• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CCU, & Head unit

Hey all, ill keep it short.

Im after a working headunit, and CCU for a 91 NSX.

I have already created a thread asking for these items in the states.
The headunit is more important as I am probably going to ship off my ccu (climate control unit) to BrianK to be repaired unless someone already has one.

Cheers.

Hey all, ill keep it short.

Im after a working headunit, and CCU for a 91 NSX.

I have already created a thread asking for these items in the states.
The headunit is more important as I am probably going to ship off my ccu (climate control unit) to BrianK to be repaired unless someone already has one.

Cheers.

I've got a headunit but with Jap Tuner, I'm going to sell it and find one that tunes up to 107mhz if that helps ?

Sorry to start up a reasonably old thread again. I am still having electrical issues with the car, since last post all 3 amps for the nsx have been replaced, and so has the headunit but it seems as though the headunit i ordered from the states is faulty, waste of 200 bucks.

Still wondering if anyone in australia has a headunit lying around somewhere.

Also my srs unit is playing up and constantly blowing the 10a fuse, and the dash light is staying on, after doing some diagnosis it appears to be the srs main unit itself, this is a long shot but does anyone have an srs unit?

Thanks guys.

where dd you get the head unit from?

Why don't you change to a sports steering wheel?

A seller in the states, but looking at the wiring diagram in the user manuel not all the wires are exactly the same so i am after one from australia now, or if anyone knows of a repairer?

I would like a sports steering wheel but it would have to be a type r wheel and they are really expensive. Eventually i would get one but i cant afford it atm, keep in mind i am relating the cost to what is advertised on SOS, which is at least $1000.00+

If your after the type r wheel, why not get a momo replica?
I bought the sparco d shaped 330 mm wheel from sos and it's great.
Gives you more leg room and more room in general.
You can get replica horn kits too.
Unless you want to build a complete replica NSXR, i would'nt worry about getting the type r wheel.
Thats one expensive momo wheel.

Your the second person this week requesting a SRS unit.

I agree just replace your oem wheel with a momo race wheel its the same as the type r but only costs around $270. A prelude boss costs around $70 this combo will not have the horn or cruise control work or buy the SOS Rapid Steering Hub - black matte finish - NSX, all years

The attached pic is my wheel.

We also have a spare head and srs unit so pm me for details.

Attachments

• Momo Race.jpg
    Momo Race.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 36
This is my sparco wheel.
I was'nt after a type r wheel, my concern was getting more leg room so i could sit closer to the wheel.
The oem wheel almost completly fills the drivers compartment.
The buttons are for cruise control.

Attachments

• sparco.jpg
    sparco.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
You can try Jobsons Electronics in North Melbourne 03 9347 6122. If you take a Honda to a dealer with a stereo, CCU etc issue this is one of the places they sublet to.

He repaired my CCU board for $50. Changed all the caps and it is good.

Leong

Brendan- I still have my OEM steering wheel and Stereo HU and amps.
PM if your interested.
Leong- thanks for heads up on CCU my one is playing up.

Cheers.

You can try Jobsons Electronics in North Melbourne 03 9347 6122. If you take a Honda to a dealer with a stereo, CCU etc issue this is one of the places they sublet to.

He repaired my CCU board for $50. Changed all the caps and it is good.

Leong

Ill have to contact these guys thanks for the help with that =)

Brendan- I still have my OEM steering wheel and Stereo HU and amps.
PM if your interested.
Leong- thanks for heads up on CCU my one is playing up.

Cheers.

I vae sent you a pm in relation to the head unit.

In regards to the srs unit and aftermarket steering wheel i have sent an email off to sos for a quote on a replica momo wheel much like the type r, and costs for shipping but still with the rapid hub $198.00, and horn kit $357.00 it still expensive without the wheel, but ill wait for their reply and take it from there.

Back