'd show you at least 4 spots that had major collision repair ;) Just saying... :)

We're like 10 for 10 on ruining the day of people who SWORE they got the "DEAL OF A CENTURY!!!!" when we look at the thing. Its at the point where we just tell friends who ask "you dont want to know"

Even here on Prime we have our own experts who come across as big time advisors to the newbies/prospective buyers as to what's worth what.

Guess what - they are worse than the local TV weatherman. Wrong 70% of the time and still manage to have jobs.

At least KBB has found a way to make it pay.

Even here on Prime we have our own experts who come across as big time advisors to the newbies/prospective buyers as to what's worth what.

Guess what - they are worse than the local TV weatherman. Wrong 70% of the time and still manage to have jobs.

At least KBB has found a way to make it pay.

I really have to agree with you. So often some of the people on this site render their opinion of how much a car is worth based on the review of a few photos. All too often their opinions are based on what a similar car/year sold for. "Yeah, my buddy purchased a XXX NSX for $10,000 less and it had a new clutch." Well is that because the previous owner beat the hell out of it and was going through a divorce? I would consider their opinions valid after they had an opportunity to view the vehicle, the maintenance records and the PPI. Without that information, I would consider their opinions worthless.

Just my opinion.:rolleyes:

Most dealers and lending institutions use the NADA. Galves and the black book are auction results. All the dealers i've seen at manheim auctions use NADA. I used galves and the BB, when i would SELL at auctions. When valuing anything going to the customer i used NADA, since they needed a loan anyway.

Most dealers and lending institutions use the NADA. Galves and the black book are auction results. All the dealers i've seen at manheim auctions use NADA. I used galves and the BB, when i would SELL at auctions. When valuing anything going to the customer i used NADA, since they needed a loan anyway.

+1:biggrin:

A cars value is always dependant upon what the market will bear regardless of what these "Guides" say. A low mileage 91 with all the maintenance up to date still commands over $30K, that is a fact not opinion.

A cars value is always dependant upon what the market will bear regardless of what these "Guides" say. A low mileage 91 with all the maintenance up to date still commands over $30K, that is a fact not opinion.

I sure like hearing this - you made my day....:biggrin:

Everyone here has made great points on value. I am sure that the example I gave and have repeated more than once is a super rare exception. Why was a clutch replaced - the guys wife drove it and obviously didn't know how. Interesting that one of our primers mentioned that his buddy could go around the car and find 4 spots where there was major collision repair. Interesting - I sure don't think that's the case but it may have had some paint. Heck my 91 has had the front valence sprayed and the rear bumper.

Our NSXs aren't museum pieces they are driven - like most cars are today. Bumps are going to happen - simple as that. Just like Zanardi #8 for sale now. I'm going to check on that one to see what the bids are so far. There will surely be less and less of em as time goes on. Deals come and go and there are reasons for them and some command a premium no doubt.

Say Steve, any word if your old white 05 has sold? I'm just curious it was going for a premium and maybe it will sell for that - hope we find out.

This is a time for deals that's for sure. Hope this period in our economic history gets better soon!

Interesting Quotes:

A car or anything else, is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what the seller is willing to sell it for.

The seller doesn't set the price, the buyer does.

If you think you can get book value for your car, then tell the people who publish the book to buy it, ie:NADA, KBB, EDMUNDS, etc.

Say Steve, any word if your old white 05 has sold? I'm just curious it was going for a premium and maybe it will sell for that - hope we find out.

Sold for market value

Last edited:
Sold for market value

Well that is no answer at all - if you know what the dealer sold the car for why not tell us? What the hell is market value anyway - we ain't buying lobster at a restaurant.... :smile:

Question we all want to know is did it sell for 75k or was it 72k. Don't get me wrong Steve, I'd like to hear some good news about a high price sale. That would mean our economy may be getting stronger! We could all use a bit of good news.

Well that is no answer at all - if you know what the dealer sold the car for why not tell us? What the hell is market value anyway - we ain't buying lobster at a restaurant.... :smile:

Question we all want to know is did it sell for 75k or was it 72k. Don't get me wrong Steve, I'd like to hear some good news about a high price sale. That would mean our economy may be getting stronger! We could all use a bit of good news.

If it sold for a high price, that only means somebody not counting peanuts wanted a nice 05 white nsx. :biggrin:

I don't know the selling price of the white 2005 but I purchased my 2005 Rio Yellow/black NSX with 16,000 miles and no mods for $56,000. Bought it in October 2009. The car is close to mint condition. I had been looking for many years and was pleased to find this one. I sold my 1959 Porsche Cabriolet to buy it (owned the Porsche for 37 years) and while I miss the Porsche, I've been really happy with the NSX.

Good friend just bought an 04 with 23k miles and a new clutch for 45k.

Another friend just bought another 04 for 45k? Or is it the same one we talked about over and over for the past 9 months? If its the same one, you're re-defining the meaning of "just".

Another friend just bought another 04 for 45k? Or is it the same one we talked about over and over for the past 9 months? If its the same one, you're re-defining the meaning of "just".

I'm afraid so - stretching it - but it did happen this year. Now I was just on another thread today where I was chastised again for this and then another posted three other cars that fell right in to the above example. So guys - deals do happen - maybe my poor pitiful example is tired and way over used but there are others out there if you are reading more than this thread that are giving examples too. 02 for low 40s - 03 for mid 40s - geez - I'm not buying I have one. There are others out there all the time tire kicking but the guys with the cash have it good right now - you gotta know that. I mean give me a break. Just cause someone buys an 04 from somewhere - a dealer perhaps?- for 56k doesn't mean they're all gonna sell for that or what the "MOBY DICK" of cars - HotHondas(Steve's) car might have sold for - whatever "market price" is. Geez - who's market price? That is no answer and berating me for quoting my tired little example when there have been others and plenty to make the point that it is still a buyers market out there.

That's all I'm saying. Is everyone that finds a low mile 04 gonna pay 45k - geez I sure hope not but there surely have been more examples of that than my one. Look around you'll find them. Perfect, pristine examples at dealers always command a higher price and that's just as tiresome as the other end of the spectrum.

I don't like hearing low ball stuff on 91s cause I have one anymore than you guys with the later models do about yours. I would surely think that 50k would buy you a lot of NSX these days.....all I'm saying.

When the market turns around and folks are back to work and toys are being purchased again - we'll be doing fine - I'm not pulling the rip cord I assure you and I don't advise anyone esle to right now. Keep em if you can cause it ain't pretty out there. Like I said my "advice" is really cheap - take it for what it's worth. I'm by all means not related to Kelley, Edmunds, NADA or any other car pricing vehicle that are also pretty punk.

Bromley...Doubt one of the rarest & or best at cheap price can exist in the same sentence regardless of the product.

Either you are self employed or work for the government for the amount of time you spend on-line snooping into other people's matters on NSX Prime.....

"The man who minds his own business generally has a good one"

Back