1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

that's almost unbelievable...
frown.gif

and such a tragic waste too.

thanx for posting ... i have some other people who i've forwarded this too who will be interested.

Just for future reference, who do you call to get help? I mean, if the guy is clear across the country, how would you help him? Call 911 and tell them a guy with a webcam just killed himself? Is there someone you can call from AOL, MSN, etc. who can help you get their info ASAP?
frown.gif

Originally posted by Joel:
Just for future reference, who do you call to get help? I mean, if the guy is clear across the country, how would you help him? Call 911 and tell them a guy with a webcam just killed himself? Is there someone you can call from AOL, MSN, etc. who can help you get their info ASAP?
frown.gif
In a perfect world, that could probably happen. However, I'm sure no one would give out any type of information like that since addresses, phone numbers, full names, etc. are considered personal information and they could probably get sued for giving out said information. Not much you can do in a situation like that.

I have 2 diametrically opposed view on this:

First of all, if it was ME on the other end of the chat room, perhaps I would have called Phoenix Police and had them log onto the chat room and see if they could help. It would be nice to save a life.

On the OTHER hand, perhaps it is Darwin's wisdom that this kid wipes himself off the humanity's gene pool. Seriously, someone this stupid really shouldn't spawn any kids...

Edited to add:

Having read the lower part of the article, I still don't feel sorry for the kid. There are so many kids out there who have gone through so much worse and are still able to do good for themselves and others. What a pi$$ waste of a good life...

[This message has been edited by NSX_Dreamer (edited 04 February 2003).]

[This message has been edited by NSX_Dreamer (edited 04 February 2003).]

I don't feel sorry for the kid. There is a certain Darwinian thing about this event.

I feel sorry for the parents and the people he left behind, however.

-Jim

i disagree with the darwin theory... that theory is dismissive, cold & heartless. (i don't mean that about you guys... i dun want a flame war)

Truth is the kid was probably really smart; perhaps he was depressed or something... so he tries drugs to find a way out; to feel good. Then he discovers taking drugs online gets attention. It feels good to have 'friends' online.

One thing leads to another. It's always a gradual decline downwards.
frown.gif

<FONT SIZE=1>

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 04 February 2003).]

Well the real truth is that we don't really know.

However, it's not like the kid was depressed and simply committed suicide in the basement of his house.

No, based solely on the facts we have on hand, this seems different. It was more like showing off for his online buddies.

Suicide is a lonely and private act. Suicide victims don't broadcast their last moments. IMHO, from what I can tell from the transcript, this kid was simply showing off and miscalculated.

Again, I truly feel sorry for those he left behind.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

This young man was obviously troubled and had issues, but IMO the people participating in the chat that spurred him on were absolutely despicable.

I too think he had other serious issues to deal with. Although someone should've called or something to help him out.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back