Carbon fiber wrapping

I'm using the neffy wrap now working on the center console and piece just above with the vents. Honestly, it's an absolute pain in the ass - but then again, I'm very picky.

I have the vent piece done - but I haven't quite figured out how I want to tackle the center console. Anyone here have tips or tricks? Best place to start, should I use heat to stretch around the edges? Will I have any issues wrapping around the backside and having it "push" out from the stereo given the additional thickness?

I'm using the neffy wrap now working on the center console and piece just above with the vents. Honestly, it's an absolute pain in the ass - but then again, I'm very picky.

I have the vent piece done - but I haven't quite figured out how I want to tackle the center console. Anyone here have tips or tricks? Best place to start, should I use heat to stretch around the edges? Will I have any issues wrapping around the backside and having it "push" out from the stereo given the additional thickness?

Bump. I even went to a local auto reupholster shop for them to just tell me the center console piece is to difficult and they don't feel they could do it.

Does anyone have tips - tricks, or even a place to suggest that can do it? I'm stuck. :(

I would not use heat with neffy. I thought of doing my center console but I thought it would not hold up around the e-brake contour. If i tried, I would start by pressing the area of the e-brake. if you started and cannot get it to work you can always use goo-gone to get rid of the spray glue. I used 3M 90 spray glue.

I would not use heat with neffy. I thought of doing my center console but I thought it would not hold up around the e-brake contour. If i tried, I would start by pressing the area of the e-brake. if you started and cannot get it to work you can always use goo-gone to get rid of the spray glue. I used 3M 90 spray glue.

So did you finish the project or no? Do you have completed photos showing the hard spots? I've gone to a few auto reupholstery shops that have a very good reputation around the area and they all refuse to touch this project saying it's near impossible.

I just find it odd that shops with 30+ years of experience would say its impossible but their are a few novices who claim it's not that bad and have done it themselves...

No, I have not tried this yet (bezel). But, I have finished other parts that I have wrapped.

Well - the center console plastic piece is going to be the most difficult piece ever....

Who hear HAS done it?

Back