Cars that have regressed???

I am 28 and I like the Z8, but don't care at all for the Z3 or Z4. The 7 has grown on me, but I think the 5 is crappy. I hated I-Drive every time I have used it. I think the 6 looks like he finally got it right, but I have yet to see one in person.

Let's hope the new 3 is not bagled or BMW could be in serious trouble.

I also think the E class and S class look great. If it were between a E500 or 545, I think it would be an easy choice.

T Bell said:
No Ken, no April Fools by me, maybe it is a generation issue. It seems that anyone over 45 hates Bangle's designs, while people I have talked to under 45 like them???
Obviously not true. Not just from the posts above, but also from all the people of all ages - INCLUDING YOURS - who hate them, and they are indeed a majority in all age groups, based on all the folks I've spoken with in the BMW CCA.

More likely, you are trying to discount my opinions by referring to my age - an "ad hominem" tactic. Like most ad hominem references, it reflects the fact that you are unable to support your statement on the merits of your arguments, so you try to attack someone who disagrees with you based on some irrelevant characteristic about the person, instead of about the opinion they are expressing. Ad hominem arguments are lame, and usually they are totally transparent as well.

T Bell said:
And come on people there has to be others afraid to come "out of the closet" on the Bangle designs!!!!!
I'm sure there are lots more people reading this topic who hate the Bangle designs, including the mismatched trunk lid on the 745i and the Dame Edna headlights on the 5 Series - but they're not bothering to post because they feel that others have already stated their opinions quite articulately already.

Maybe we need a poll, to see how people really feel about them?

nsxtasy said:
...More likely, you are trying to discount my opinions by referring to my age - an "ad hominem" tactic. Like most ad hominem references, it reflects the fact that you are unable to support your statement on the merits of your arguments, so you try to attack someone who disagrees with you based on some irrelevant characteristic about the person, instead of about the opinion they are expressing. Ad hominem arguments are lame, and usually they are totally transparent as well.

Most of what you said is, of course, correct. But I'm not so quick to assume that the first statement applies in this case. Giving him the benefit of assuming he was making a "blind" guess (and no real harm in that in this context), I think it was not entirely flawed. Wrong in this case, but an understandable supposition. After all, people are likely to have lusted after the cars that defined "classic" lines for sports cars of their youth, and would naturally find them appealing today. I'm definitely one of those.

But that doesn't change the fact that the Bungle abominations are indeed despised by people of all ages.

sjs said:
Most of what you said is, of course, correct. But I'm not so quick to assume that the first statement applies in this case. Giving him the benefit of assuming he was making a "blind" guess (and no real harm in that in this context), I think it was not entirely flawed. Wrong in this case, but an understandable supposition.
Fair enough. Then again, the fact that Tom has made the same ad hominem argument here before (in a situation that was equally false) would argue against it.

sjs said:
But that doesn't change the fact that the Bungle abominations are indeed despised by people of all ages.
Exactly. It's one of those logic things where the statement doesn't prove that it's an ad hominem argument instead of a wrong guess - but the fact that the guess is so wrong makes it appear more likely that it might be an ad hominem argument. Especially when the same ad hominem attack has been made by the same individual.

Incidentally, I'm glad NetViper mentioned the Z8. I think that car is quite nice looking. (Although it's a few years old at this point.)

I am 38 and am a big fan of the new BMW design. I am currently in DC and it looks like I may have quite a few people in my camp. I have seen at least 40 new 5's and 10 new 7's in the first day here and I was only out on the roads for about one hour.

hey ken, ad hominem--i love it!! havent heard that in years!! argumentum ad hominem-----argument against the man.

not sure if that was an ad hominem argument or not, but bangle designs still suck, and im 37.

I am 38 and I absolutely hate all of the new BMW designs.
7 series cars are nice up until that rear trunk lid.
5 series cars are just plain ugly from front to back.
6 series What a way to screw up a sport coupe.
I hope a drwaing of the M3, posted on the forum a couple of months ago or so was true. It looked nice.
I loved the 850/840 CSI and the current M3.
JAO

Yeah, there are a lot of Banglers out there, it's just that every time someone praises the Bangel designs he gets accused of being drunk, high, or blind. Or all of them at the same time

I like Bangle designs, shoot me. I have the right to express my opinion, you cannot force me to be quite and tame, I will prevail I will………( Do I sound like a woman's right's group?)…………..

Go Bangle =, Bangle everything in sight, the new Acura RL is just another Bangle design want to be

Back