Carfax warranty

Has anyone purchased the carfax extended warranty? They offer a 3 year bumber to bumper extended warranty. They quoted me $2699.00 for a 1997 with 25k miles. Think it is worth it?

It is impossible to tell with such little information, "bumper to bumper" has no meaning. None at all.

Here are some questions to ask:

1. Is it an "inclusive" or "exclusive" warranty?

--Inclusive is the most restrictive because they specifically list what they cover and what they do not. It can go down to the specific part number nowadays.

--Exclusive is the opposite: it states what they do not cover. If not stated, they cover it!! (much better)

(I might have the In vs Ex reversed, but you get the idea).

2. What is the deductible?

3. What are their possible reasons for denial of a claim? (non-stock items, customer abuse, failure to maintain or anticipate)

In general NSX's are extremely reliable and rarely fail within the first 10+ years.

If your car is in excellent condition: then I personally would forgo the warranty as it is unlikely you will need it.

If the car has been driven hard then it *might* be a reasonable depending on what is covered. A basic "main train" warranty on an NSX is a waste of money unless your plan is to torture the car.

Drew

My personal opinion is that I would not do it. Chances are very slim that you will have $2700 dollars worth of repairs happen within the next 3 years on a 25K mile 1997 NSX.

Back