Center air vent replacement?

I need an aftermarket or oem replacement for my center air vent that is damaged beyond repair. I found several center consoles while doing my search, but no center air vent.
I have tried acuraoemparts, dali, SOS, etc.
Does anyone know what my options are? At this point I will take anything since I have a big hole in my dash where the vent used to be.:rolleyes:

I got a used one from Umbrella Auto about a month ago for 99$ + 25$ shipping, you might want to check their used parts section and see if they have anymore, or PM ravi

I looked for one also and couldnt find one so I decided to take a hack at fixing it myself. Mine was in 7 pieces and its coming together nicely so theres hope for yours. Ill post picks when im done

I looked for one also and couldnt find one so I decided to take a hack at fixing it myself. Mine was in 7 pieces and its coming together nicely so theres hope for yours. Ill post picks when im done
Thanks - for saving $250 :eek: I may go that route. Let me know.

I did the same for mine using 20 minute epoxy. It seems strong until you go to install the vents into the surrounding plastic, or pushing in the clock. Then it snaps, in a different place then where you glued it. If you're going to try fixing it, I recommend having the vents and clock in place before you glue it, so that it will be pre-stressed. Use aluminum foil to separate the glue from the parts you don't want glue on.

Eventually though it will crack again. It's just age and UV damage taking its toll.

I did the same for mine using 20 minute epoxy. It seems strong until you go to install the vents into the surrounding plastic, or pushing in the clock. Then it snaps, in a different place then where you glued it. If you're going to try fixing it, I recommend having the vents and clock in place before you glue it, so that it will be pre-stressed. Use aluminum foil to separate the glue from the parts you don't want glue on.

Eventually though it will crack again. It's just age and UV damage taking its toll.

No doubt. I fixed one crack last summer only to have three more cracks and two "bubbles" this summer. When I tried to sand out the bubbles the sand paper ate through the plastic leaving dents. Of course, this was my fifth or six time sanding it down in the past two years so that could have something to do with it.
I am talking to NSXgod (daliracing) about doing a cf wrap on it to match his cf center console. I could get the whole cf console and vent for what it would cost for one oem vent from acuraparts. CF wrap would not need to be repainted and should be fairly strong. Anybody have thoughts on this?

Back