Chassis questions - Are these problems?

Taking the time to clean the chassis and inspect my newly acquired 92 5 speed, I find these and don't know if they are normal or not.

First question is about the driver's side LCA... is this supposed to be this way or is it bent?

Second is about the bracket that holds/spaces the steering rack from the subframe. Is it supposed to look like this?

Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• DSC03436-1c.jpg
    DSC03436-1c.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC03423-1c.jpg
    DSC03423-1c.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
First question is about the driver's side LCA... is this supposed to be this way or is it bent?
I just looked at mine & its the same way, I dont really know what you are talking about on the next picture.

Ray Rodriguez said:
I just looked at mine & its the same way,

whew!! thanks.. I was sure mine was bent!! :frown:

I dont really know what you are talking about on the next picture.

Ray, here is the picture with the questioned area circled. It just looks so unsymmetrical, I thought it might be a problem. As far as the black stuff, I cleaned most of it up this afternoon.

Attachments

• DSC03423-1d.jpg
    DSC03423-1d.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 131
kkim said:
Thanks for the info.

Any idea why they "dented" that rear control arm? They right side is not like that. :confused:

No idea, but many have been replaced due to this "feature":eek:

It's automobile Art:biggrin: and It's normal.

Congrats...

Bram

kkim said:
Taking the time to clean the chassis and inspect my newly acquired 92 5 speed, I find these and don't know if they are normal or not.

Second is about the bracket that holds/spaces the steering rack from the subframe. Is it supposed to look like this?

Thanks for your input.

Bram said:
It's automobile Art:biggrin: and It's normal.

Congrats...

Bram

Ah... more reassurance. :) The more time I spend getting to know the car, the more I find out how "unique" some of the parts are designed.

Glad to finally be a part of this great board.

Mahalo!

Back