• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Carbon fiber center consoles (DOWNFORCE)

Not to hijack but you say that as if that name is actually a good name. It depends on who you ask but if it's anyone in the audio industry and not an uneducated consumer, the name Bose (A.K.A. Blows) is more of a joke than anything else. It's all marketing hype; the products themselves are pretty poor. Especially for what they cost.

If it is such a bad unit that why do they continue to sell products?? If it is so bad why did Acura chose to put it in thier crowing jewel car??
Why did Ferrari just sign on to have them as exclusive audio supplier for thier cars?
Many other manufacturers also use them as the top audio system in the cars they produce.
Sounds like to me if it is just marketing hype they have got a LOT of folks fooled.

If it is such a bad unit that why do they continue to sell products?? If it is so bad why did Acura chose to put it in thier crowing jewel car??
Why did Ferrari just sign on to have them as exclusive audio supplier for thier cars?
Many other manufacturers also use them as the top audio system in the cars they produce.
Sounds like to me if it is just marketing hype they have got a LOT of folks fooled.

The simple answer - $$$
I spent many years installing aftermarket stereo components. BOSE has made some of the lowest quality systems I have heard. One of the knocks against the NSX in early reviews was the poor quality of the sound system. Why did Honda/Acura place this in their car? It cost about $30 for the components excluding the cd changer. When building a car like the NSX Honda had to save $ in certain places. The stereo was an easy way to go. The plus side for BOSE was having their name in an elite car (free marketing). Some BOSE components are good quality - but they are not in our cars.

Peter, or Sam if you guys are looking at the forums,is there any possibilities that DF would be producing the carbon fiber center console. I would be happy with one for the factory headunit. As you can see there is alot of interest on these parts. Thanks, Frank

Hello guys :wink: I will talk to Peter and see if it is a product we could start making the biggest issue is there is so many applications its hard to figure out the best one to make. I will look into it thou.

I recommend the stock configuration, and the double din cutout.

Hello guys :wink: I will talk to Peter and see if it is a product we could start making the biggest issue is there is so many applications its hard to figure out the best one to make. I will look into it thou.

It's 2011 and what happen to the c/f center consoles :-) thanks

Now it's 2014... My stereo quit and i'm looking for the final results on this. Where is the place to purchase the best made carbon fiber console with double din cutout including ashtray? Also cf door switch panels?

Now it's 2014... My stereo quit and i'm looking for the final results on this. Where is the place to purchase the best made carbon fiber console with double din cutout including ashtray? Also cf door switch panels?

To my knowledge there's no console on the market with the coin tray and ash tray that's carbon. Only the Tamoske ones that were ok at best.

There's nsx1145's that has the coin tray and there's mine.

Frank Spano decided to go with mine and I'll get pictures up when he gets back to me. He's been busy.

If I had to buy one without the ashtray and were cutting in my own 7" doubleDin is it possible to move the double din down just an inch or so to better space everything?

Or does everyone think that would look weird? Just gathering info at this point.

Also, do you think I could even find door switch panels?

If I had to buy one without the ashtray and were cutting in my own 7" doubleDin is it possible to move the double din down just an inch or so to better space everything?

Or does everyone think that would look weird? Just gathering info at this point.

Also, do you think I could even find door switch panels?

You I guess could move the double din down but you'd probably have to shave some of the insides of the panel itself down. Meaning there's a slightly ledge on the dash where the SOS mounting bracket sits so you'd need to shave it down some on each side. If you take off your center console you'd know what I'm talking about. But personally I wouldn't. With single dins you have more lead room, but you could still only lower it as low as the double din usually sits because of that ledge.

Door switch panels multiple people have contacted me about. The issue with them aren't that they are terribly difficult, but that the mounting tabs are terribly annoying and difficult to fabricate somewhat correctly. It's not the screw studs that are a hassle since there's ways around that, it's the tabs on the side of the skiny portion of the switch bezels since there are tabs that actually clip onto the vents themselves.

I guess with 3d printers out now and machinists anything is possible, but I don't have access to either.

Back