Check out this player - I'm in the wrong profession!

This mofo is only 29, does mortgage banking, but has all kinds of nice toys (or he says).

502372206_l.jpg

Man being a sheep herder simply does not pay!!! :mad:

How can mortgage banking pay so well? I need to get rich or die tryin'!!! :biggrin:

What the hell??? Why would you have a car like that (I think he only owns the CGT) and have a cookie cutter house in middle-class America? I know that home is probably around $1mil in OC, but c'mon... don't buy a car that is worth 1/3 to 1/2 of your home value. I just don't understand some people. I'd go $1.5mil on the house and drive a $60K car all day long... then you can at least write off your interest and build equity. To each his own I guess.

redshift said:
What the hell??? Why would you have a car like that (I think he only owns the CGT) and have a cookie cutter house in middle-class America? I know that home is probably around $1mil in OC, but c'mon... don't buy a car that is worth 1/3 to 1/2 of your home value. I just don't understand some people. I'd go $1.5mil on the house and drive a $60K car all day long... then you can at least write off your interest and build equity. To each his own I guess.

That house is prolly more than 1.5mil in many places in So Cal

He's 29? I'm also 29 but he looks like he could be mid 30's.

And here he is standing on his two cars.

Easter0782.jpg

Ive seen that on either Ferrari Chat or 6speedonline. Amazing. But I thinks its partly BS or has old money.

|Adeel said:
What does "old money" mean? :smile:

"Old money" is referred to money that was inherited, or passed down through the family.

It's funny over here (England) you get much more abuse attached to being 'new money' is it the opposite on your side of the pond?

Dtrigg said:
"Old money" is referred to money that was inherited, or passed down through the family.

Ah... That's what I thought too :) Thanks.

RED/BLACKUK3.2 said:
It's funny over here (England) you get much more abuse attached to being 'new money' is it the opposite on your side of the pond?

Depends which side you are viewing it from...

Old money tends to scough at new money primarily because new money tends to flaunt it. New money will often times resent old money becuase present generations of old money didn't have to work for it.

These are generalizations and obviously don't apply to everyone.

zahntech said:
That house is prolly more than 1.5mil in many places in So Cal
You are right. Last house that sold (two months ago) in my middle class West LA block was a mid 1940's, 3 bedroom, 1500 sq. ft home that sold for $1,049,000.:eek:

Sig said:
Depends which side you are viewing it from...

Old money tends to scough at new money primarily because new money tends to flaunt it. New money will often times resent old money becuase present generations of old money didn't have to work for it.

These are generalizations and obviously don't apply to everyone.
Hi - well that is pretty much the same here - doesn't bother me as I'm neither!

I think th way you summarised that is perfect...

Its one thing to have money but sense??? He is standing on two 500K cars...I wouldn't dream of doing that to my NSX let alone a Carrera GT. Actually I don't think I would do it to any car.:confused:

redshift said:

If that house is in huntington harbour or newport beach (which i think so).....it would easily cost $3mil+. You can't get a decent house in south oc for a million here buddy :).

Ski_Banker said:
what a stooge. probably good friends with that G35 joker with blinged out headrests on Prime.

easy, someone might call your boss:biggrin:

AndyH said:
If that house is in huntington harbour or newport beach (which i think so).....it would easily cost $3mil+. You can't get a decent house in south oc for a million here buddy :).

Tustin.

I think everything is relative and priorities in life. Never discount any1's capabilities or lack of . I mean in my area houses are US$8m- $20m but there are people that own cars less than US$100K on the other hand we have a few in maybach's and Phantom's in US$3million houses.
And the licence plate '2' went for US$600K crazy! its on a SL55.

To each their own.

Though i wouldnt be complaining if i had those cars.

Back