Cars and Croissants 19June2011

This event is held approximately every two weeks during the warm months in Chatham NJ. Its a short distance away and the weather was great, so I gave it a try. Lots of Ferraris, Lambos, and as Tytus would say, the Porsches were a dime a dozen. (Porsches varied from an old Speedster to a GT3 RS). There was even a recent Rolls Royce convertible and some other rare cars. Mine was the only NSX there.

I placed 60 pictures in the photo gallery. I haven't tried to put that many pictures in a message before, so if anyone can give me a clue as to how to quickly place all of them for display in this thread, let me know.:rolleyes:

But, in any case, here's the link to them in the Prime photo gallery
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=45071&title=cnc19jun2011&cat=500

I frequwnt this meet in my white 300zx twin turbo. It would be great to have more nsx people to come out and show there car's. Look forward to meeting everyone :)

I frequent this meet in my white 300zx twin turbo. It would be great to have more nsx people to come out and show there car's. Look forward to meeting everyone :) So far we have a decent number of z's, and supra's show.

Here is the official listing btw:
>>>>>Update: We are going to have a C&C on this Saturday, Feb 26th! Looks like the rain over the next two days will clean up the winter mess and we will get a nice day on Saturday to hold our first C&C of the year!<<<<<

After a tough winter, we would like to welcome everyone to the new season of Cars and Croissants! The meet keeps growing and we had some great firsts last year (SLA, FLA, 100 year old RR). By the end of 2010, we had over a 100 cars showing up regularly and the variety has been just amazing.
As we mentioned in our kick off email in prior years, C&C is completely casual and informal. Just a bunch of car guys getting together on a Saturday/Sunday morning. No cost to you except for what you want to spend at the local shops. Please feel to invite others who might enjoy our gatherings.

The details (please read as there are a few changes):
Location: Parking lot of the Woodland Bakery, 650 Shunpike Road, Chatham, NJ 07928

Pictures from Last Year’s Meetings:http://www.flickr.com/photos/quidpro...7624471953334/

A few requests:
1) Please do not park in the first row of parking spaces on the right as you enter the parking lot
2) Please obey all posted parking signs and, especially, leave any handicapped spots open for those who may need them;
3) Please do not lay down any rubber when leaving the parking lot!
Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM (We have noticed that parking lot now starts to fill up with shoppers after 11AM; a fixed end time will hopefully reduce crowding for both groups).
The link for the C&C Yahoo Groups Page: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/candcnj/

The dates are listed below for 2011 are listed below.
• Saturday, February 26, 2011
• Sunday, March 13, 2011
• Saturday, March 26, 2011
• Sunday, April 10, 2011
• Saturday, April 23, 2011
• Saturday, May 07, 2011
• Sunday, May 22, 2011
• Saturday, June 04, 2011
• Sunday, June 19, 2011
• Saturday, July 02, 2011
• Sunday, July 17, 2011
• Saturday, July 30, 2011
• Saturday, August 13, 2011
• Sunday, August 28, 2011
• Saturday, September 10, 2011
• Sunday, September 25, 2011
• Saturday, October 08, 2011
• Sunday, October 23, 2011
• Saturday, November 05, 2011
• Sunday, November 20, 2011
• Saturday, December 03, 2011
• Sunday, December 18, 2011

Special events under consideration for this year:
• Drive to New Hope Auto Show
• Drive to Greenwich Concours d’Elegance
• Gathering at the Vintage Races at Lime Rock
• Another visit to Toad Hall
• Visits to other private collections

We are still open to other ideas if you are interested in organizing them.
If you haven’t signed up for the C&C groups, please send an email to [email protected] to become a member.
You can post messages by sending emails to [email protected].
See you on Saturday!
-abi & Kirk

Looks like a great turnout! I'll be there on Sundays in Sept/Oct. :wink:

2 July 2011 C&C report:

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera this time. I parked my red NSX two cars down from the red Ferrari 599 GTO, which was parked next to the red Ferrari Enzo. The Ferraris are owned by the same person. The rear license plate frames on the two cars: "My Other Car isa Ferrari Enzo" and "My Other Car is a Ferrari 599 GTO". By the way, his other car is a yellow Scuderia, which wasn't there today.

Also there was a MB SLS, plus the usual load of F430's, Testa Rossa's, an impeccable Pontiac Solstice with a Corvette LS2 V8, and a gaggle of Porsches of all generations. Interestingly, my NSX still drew a lot of attention.

^ It was nice seeing your nsx. Didnt get to talk much tto you but I did say you had a nice nsx as you were closing your hatch lol. Again it is beautiful.

Overal the meet was great, looks of nice cars. It was great meeting randy in the white supra single turbo and matthew in the black 350z along with the regulars I hang with. Hope to see more nsx's show up :)
Enjoy the pics they were pretty random.

Some teasers to the blog
http://makaofox.blogspot.com/

032.jpg

029.jpg

028.jpg

016-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

024-1.jpg

^ It was nice seeing your nsx. Didnt get to talk much tto you but I did say you had a nice nsx as you were closing your hatch lol. Again it is beautiful.

Thanks for posting the pics. Perhaps we'll get to chat a bit more the next time.

I'll go too Mike, if you bring the mountain lion. :biggrin:

The mountain lion doesnt leave the cushy confines of our house, but as soon as the weather turns, I'll be there on Sunday mornings. Im at the shore for the summer.

In case you guys havent read it they will have it on september 5th! Hope everyone was ok during the hurricane. Here is the info

Now that conditions are getting back to normal, we have decided to combine
the postponed C&C meet with the Liberty State Park Run. We are also hoping
that the extra few days will give more time for the work/repair crews to
finish their work.

All the details for the first Monday edition of C&C remain the same (noted
below). For those who would like to go on the drive can depart at 9:30 with
Richard.

See you on Monday.

-abi

The details:

Location: Parking lot of the Woodland Bakery, 650 Shunpike Road, Chatham, NJ

A few requests:

1) Please do not park in the first row of parking spaces on the right
as you enter the parking lot

2) Please obey all posted parking signs and, especially, leave any
handicapped spots open for those who may need them;

Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM

The link for the C&C Yahoo Groups Page:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/candcnj/

. Monday, September 5: Labor Special with Liberty State Park Drive

. Saturday, September 10, 2011

. Sunday, September 25, 2011

. Saturday, October 08, 2011

. Sunday, October 23, 2011

. Saturday, November 05, 2011

. Sunday, November 20, 2011

. Saturday, December 03, 2011

. Sunday, December 18, 2011

If you haven't signed up for the C&C groups, please send an email to
[email protected] to become a member.

Oh man, I just looked on my calender and sadly missed this event. Any pics?

A Stanley Steamer drove in, getting lots of attention. As a neat now/then picture, an F430 parked next to it. "Tax Dr" (his license plate series) had his Enzo there, but left the 599GTO home, instead bringing his 16M Scuderia and California. Interestingly, no Lambos showed up.

Absolutely georgeous was a Triumph 2000 (don't know the year).

The Mallet Pontiac Solstice with a Corvette LS-2 V8 was there again. Just a bit much power for such a small car, but it all fits nicely under the hood.

There was a '64 Corvette convertible with about 20kmi, all original including 3 of the original tires. The only thing he changed out on the car has been the cooolant hoses. Even the original top looks factory fresh. (sorry, no pictures)

This event is close to me and down the street from my son's house, so I go often. But only once have I encountered another NSX there (on Oct 9), and I didn't get a chance to meet the owner.

I've been slacking off on the picture taking, so there's only a few below.

IMG_3440.JPG

IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3419.JPG

IMG_3418.JPG

Last edited:
This sunday is the next right?

This from the Ferrari Chat Website:

Cars & Croissants: Chatham, NJ: Sunday, Nov 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All,

I hope you are enjoying the fall! We are having another CnC on Sunday to get our helpings of croissants with a side of motor oil.

To keep things interesting, we are inviting everyone to sport their wackiest hats on Sunday!

-abi & Kirk

The details:
Location: Parking lot of the Woodland Bakery, 650 Shunpike Road, Chatham, NJ 07928
A few requests:
1) Please do not park in the first row of parking spaces on the right as you enter the parking lot.
2) Please obey all posted parking signs and, especially, leave any handicapped spots open for those who may need them.
Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM

The link for the C&C Yahoo Groups Page: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/candcnj/
• Sunday, November 20, 2011
• Saturday, December 03, 2011
• Sunday, December 18, 2011
If you haven’t signed up for the C&C groups, please send an email to [email protected] to become a member.
You can post messages by sending emails to [email protected].

Back