• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Carbon fiber center consoles (DOWNFORCE)

Chris from SOS said he knew of the demand, maybe something in their future:rolleyes:

What is wrong with ones currently available on the market? I know Tamoske makes them, and I believe Dali has them as well.

I was at one time working on this project, but when they became available at what I thought was a good price, I did not think there would be enough demand. Especially when I saw how many different versions people wanted as an option.

What is wrong with ones currently available on the market? I know Tamoske makes them, and I believe Dali has them as well.

I was at one time working on this project, but when they became available at what I thought was a good price, I did not think there would be enough demand. Especially when I saw how many different versions people wanted as an option.

Ben,

trust me, there is more than enough demand. Everyone at NSXPO was saying how they wanted one, and there was none around. I bought (if you can call it that) from Tamoske and never recieved it. Post a feeler thread, you'll be surprised. Oh, and Dali doesnt make a double din setup:wink:

Ben,

All you need to do is make one version, take it or leave it and they (we) will beat a path to your door. Think about it: its an aging car designed when cassettes are de riguer. All the oem Bose units are dying en masse, so the upgrade bug demands this product.

I say just offer a double DIN cutout, ashtray, coin try like oem and leave it to the buyer to use the holes as they see fit.

Done and done.
:cool:

Ben,

All you need to do is make one version, take it or leave it and they (we) will beat a path to your door. Think about it: its an aging car designed when cassettes are de riguer. All the oem Bose units are dying en masse, so the upgrade bug demands this product.

I say just offer a double DIN cutout, ashtray, coin try like oem and leave it to the buyer to use the holes as they see fit.

Done and done.

+1

Ben,

Done and done.

+3

From what i read it seems Dalis console has fitment issues, and Tamoske certainly manages his group buys in his own way, and Procars console may be a work of art but it comes at a very high price. To high for most.

So I think most potential customers would buy your console because DF have such an excellent reputation when it comes to both customer service and quality of the products. I would.

Last edited:
Good quality and vendor trust is the issue. I am considering spending $500 on oem replacement console (seems insane). The only thing stopping me is the hope of SOS or DF coming out with a cf console soon.

Ben, the other vendors may make this product but Im sure the quality wouldn't even come close to the quality of the DOWNFORCE products. I saw not going to mention the name of the high priced part, and the carbon fiber wasn't that straight, it looked curved. I hope you guys produce this part. Also, was wondering if DOWNFORCE would ever make complete doors out of carbon fiber, I mean the whole interior part. Hope this comes about. Thanks, Frank

I'm 100% in for a center console with room for single din CD-player. This HAS been brought up earlier and I remember tens of people being interested in the one I requested. I would buy one in other material than CF because I'm painting it. But if you want to make in CF I'm in for it as well.

Unfortunately alot of us are committed {well we've pd. anyway} to Tamoskes console. But I'm sure if Ben designed one he would be overwhelmed at the buyers that would commit. That along with the carbon airbox lid, hehe.:biggrin:

I my opinion, I don't think that brushed aluminum looks good in the interior of the nsx. Carbon fiber would look a 100 times better, more exotic looking. Frank

Just thought I would ask, because the advantage of aluminum/ABS would be that I wouldn't have a backorder.

It's a pretty time consuming part, so I can understand why certain vendors are having trouble keeping up.

if done in brushed aluminum then you would have to make a matching set for the vent portion and door switch panel. :smile: Complete set in factory form for a factory radio would be nice either in brushed aluminum or CF.

Or for those who plan on keeping the fact. radio, has anyone considered carbon wrapping the fact. piece? No doubt there would be no fitment issues.:smile:

Back