• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Carbon Fiber NSX-R Hood Done!

I don't see any rudeness in your post.. You are assuming that some people will be using the hood for purpose of increased airflow and downforce. I know some will just want it for looks.

DPG said:
Not to be rude, but the hood is made to direct air coming from the radiator up over the car to help increase airflow and downforce. By making it compatable with the spare tire defeats the purpose. Just FYI.

95MR2Turbo: If it clears the spare tire, could there be an seperate part to add on for the air duct to go farther down?

The nsx-r hood was made for downforce and cooling of the radiator. Though most of you dont know, is that their is a DUCT coming from the radiator upward to the exit of the vent to make is possible for this to happen. That duct, if im not mistaken, please correct me if I'm wrong, is made of composite. The Nsx-R never had a Spare tire due to this, and weight issues.

Take care

chris

this is the duct that replace the spare tyre

Attachments

• kitejapan-img600x450-1108267269dakut.jpg
    kitejapan-img600x450-1108267269dakut.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,838
I want the hood for the looks, at first I wanted the look of the exact replica but if the spare tire could still fit, it would be a plus (I'm not confortable with those air/sealant cans.) I don't race so downforce is not as important as been able to carry the spare tire (hope is confirmed once test are done).

I believe most of us who don't race feel the same.

Any pictures yet ?? :cool:

Just been schooled.. neat..

ok.. soo... where can we find that scoop?

thanks a bunch,
x

nsxhk said:
I've been using that scoop for a couple years now.... if I'm not mistaken, it's made for RHD nsx.

Henry.

I guess henry is right, mine is RHD as well

nsxhk, NSXsan:

so, you already have a NSX-R hood with the vent ???

for those interested, does it really work ??

thanx

How about those install photos? Everyday since the weekend, I check to see the installation pics, and still nothing...

An word? Does it not fit right?

I am just a bit interested... :biggrin:

NSXsan said:
I guess henry is right, mine is RHD as well

being that the scoop is in the center, how much different can the scoop be being RHD?

it doesn't seem that there would be any obstructions. please advise.

i am totally interested in the scoop. been looking for a while. was contemplating making one out of sheet metal.

pixelhaus said:
being that the scoop is in the center, how much different can the scoop be being RHD?

it doesn't seem that there would be any obstructions. please advise.

i am totally interested in the scoop. been looking for a while. was contemplating making one out of sheet metal.

The duct that goes inside the compartment in place of the spare tire is RHD only. I know that Dali is working on creating one for LHD.

Because everything in the front compartment is reversed, the "insert" cannot be installed in a LHD car. If you look at the picture of the duct, you can see that the mounting points, etc are off center. Just picture a mirror image of it, that's what you need to fit that duct for a LHD.

Everyone, I apologize for the wait with the installation pics! It's been difficult coordinating my busy schedule with Brad's busy schedule. It was 8 in the evening when we were finally able to meet up and take some pics, so they're not super duper quality photos (poor lighting), but the hood does look awesome. Like the NSX-R hood, we plan to offer a fiberglass duct, which will direct air solely through the vent on the hood in the near future. With or without the duct however, it's important to note that these hoods help a GREAT DEAL as far as venting hot air (from the radiator) from the forward compartment. Without further ado:

TYPERHOOD01.jpg

TYPERHOOD02.jpg

TYPERHOOD03.jpg

TYPERHOOD04.jpg

TYPERHOOD05.jpg

TYPERHOOD06.jpg

TYPERHOOD07.jpg

TYPERHOOD08.jpg

TYPERHOOD09.jpg

TYPERHOOD10.jpg

The fitment is a tad tighter (better around the fenders) than the Backyard Special replica we offer. The gap between the hood and the headlights is slightly larger than stock, but this can be expected of almost any aftermarket hood. The headlight gap in either hood can be seen below:
hoodandlights2.jpg

Much thanks to Brad for his continued help with fitment pictures.

We anticipate that these hoods will arrive in the next couple of weeks, and we are currently taking deposits ($100) to secure a place in line. Thanks everyone for your patience!

hi im very interested in one for a 02 plus nose... Please let us know when you develop one.
thanks
Chris

Also, if you develop a nsx-r wing combo id be interested in purchasing that as well.

Yes, unless you're planning on adding the additional air diverter piece (as seen in the NSX-R), you'll be able to use your stock spare tire without any clearance problems at all. Yes, the spare was unmoved for the pictures too.

1TITENSX said:
Well, can we keep our spare tires :confused: ICBW, but it looks like I still see one with the new hood on.

Your hood is looking great. Can you posts some more pictures in the sun light? Wish I could see it in person, really would like to purchase. Can you comment on the fitment at the arrow locations on the attached picture. Thanks.

Attachments

• HOOD04x.jpg
    HOOD04x.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,698
Last edited:
Can you quote me shipping to Sydney Australia post code 2030 and shipping if you sent 2 bonnets want to see if the price is much different.
Thanx

ALIENT said:
This doesn't look like the same hood in question Vents are different.

I believe he was referring to the fact that the gap of his hood is similar to that of any other aftermarket hood. Then showed the hood gap of a different aftermarket hood.

x

It's the other hood we sell. Because of the poor lighting, I wasn't able to get a picture on this specific hood, but I used that picture because the gap is the same.

ALIENT said:
This doesn't look like the same hood in question Vents are different.

Thanks for the kind words! You're welcome to come have a look in person if you're in the area. As per your fitment questions:
Left arrow: a few mm wider gap than stock from the fender. Sits at exactly the right height.
Right arrow: a factory fit as far as gap goes. The carbon fiber hood sits a little bit higher than stock exactly where the arrow is pointing, but it's barely noticeable.
Hope that answers your questions.

James

bluethunder said:
Your hood is looking great. Can you posts some more pictures in the sun light? Wish I could see it in person, really would like to purchase. Can you comment on the fitment at the arrow locations on the attached picture. Thanks.

Back