Check this deal on a 02 NSX!

that nsx was owned by a previous prime member who i believe has since relocated to europe. there was a post about this car and the brakes (zmi titanium) about a week ago, but i cant find it.

the oem honda nsx-r hood on this car by itself is 10K. (i found out the hard way when i bought mine!) the zmi brakes are no longer produced. very interesting car.

someone find the link

that nsx was owned by a previous prime member who i believe has since relocated to europe. there was a post about this car and the brakes (zmi titanium) about a week ago, but i cant find it.

the oem honda nsx-r hood on this car by itself is 10K. (i found out the hard way when i bought mine!) the zmi brakes are no longer produced. very interesting car.

someone find the link

If I'm not mistaking, I recalled the thread your talking about, the picture of the hood was not right, my best guess is Procar. The reason I'm making this claim is because I checked the vent screen and it was not OEM vent screen. I could be wrong. The description does say OEM.

Last edited:
There was another thread about this car a few weeks ago. I called since they are local and they have ALL the stock parts. I offered to buy some of the aftermarket mods, but they were pretty insistent on selling the car "as is." I wonder how long it will take to sell this @ 69k. I just don't see too many prospective NSX owners who would be willing to pay that much on an '02 regardless of the modifications.

I'm sure this hood is not OEM. It has a Procar style hood screen.

3636762_35.jpg

Isn't this ChitownNSX's car?

I remember those rims as I was going to buy those off him at one point - he must have sold it to this exotic dealer.

Sweet ride and lotsa cool mods for the right buyer.

rk

$64K asking with all of those mods isn't a bad price for this NSX. If someone gets it for $60K, that person will be very happy.

Vance, 100% for sure the owner claimed it was an oem hood. He told me that he bought it from detlef though so maybe that is where the screen came from.

the reason i know all this is a couple years ago when he was selling the car i tried to buy the hood for 6K. in the end he instead sold the car with the hood and i had to pay 9.5K for a new one from honda japan. I kept the receipt and honda part numbers that came with my hood so that i could prove that mine was authentic, however from the inside of the hood it is obvious whether the hood is oem or aftermarket, so if i saw that car with the hood open i could tell for sure whether it is real or not.

Can anybody shed some light as to why you would fork over 10k for a oem nsx-r hood? Is it because of the fitment? Procars claims to have a slightly lighter weight nsxr hood for 4200, and VIS also produces their own for 1400. Of course if money isn't an issue then by all means oem nsx-r hood, otherwise can someone enlighten me?

oem nsx-r hood is dry carbon (like the mugen and asm hoods for the s2000)
Oem nsx-r hood fits perfect (it actually has tighter gaps to the fenders then my oem 2005 nsx)..when i bought my hood the downforce and procar hoods each had fitment issues. Both companies have since gone to version 2 of their nsx-r hoods that fit significantly better.

its the same argument on most of the nsx-r oem parts. the seats are 18k and you can buy similar recaros for a quarter of that price, but they are not oem and kevlar and have the special na2 fabric. (although i hear someone is currently making a better replica in kevlar)

another example is the nsx-r guages.. to get the real guages and get the shift lights working it cost 4K which is a crazy amount of money when vance was selling a repro set with no working shift lights for less then 1K.

so the point is everyone can decide what part they want to buy, from a 700.00 vis carbon look hood over fiberglass, to downforce at 2K to procar at 5K to honda at 9.5k just depends on how much desire you have to have authentic parts. some people think you are stupid to spend that kind of money and some people think bying a replica part is wrong as the repro company is copying a design and cheating on R&D spent by the original manuafacturer. I choose to not buy reproductions in most cases, but that is just me. Others choose to get the look for the best price possible, that is there right. what ever makes you happy is what you should do

I recently bought the DF hood, it still has problem with the fitment....QUOTE]

:tongue: Welcome to aftermarket!
TANFL! Eerything has compromise..... I got the hood and the wing and I have my complaints about them..

Want "puurrfect" - buy OEM NSX-R, I think the exchange rate is good, you might be able to get i for 10K +/- :wink:

I recently bought the DF hood, it still has problem with the fitment....QUOTE]

:tongue: Welcome to aftermarket!
TANFL! Eerything has compromise..... I got the hood and the wing and I have my complaints about them..

Want "puurrfect" - buy OEM NSX-R, I think the exchange rate is good, you might be able to get i for 10K +/- :wink:

Here is the thing- they claim 99% fitment for their product and paid top dollars for it. This is a false advertisement-99% fitment. If I would have known this, I would rather buy VIs for half of the price.

I recently bought the DF hood, it still has problem with the fitment. The gap bwt the fender and hood is inconsistent, not tight like EOM hood.

View attachment 50482

View attachment 50483

View attachment 50484

View attachment 50485

View attachment 50486

Man glad I saw this! I have Ryan ITVs old CF hood and haven't been to happy with the fit so I was going to buy the DF version. Socal has the right idea as we really paid too much to buy cheap AM parts .. sigh time to man up on this one:biggrin:

They don't seem to be too eager to sell this car as they didn't even return my calls to them.

WingZ, my Downforce Version II hood fits as good as my factory hood on my car. I can send you pics.

This car is well worth 65K especially if they have all the stock parts. I don't understand why the owner decided to sell it for what may have been 60K to a car dealer when he had an offer from me on his hood and brakes (before I bought my DFII hood) and another offer of 6K for his hood alone. He must not have cares. If you do a search for ZMI brakes or Ferrari 360CS versus NSX you will see his old threads.

Back